Login

russian armor

replace the volks schreck with mp44+faust.

27 Oct 2015, 11:54 AM

the okw's two biggest weakness is infantry and (ironically) early vehicle. (By "early", I mean before the okw get enough munition for a schreck)

what the okw actually need is anti-infantry upgrade for the volks, because the flak halftrack and kubel are both too flimsy to be useful. Both luch and ober are decent but lack any crowd control ability. Even the grenadier lmg42 need mg42 for backup. The volks should get a dual mp44 package to help them against allied infantry.

Secondly, the okw is still vulnerable to an early vehicle rush, because most of their anti-tank weapon are mid-late game. nobody is going to build a raketen in the beginning, and there are simply not enough munition buy a schreck early on. This leave the okw extremely vulnerable to a sov m3 rush, or even the USF dodge truck. Volks should get faust by default to handle an early m3.

The schreck is also redundant, because the okw have access to some of the best anti-tank weapon in the game. The raketen, jpz4, Puma, pz4, panther, and king tiger are all terrific weapon.

the volks' main role should be to protect their expensive and elite unit from the much more numerous allies units. Mp44+faust would give the volkgrenadier much better defensive capability, unlike their current schreck. Faust would also synergize much better with their already existing anti-tank unit. A vehicle with a damaged engine is easy prey for the raketen.
27 Oct 2015, 11:59 AM

While I agree with some of your sentiments and primarily play OKW myself, posts like this at the end of the day are superfluous. Relic isn't going to change a damn thing because they can't generate additional revenue from a faction overhaul. In the mean time they will keep Brits nice and powerful and stomping low level and team games (as these are their largest market segment) so more people will keep buying them.
27 Oct 2015, 12:06 PM

OKW vulnerable to early armor while they got AT on the base building :loco:
27 Oct 2015, 12:11 PM

I agree, I hardly get Schrecks on volks because mines combined with raketenwerfer just do the job perfectly. 2-3 stgs on volks would improve the OKW gameplay and promote flanking and finally remove schreck blobs. They are just ugly to observe.

But we've been singing this prayer since WFA and relic won't listen.
27 Oct 2015, 12:11 PM

No, giving folks mp44s will make then op vs the Soviets because cons don't have any weapons to make the scale better, that and the fact folks are the cheapest infantry in the game and already have incindary grenades that they instantly throw and 5 levels of vet.
27 Oct 2015, 12:15 PM

the okw's two biggest weakness is infantry and (ironically) early vehicle. (By "early", I mean before the okw get enough munition for a schreck)

what the okw actually need is anti-infantry upgrade for the volks, because the flak halftrack and kubel are both too flimsy to be useful. Both luch and ober are decent but lack any crowd control ability. Even the grenadier lmg42 need mg42 for backup. The volks should get a dual mp44 package to help them against allied infantry.

Disagree, volks need better AI capabilities but by other means. Accuracy, damage, ROF health improvement. Pick one of those. OR make mg34 non doctrinal to help them.

Secondly, the okw is still vulnerable to an early vehicle rush, because most of their anti-tank weapon are mid-late game. nobody is going to build a raketen in the beginning, and there are simply not enough munition buy a schreck early on. This leave the okw extremely vulnerable to a sov m3 rush, or even the USF dodge truck. Volks should get faust by default to handle an early m3.

The schreck is also redundant, because the okw have access to some of the best anti-tank weapon in the game. The raketen, jpz4, Puma, pz4, panther, and king tiger are all terrific weapon.

All these because the shreck was nerfed some time ago while raketen received no buff at all, except that camo which is not a buff, it's rather a feature.

the volks' main role should be to protect their expensive and elite unit from the much more numerous allies units. Mp44+faust would give the volkgrenadier much better defensive capability, unlike their current schreck. Faust would also synergize much better with their already existing anti-tank unit. A vehicle with a damaged engine is easy prey for the raketen.

But a faust also costs amo every time you use it, and it will have poor effectiveness the moment you will deal with anything else but a halftruck or carrier.
27 Oct 2015, 12:20 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Giving Volks MP44 would only make sense if it is tied to teching because otherwise I am afraid they will oveperform when they get this from the start
27 Oct 2015, 12:24 PM

I like this idea. It would not only give okw the ability to stop mass allied tank spams but also the mp44 could serve in close combat which is a much much needed thing for axis. Okw gets overrun easily o city maps with close combat because they simply do not have the close combat power. Most of their units are ranged. Shocks and commandos can just overrun them with ease. With an mp44 they might have an better chance.
27 Oct 2015, 12:24 PM

whats the deal with mp44? if they are like in vcoh were they deal 0 dmg while moving. you could counter mp44 blobs by just kiting them because they need to stand still to deal any dmg
27 Oct 2015, 12:30 PM

I'd rather have mp40s you dont see much of that gun in the game other than weapon crews or 1 mp 44 and atleast 2 mp40s, stats and balance well you guys can talk about that I just wanna see more mp40s :)
27 Oct 2015, 12:40 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 12:30 PMmedhood
I'd rather have mp40s you dont see much of that gun in the game other than weapon crews or 1 mp 44 and atleast 2 mp40s, stats and balance well you guys can talk about that I just wanna see more mp40s :)

Pls no! AssGrens are horrible
27 Oct 2015, 12:44 PM

Sturmpios reinforce cost was recently lowered just so you can have more AI power by going dual spios in early game if you feel like you need it.

What about that?

And if volks were to get anything, it should be doctrinal, just like con ptrs and ppsh which are most inferior weapons of their kinds in game.
27 Oct 2015, 12:52 PM

this idea is a clear suicide for OKW.
27 Oct 2015, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 12:44 PMKatitof
Sturmpios reinforce cost was recently lowered just so you can have more AI power by going dual spios in early game if you feel like you need it.

What about that?

And if volks were to get anything, it should be doctrinal, just like con ptrs and ppsh which are most inferior weapons of their kinds in game.

it's not just the mp44 that's important. Giving faust to volks round out the package. I think schreck blob is ugly but the okw is dependent on the weapon upgrade. Giving them panzerfaust and mp44 remove their addiction to schreck and give the okw a much needed boost.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 12:15 PMJohnnyB

All these because the shreck was nerfed some time ago while raketen received no buff at all, except that camo which is not a buff, it's rather a feature.

having cloak out of the gate is extremely useful. being able to hide dramatically increase their survivability. It actually allow the raketen to actually stalk tanks as well. There's more to a unit then just their weapon. Commandos, stormtroopers and raketen would all be completely different unit without their cloak.

27 Oct 2015, 13:05 PM

Pls no! AssGrens are horrible

Why cant it be an mp40 with mp44 stats too many units have mp44's I demand more mp40s!
27 Oct 2015, 13:09 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 13:05 PMmedhood

Why cant it be an mp40 with mp44 stats too many units have mp44's I demand more mp40s!

That would make no sense because the MP44 has a lot more mid range capabilities than the MP40 :) I like MP40s too, but they are in the game as CQ-weapons not as midrange automatics
27 Oct 2015, 13:17 PM

That would make no sense because the MP44 has a lot more mid range capabilities than the MP40 :) I like MP40s too, but they are in the game as CQ-weapons not as midrange automatics

Thats why I proposed they be mixed you get your mp44s and I get to drool over my mp40s XD
27 Oct 2015, 13:23 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 13:17 PMmedhood

Thats why I proposed they be mixed you get your mp44s and I get to drool over my mp40s XD

You could create a mod :P

Anyway Gameplay wise the MP40 is garbage and would make Volks even worse.
27 Oct 2015, 13:25 PM

double G43 upgrade for volks? Like... 50 amo or such?
27 Oct 2015, 15:27 PM

Sturmpio already serves the role of early unit close assault troop. If you give mp44 to Volks, you make Sturmpio completely superfluous. Raketen is in base building already. That is your early AT. Keep in mind you can camo it, garrison it, and retreat it. It's a really good unit, just requires some measure of positioning.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 64
United States 16
Germany 11
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %