Login

russian armor

I love CS:GO

22 Oct 2015, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 11:42 AMBurts

7 words: " Make love " to COH2 and play CS:GO!

Why ? Good Performance, better balance + No P2W bullshit.

2 months in CS:GO ( From July ) and Lord Gabe took 95$ dollars from me for all of those Factory New StatTrak guns, those " good looking sticker " stuff. Lord Gabe can have all of those money and I'm not gonna complain because by all means, I'm his little slave.

I'm stupid am I? all of those shit I pay for will not bring me any advantage, fuck me right ? Also, fuck me for praying to RnG God when I open case to have something that will not in anyway interfere with the gameplay balance right ?

I know that these 2 games are completely different in gaming mode but there is 1 thing in common: Competitive gameplay.

That's all folks.

Yes, I said that all right but did I ever mention that I quit + Delete Company of Heroes 2? No because at that time, I still play COH2 but casually and focus more on CS:GO

What I have been saying for over a year is: DLC that affect gameplay will never make the game being a truly Ultra competitive where everybody got the same advantage and I switch to CS:GO for better balance. And till today I still stand over this point :)

Every game got flaw but at least Valve try their best to balance everything out, not releasing DLC that will keep affect the gameplay :).

Please don't get me wrong but that post express how much better CS:GO DLC doesn't affect gameplay as much as Company of Heroes 2 DLC ( In a mocking way about COH 2 )

22 Oct 2015, 11:46 AM

I agree with Kyle. Even AoE2 has more players than this game, higher price pools (last year one tourney had 120k $), sophisticated balance, etc. You can be happy with CoH2 as long as you dont compare it to other games.

Farewell, we may see us in CS once I got out of my averageness
22 Oct 2015, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 11:33 AMKyle

I actually have delete the game and haven't touch it for 2 weeks now. Sometimes I still watch stream of good player.

I know who you are and I feel you, Relic continues in the same way as at WFA launch, OP DLC factions and commanders and fucks balance for money. What do you expect on them? They are a company, they need to make money. It's up to us if we agree to the way they treat the playerbase and continue playing, or not. You made a tough decision for a man who likes so much a game, to bad I cannot do the same... yet. Last hope, maybe Relic will com to its senses. If not, when Fallout strikes I will be gone and never come back to this game. But I will still be on these forums, just to troll Katitof. :D
22 Oct 2015, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 11:44 AMKyle

Yes, I said that all right but did I ever mention that I quit + Delete Company of Heroes 2? No because at that time, I still play COH2 but casually and focus more on CS:GO

Please don't get me wrong but that post express how much better CS:GO DLC doesn't affect gameplay as much as Company of Heroes 2 DLC ( In a mocking way about COH 2 )

Yes, the DLC policy is terrible. And? Heartstone has a similar system, except that it's free to play. You can buy cards for money or you can play enough to get them.

Or you know, the whole SC 2 bullshit where blizzard makes you pay 40$ for a couple of units IN EVERY expansion. And still they somehow manage to mess it up. (Swarm host meta, etc etc)

But because it's blizzard, it's fine :snfPeter:

Meanwhile coh 2 actually does it alot better and still allows you to play with everyone even if you just bought 1 faction.

Oh and btw because apparently you were once a top 50 1v1 player it boggles my mind how you think this game is still P2W.

The 2 best commanders for SOV/OST are free. CAS and Shock Rifle. USF stock commanders are great as well.

Oh and btw relic is doing a much better job balancing stuff than they did in coh 1. Look at how comparatively quickly commandos, croc, bofors, AVRE, centuar and other bullshit is getting fixed.

In coh 1 after opposing fronts was released relic left the broken PE and Brit bullshit for months. So its definately improving.

Meanwhile in CS GO volvo releases cz-75 and it is ridiciluosly broken for months until they nerf it to uselessnes, and then buff it back again to a point where it is actually good. :snfPeter: But hey, skins :snfPeter:
22 Oct 2015, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 11:49 AMBurts

Oh and btw because apparently you were once a top 50 1v1 player it boggles my mind how you think this game is still P2W.

CoH2 is p2w by definition. You can buy the base game, but in tourneys or just in matchmaking one faction on certain maps is often better than the other. You'd have to buy the other faction.
Same goes for commanders.

The advantage is, that you only need to pay for what you actually want to play. If you just want to play casually, which is what most people want, you do not have to care about real balance of the players abilities.

22 Oct 2015, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 11:49 AMBurts

Yes, the DLC policy is terrible. And? Heartstone has a similar system, except that it's free to play. You can buy cards for money or you can play enough to get them.

Or you know, the whole SC 2 bullshit where blizzard makes you pay 40$ for a couple of units IN EVERY expansion. And still they somehow manage to mess it up. (Swarm host meta, etc etc)

But because it's blizzard, it's fine :snfPeter:

Meanwhile coh 2 actually does it alot better and still allows you to play with everyone even if you just bought 1 faction.

The 2 best commanders for SOV/OST are free. CAS and Shock Rifle. USF stock commanders are great as well.

So can we actually agree that I never said I will quit this game a year ago and all I do was comparing how CS:GO DLC never affect the gameplay?

Blizzard actually does the same way as Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts: They DO release DLC but they are BIG EXPANSION that:

- Has Singleplay Campaign.
- Bring change to Multiplayer.

In a way, those Expansions are Stand-alone game like Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts! ( I know heart of the swarm required the base version of Starcraft 2 but hey, at least they listen to the fanbase and make the Legacy of the Void become a stand alone expansion yeah ?. They also have flaw but they listen to their fans and change )

--------------------------------------------

When I said P2W you have to SEE when the new commanders got release: Most of them are very good and can be easily expoilt:

- Do you remember about the Tiger Ace commander?
- Remember how good Soviet Industry was?
- Ever feel the Ostruppen spam, capture every house?
- Do your men feel the power of Obersodation with their MG34 cut your Rifleman + Conscript in half?
- do your men turn into BBQ when those crocodile tanks coming in and burn everything and get away with the heavy armor ?
- Elite Rifleman doctrine that let you be able to get Vet rifleman right away when the game start?

After sometimes when the Dev can't milk those DLC anymore then they start to make adjustment to the game ( patch ) :).

You said that COH1 was broken with new expansion but then why don't Relic learn from COH1 and fix this in COH2?

And your point in the CZ75 was also true but the point is: Valve actually step in and change thing.

Do you know that they fixed the M4A1, make it not desirable anymore before releasing the " Shadow case " and it actually hurt the sale? But hey, they DO put the players up front rather then trying to go for the money.

And also, even if CZ75 is broken at that time, EVERYBODY GOT access to those broken weapons, not by " paying to get it ". So you think CZ75 is OP and gonna use it? Sure, I'm gonna do the same. We are equally at disadvantage/advantage :).

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 11:49 AMJohnnyB

I know who you are and I feel you, Relic continues in the same way as at WFA launch, OP DLC factions and commanders and fucks balance for money. What do you expect on them? They are a company, they need to make money. It's up to us if we agree to the way they treat the playerbase and continue playing, or not. You made a tough decision for a man who likes so much a game, to bad I cannot do the same... yet. Last hope, maybe Relic will com to its senses. If not, when Fallout strikes I will be gone and never come back to this game. But I will still be on these forums, just to troll Katitof. :D

You are 100% right. Relic choose the path of release DLC and after 2 years of keeping up with them, I have choose to delete the game even after spending so much money into it.

And delete Company of Heroes 2 was a tough choice because this is the only WW2 Strategy competitive game that I ever know but I rather delete it once and for all, never think about it again than tried to stick it to the end and always complaint about it.

Those 1.200$ could actually be the money I willing to spend on COH2 if they make good expansion like COH1 expansion but nah.

22 Oct 2015, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 12:07 PMSchewi

CoH2 is p2w by definition. You can buy the base game, but in tourneys or just in matchmaking one faction on certain maps is often better than the other. You'd have to buy the other faction.

The advantage is, that you only need to pay for what you actually want to play. If you just want to play casually, which is what most people want, you do not have to care about real balance of the players abilities.

By this logic coh 1 was also P2W because brits or PE just might be better than US or Wehr on some maps.

So your logic would be to make ost/sov better than USF/Brits/OKW at every single thing or COH 2 would be pay to win.

That or make USF AND OKW unable to play with SOV/OST. What terrible logic.
22 Oct 2015, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 12:07 PMSchewi

To be able to even compete on tournament level in any serious way, you'd have to know and play all armies anyway, so how is it relevant in any way?

Also, you have no slightest idea what P2W means until you play mobile multiplayer game or F2P mmo.
You can really take my word on this one.

Competitive people always spend more money and time on their activities, it doesn't matter if its gaming(item shops, DLCs), sports(equipment of higher quality, proper clothing) or even friggin chess(guides, strategy books). It doesn't matter what you do, if you want to do it on competitive level, you WILL have to pay more.

If you're casual, you play with what you have and don't give a shit, so I don't really see your point.
Even oh so glorified SC2 shoves 40 europ expansion down your throat for a SINGLE new unit for armies, they don't give a shit you don't play sp campaigns, you're forced to buy it anyway if you want to stay competitive and up to date and they do it for well over 15 years now, since brood war.
22 Oct 2015, 12:16 PM

When you have got 500K online mindless shooter, you can sell your cosmetics enough to make u be rich. But if you have got 6K online brain runner, you cant sell cosmetics enough to satisfy a company.
22 Oct 2015, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 12:09 PMKyle

So can we actually agree that I never said I will quit this game a year ago and all I do was comparing how CS:GO DLC never affect the gameplay?

Blizzard actually does the same way as Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts: They DO release DLC but they are BIG EXPANSION that:

- Has Singleplay Campaign.
- Bring change to Multiplayer.

In a way, those Expansions are Stand-alone game like Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts! ( I know heart of the swarm required the base version of Starcraft 2 but hey, at least they listen to the fanbase and make the Legacy of the Void become a stand alone expansion yeah ?. They also have flaw but they listen to their fans and change )

When I said P2W you have to SEE when the new commanders got release: Most of them are very good and can be easily expoilt:

- Do you remember about the Tiger Ace commander?
- Remember how good Soviet Industry was?
- Ever feel the Ostruppen spam, capture every house?
- Do your men feel the power of Obersodation with their MG34 cut your Rifleman + Conscript in half?
- do your men turn into BBQ when those crocodile tanks coming in and burn everything and get away with the heavy armor ?
- Elite Rifleman doctrine that let you be able to get Vet rifleman right away when the game start?

After sometimes when the Dev can't milk those DLC anymore then they start to make adjustment to the game ( patch ) :).

You are 100% right. Relic choose the path of release DLC and after 2 years of keeping up with them, I have choose to delete the game even after spending so much money into it.

And delete Company of Heroes 2 was a tough choice because this is the only WW2 Strategy competitive game that I ever know but I rather delete it once and for all, never think about it again than tried to stick it to the end and always complaint about it.

Those 1.200$ could actually be the money I willing to spend on COH2 if they make good expansion like COH1 expansion but nah.

Yes industry and tiger ace were op. So? Shock rifle and CAS is OP now, and they are the strongest commanders, and YET they ARE FREE.

Ostruppen OP? WTF?
Croc is nerfed next patch.

At this point you just seem to be crying that you can't counter something and because its a paid commander you scream p2w.

Oh and btw, even were obersoldaten were considered to be overpowered ( of course they were) allies with guard motor or shock rifle (both free commanders) still had a better win-rate than OKW .
22 Oct 2015, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 12:12 PMBurts

By this logic coh 1 was also P2W because brits or PE just might be better than US or Wehr on some maps.

So your logic would be to make ost/sov better than USF/Brits/OKW at every single thing or COH 2 would be pay to win.

That or make USF AND OKW unable to play with SOV/OST. What terrible logic.

in coh1 Wehr and US where always better than the other factions on most maps. This is why you almost never saw the other factions in tourneys.

No, to my logic, relic had to sell the whole game in one single package, only making things for sale which are not affecting the players abilities in-game. It simply is the definition of p2w. I am not against p2w, I am against their policy to focus too much on new content rather than make this game great.

And yes, then the players would have to pay more for actually playing this game, this is a disadvantage.
22 Oct 2015, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 12:20 PMSchewi

in coh1 Wehr and US where always better than the other factions on most maps. This is why you almost never saw the other factions in tourneys.

No, to my logic, relic had to sell the whole game in one single package, only making things for sale which are not affecting the players abilities in-game. It simply is the definition of p2w.

And yes, then the players would have to pay more for actually playing this game, this is a disadvantage.

Ah, so you admit that you agree that USF and OKW should be UP compared to sov/ost. Too bad that relic wants to make all factions balanced. This doesn't happen in any game ever, by your standarts coh 1 was also ridiciluosly pay2win because PE/Brits were op when released.

Even expansion packs are pay2win? Come on, they have to make money somehow..

22 Oct 2015, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 12:15 PMKatitof

To be able to even compete on tournament level in any serious way, you'd have to know and play all armies anyway, so how is it relevant in any way?

Also, you have no slightest idea what P2W means until you play mobile multiplayer game or F2P mmo.

Competitive people always spend more money and time on their activities, it doesn't matter if its gaming(item shops, DLCs), sports(equipment of higher quality, proper clothing) or even friggin chess(guides, strategy books). It doesn't matter what you do, if you want to do it on competitive level, you WILL have to pay more.

If you're casual, you play with what you have and don't give a shit, so I don't really see your point.
Even oh so glorified SC2 shoves 40 europ expansion down your throat for a SINGLE new unit for armies, they don't give a shit you don't play sp campaigns, you're forced to buy it anyway if you want to stay competitive and up to date and they do it for well over 15 years now, since brood war.

P2w= paying for ingame Tools which are affecting gameplay. If the bought commander is op or not does not matter. You can get an advantage ingame with real life money =pay to win.
Dont take the Word 'win' to serious, it's a synonym for advantage.
(And yes im playing/played alot of P2w games)

Edit: only talking about commanders, faction Releases are expansions/addons
22 Oct 2015, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 12:17 PMBurts

Yes industry and tiger ace were op. So? Shock rifle and CAS is OP now, and they are the strongest commanders, and YET they ARE FREE.

Ostruppen OP? WTF?
Croc is nerfed next patch.

At this point you just seem to be crying that you can't counter something and because its a paid commander you scream p2w.

So from my point of view that you tried to ignore the point that I never said I will quit this game a year ago? Cool.

What am I saying is they are release small DLC that affect the gameplay heavily. If you pay 3 dollars for the Industry or Tiger at that time, you will have advantage compare to players don't have them.

Ostruppen at the time they were release was very cheap troops, let you take control of the map very easily and fast tech to tier 2. At least, that was what I abuse and win with a +17 streak when they first come out.

Croc is nerf next patch but then again, ARE they TOO GOOD atm? If you play Brit and have the Commander with the Airborne Officer, you can SPAWN crocodiles tank + commandos yes? Isn't that premium commander better then the default one with crocodiles?

To be honest, at this point you and me are not seeing from the same point of view:

- You are in a way trying to argue that COH2 is a competitive game and DLC doesn't affect gameplay much

- I'm in another way tired of all of these new Commanders are actually way better for sometimes and then getting nerf, bring the advantage to other players who own them for sometimes.

And to be honest, whatever :D. Ain't like I'm gonna stick to the game / this theard after tomorrow so you guys can have all the time to prove you were the right one.

Me? I'm just happy that I pay 15$ for CS:GO and actually have good time over there, not getting raged at all of these DLC thing
22 Oct 2015, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 12:22 PMBurts

Ah, so you admit that you agree that USF and OKW should be UP compared to sov/ost. Too bad that this doesn't happen in any game ever, by your standarts coh 1 was also ridiciluosly pay2win because PE/Brits were op when released.

You want to missunderstand me. I said the word "no" to your logic.
CoH1 is not p2w, cause when I bought it, I simply bought tales of valor and got everything coh offers for multiplayer.

No faction should be UP do the other one. They should be sold in one package.
22 Oct 2015, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 12:26 PMSchewi

You want to missunderstand me. I said the word "no" to your logic.
CoH1 is not p2w, cause when I bought it, I simply bought tales of valor and got everything coh offers for multiplayer.

No faction should be UP do the other one. They should be sold in one package.

Umm, vcoh and opposing fronts can also be bought seperately. And in one pack. Same thing with coh 2. Go select all commanders, add to cart, all expansions, add to cart, boom one package.

Sorry, but your definition of P2W seems to be completely off. P2W and a game sold in one package are not the same things at all. You seem to be arguing that games shouldn't have expansion packs, not about P2W.

What about that guy who bought only vcoh and doesnt have access to PE or Brits? Is coh 1 p2w for him?
22 Oct 2015, 12:29 PM

You guys should start playing the game.

Even if a few DLC commanders are/were slightly op that doesnt mean that you cant win witout them.If you are willing to learn how to improve you can beat any player with any commander,yeah it might be a bit harder but OP or unbeatable ? LOL

People complain about any unit if they dont know how to counter it in that moment and if its a DLC unit they instantly shout "P2W!!"

#Adapt
22 Oct 2015, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 12:15 PMKatitof

U seem to be thinking that I am against the p2w model. I am not. I stated what p2w in its purest form is, how it applies to coh2 and also its advantages.
22 Oct 2015, 12:30 PM

This thread has gone waaaaaaay off topic, and it's not all the OP's fault so sorry Kyle, but this is close to getting locked, it's just not constructive and is discussing pay to win in the most convoluted ways.

(If you feel this is unfair you can PM me to appeal, I'm more reasonable than you might think.
22 Oct 2015, 12:32 PM

You guys should start playing the game.

Even if a few DLC commanders are/were slightly op that doesnt mean that you cant win witout them.If you are willing to learn how to improve you can beat any player with any commander,yeah it might be a bit harder but OP or unbeatable ? LOL

People complain about any unit if they dont know how to counter it in that moment and if its a DLC unit they instantly shout "P2W!!"

#Adapt

WhY dont we stop balancing at all? For 95% of the player base the current state of balance will only slightly Decide the outcome of a game. Why does lelic put so much EffOrt into it when we juSt should #adapt?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
France 6
New Zealand 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak