Login

russian armor

Relic Stream - October 28

29 Oct 2015, 05:20 AM

What irks me is the fact that the offmap can be used in base sectors. First of all, I thought offmap strikes being used in base sectors were cancerous and we were supposed to be moving away from those things. Relic even went so far as to mention it like it was intentional. What are they thinking, if anything? The point of the strike was to deal with static artillery pieces, but--surprise!--you can't build artillery in your base anymore. So, once again, what is the point?
29 Oct 2015, 05:34 AM
Patrion 14

As people speculate about an commander that will be released tomorrow. Relic in the mean time tells us in a long drawn out sentence there will be no optimization patch in the future and no one bats an eye.

Like really? It surprised none of you at all that relic will probably never release an optimization patch like ever? I guess me neither.
29 Oct 2015, 05:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 05:20 AMHorasu
What irks me is the fact that the offmap can be used in base sectors.

I would've thought there would be a movement to start changing all offmaps to be unusable in base sectors from their philosophy. This really surprised me too.
29 Oct 2015, 05:53 AM

So, playing fuel/muni-starved faction with excess of MP, I can pay muni to get more MP. Sweet.

Well, at least salvage gives muni.
29 Oct 2015, 08:28 AM

1- Hetzer high popcap is probably a way to mitigate recoup loss. So you can't have a super big blob + hetzer + tanks for "free". If you want to maintain your blob, you'll need to spam more recoup loss so to use your ammo and probably convert your fuel, so to delay your tanks. Each player will have to find the perfect balance between each of them.

2a- With the nerf of the global flam damage, a sturm flammer (no need for 2) is becoming much more interesting than spamming volks flamnade. for the cost of two flamnade you'll have a persistent flamer (up to you to not lose it), much more resilient with vet, you'll lose less munition at throwing flamnade dealing too little damage.
2b- OKW players are well known to cry because their beloved sturms become useless after 5 minutes. this upgrade will let you going safely 2 sturms start for a maximum early impact and dedicate one sturm to repair and the other one to flamer support for the rest of the game when their fighting superiority goes down.

3- Munition salvage at cp0, no need to explain how important is this ability in the context of the commander

5- Rocket Barrage is perfect if you decide to not spam and blob and so not use Recoup Loss, the doctrine gives you the munition salvage ability and you shouldn't be poping more than 1/2 sturmflammer in the game, so 200 ammo isn't a big deal.

I find the commander balance in fact, Dedicated in AI + a good arty barrage. It lacks of AT ability make it balance in my opinion.

The next interesting question are what can counter an early hetzer, the unit has a good armor, enough to deflect ATGs shots.
29 Oct 2015, 08:53 AM

It is allowed in base because it is literally stuka barrage that cost 200 munny (in other faction 250 munny (they get 80% of munny) ) ant that is the same cost as railway arty from special weapons regiment commader , that can be fired in FoW
29 Oct 2015, 09:04 AM

Out of curiosity, anyone tried to bomb brit T2 and T3 with anything yet?
These buildings aren't the examples of durability and depending on barrage strength, it might end up cheezy.
29 Oct 2015, 09:40 AM

I will describe you why not only hetzer but also ALL flame tanks will be useless this patch.

kv8 and crocodille damage decreased from 16 to 10
so now it should have 62,5 % of prenerf (OP) damage output.

But there is also "hidden" direct nerf to them - we increased dot frequencity from 0,5 second to 1,25 second so this means before kv8 make 16 dmg every half second but now it make 10 damage every 1,25 second.

So this will mean it will do now 25 % of previous damage (5 times it did damage before , now it damage 2 times) so this will mean it will do 25 % of previos damage and the hetzer is the same (and croco too )

SO YOU WILL NEED TO ATTACK INFANTRY BY FLAME TANKS 4 TIMES LONGER TO WIPE IT.

:hansGG:

+1

I wonder if they have thought about this double nerf.
29 Oct 2015, 10:35 AM

OMG PSLS BUFF HETZER IT IS KRUPPSTEEL AND PORCHE ENGINES!!!

this community never lets me down
29 Oct 2015, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 18:30 PMGiaA
This thread is a good example of how hypocritical this community is.

Commander doesn't seem op at first glance: "Never gonna buy that shit"
Commander looks OP: "Relic is destroying this game with their P2W dlc policy but I'm gonna buy and abuse the commander anyways."

lololol

+1. So true.
29 Oct 2015, 16:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Only way sturmpioneer flamethrower would be less shit if it was 0cp. Or it was 2cp and gave 2 flamethrowers for 90 munitions to not only make it not worthless but also not make sturmpios not look like the worst squad out of all flamer squads to get a flamethrower units. Right now I'd never upgrade sturms with flamethrower because I need them to be mobile, and I'm not fond of paying 60 munitions for a dps nerf. If I need to clear a building im using volk nade. Worthless underpowered gimmick ability. Just like the flame hetzer that cannot make use of its veterancy.
29 Oct 2015, 16:18 PM

I will describe you why not only hetzer but also ALL flame tanks will be useless this patch.

kv8 and crocodille damage decreased from 16 to 10
so now it should have 62,5 % of prenerf (OP) damage output.

But there is also "hidden" direct nerf to them - we increased dot frequencity from 0,5 second to 1,25 second so this means before kv8 make 16 dmg every half second but now it make 10 damage every 1,25 second.

So this will mean it will do now 25 % of previous damage (5 times it did damage before , now it damage 2 times) so this will mean it will do 25 % of previos damage and the hetzer is the same (and croco too )

SO YOU WILL NEED TO ATTACK INFANTRY BY FLAME TANKS 4 TIMES LONGER TO WIPE IT.

:hansGG:

This is wrong. DoT damage will only affect molotovs, flame nades, incendiary arty and stuff that actually leaves a visible flame on the ground. That will be nerfed. Flamethrower damage output like handheld and vehicle ones will not be nerfed. Aside from damage reduction of kv-8 and croc, of course.
29 Oct 2015, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 16:18 PMBurts

This is wrong. DoT damage will only affect molotovs, flame nades, incendiary arty and stuff that actually leaves a visible flame on the ground. That will be nerfed. Flamethrower damage output like handheld and vehicle ones will not be nerfed. Aside from damage reduction of kv-8 and croc, of course.
all flame vehicles leave flame dots. Only hand held flamers don't.
29 Oct 2015, 17:32 PM
Patrion 14

all flame vehicles leave flame dots. Only hand held flamers don't.

So basically flame DOT's for flamer tanks will be nerfed too right? Or am I reading that wrong?
29 Oct 2015, 18:21 PM

So basically flame DOT's for flamer tanks will be nerfed too right? Or am I reading that wrong?

Yup, pretty much it's all the same mechanic. I suspect that's why the okw hetzer looked like shit, because it was designed with the old DOT in mind.

Infantry was going to have DOT too, but it ended up messing with your own assaults, since your infantry would have to run through their own flames while attacking.
29 Oct 2015, 18:26 PM

It is allowed in base because it is literally stuka barrage that cost 200 munny (in other faction 250 munny (they get 80% of munny) ) ant that is the same cost as railway arty from special weapons regiment commader , that can be fired in FoW

The Concentrated Artillery Operation from the Special Weapons Regiment is still an ability that can't be used on base sector, which is the point we're trying to make (it also isn't relevant, and the FOW is an entirely different issue that needs to be tackled). It's also not literally the same as the Walking Stuka, the unit is a creeping barrage while the offmap bombards within an AOE radius. The Walking Stuka is also a unit that's vulnerable to attacks, so building it is a risk unto itself compared to offmaps.
30 Oct 2015, 00:16 AM

can Relic please address flame tanks doing only 25% of the damage they did pre-patch? how is that balanced? why not a 25% DECREASE? these types of wild swings in DPS only serve to make units useless (in this case) or OP in some other DPS + cases.

Any thoughts?
30 Oct 2015, 00:28 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 00:16 AMakula
can Relic please address flame tanks doing only 25% of the damage they did pre-patch? how is that balanced? why not a 25% DECREASE? these types of wild swings in DPS only serve to make units useless (in this case) or OP in some other DPS + cases.

Any thoughts?
No I agree flame tanks were drastically overnerfed. DoT damage nerf is fine. But the drastic nerf to flame units to 10 is excessive for units like kv8 and hetzer. 12 o even 13 would of been a good spot.
30 Oct 2015, 02:13 AM

my hetzer needed 125 kils to reach vet 5 (inf sections were the target)

the new off map was able to bring an su85 to half health while the usf cheaper offmaps were able to kill it (time on target less so then the 155mm offmap)
30 Oct 2015, 02:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 02:13 AMBanillo
my hetzer needed 125 kils to reach vet 5 (inf sections were the target)

the new off map was able to bring an su85 to half health while the usf cheaper offmaps were able to kill it (time on target less so then the 155mm offmap)
Time on target has always been shitty.
And 200 is too much for the rockets.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight