Login

russian armor

USF is horribly designed

20 Oct 2015, 01:43 AM

I think that officers could be more unique, and T0 could have more variety in units somehow. (Like a jeep or light mortar or something.)

Other than those two things USF is actually really well designed
20 Oct 2015, 01:48 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think that officers could be more unique, and T0 could have more variety in units somehow. (Like a jeep or light mortar or something.)

Other than those two things USF is actually really well designed

Cap's interesting enough already, Major could be interesting if any of his munition abilities were actually anywhere near good :foreveralone:, LT is boredom though.
20 Oct 2015, 01:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 01:48 AMVuther

Cap's interesting enough already, Major could be interesting if any of his munition abilities were actually anywhere near good :foreveralone:, LT is boredom though.

I think LT is kind of a beefed up Rifle squad that adds early game pressure. Really though I just think his abilities should be more flavorful. (Maybe some kind of recon with binoculars, or calling in a mortar strike, or drawing enemy fire or something.
20 Oct 2015, 02:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think LT is kind of a beefed up Rifle squad that adds early game pressure. Really though I just think his abilities should be more flavorful. (Maybe some kind of recon with binoculars, or calling in a mortar strike, or drawing enemy fire or something.
Just one more thing would be fine by me.

Kinda wondered if some sort of sprint ability would be fitting for the LT to counteract the enemy's position, with his tier generally having a more mobile feel over the Captain.

In full - in my fevered dreams, he'd have "Flanking Maneuver", usable on himself or another infantry squad to improve their speed for a short time at the cost of increasing their received accuracy a lot while they're moving, preventing the squad from running around an open field to facehug their intended target but allowing squads to flank around. I really do mean "short time" to prevent the ability from working too good at chasing down retreating squads constantly.
20 Oct 2015, 03:02 AM

i always pick Lieutenant first than cpt, and M20 is my must have, M20 mine is awesome also it don't fear early Light armor like puma, the crew is a AT team already,also the new AAHT is light armor eater,also kills HMG teams well, enemy ATgun? what is your rifleman's smoke doing? extra firepower from LT is very good in early game.
20 Oct 2015, 03:20 AM

USF main design fault is that they dont have tier4 like other faction. The only unit that fit the role is Jackson, which somehow sit on major building with tier3 stats.
20 Oct 2015, 06:52 AM

USF main design fault is that they dont have tier4 like other faction. The only unit that fit the role is Jackson, which somehow sit on major building with tier3 stats.

I see Ost T4 as often as usf T4, never lol
20 Oct 2015, 07:23 AM

There is nothing wrong with USF. May I suggest you watch some replays by good players? You will see that most of them (barring sprice) don't blob, as blobbing is easily countered in the current metagame. LT is quite useful to pour on early aggression. The M20 has fallen out of favor, but the new 50-fu AAHT with 360 degree firing arc is amazing. You just have to make sure to go CPT or drop yourself an AT gun before you go for the major tier.

USF has very decent support weapons that do their role (with the exception of the AT gun, but thats why you have jacksons). Just because riflemen are your core doesn't mean you have to use nothing but them.

If you are bored with the commanders, I would urge you to try ones outside of your comfort zone. All of them besides recon (and to some extent mech) are well put together and have great synergies. Even mech works quite well if you just ignore the M3.

Thanks for your hints, I´m not the OP but I´m a nooob myself.....but I don´t get this sentece:

USF has very decent support weapons that do their role (with the exception of the AT gun, but thats why you have jacksons).

1. Which decent support weapons??? the pack howi??? because the others support weapons are not as good as the other factions....ATGun struggle to pen, as you confirmed, and then, the HMG with the reinforce costs and their crew dieing like flies, and of course, USF has no mortar soooo....what are those decent support weapons??

2. USF has Jackson because ATG is shit???? I don´t get this.....OH has PAKs (quite better atg than 57mm) and yet, they have STUG, a great TD, and on top of this Panther in T4 (Sure it is hard to get a panther out but yet)

sorry, just curiosity, as I´ve said, noob here so only here to learn....
20 Oct 2015, 07:37 AM

USF is unique in a sense of you must take the initiative, put pressure, being aggressive. You just can't sit around and wait for your next tier.

As a player, this means a good game mechanisms awareness and having a "more than average" micro skill.

It is what is really enjoyable with USF, there is no super OP unit that save your ass at 15 minutes mark. You can only win if you outplay your opponent.

going T0>T1>T2>T3 is something you really must learn, Lieutenant + Captain have a really good synergy (when they don't screw up themselves because of bugs). + When to buy your ambulance, when to unlock your racks and grenades.
20 Oct 2015, 07:45 AM

USF no non doc mine
M20 :foreveralone: (you miss best AT mine in the game )
20 Oct 2015, 11:03 AM

The M20 is a great unit. I love using USF light armor. Rifle early game power sometimes still impress me!

@ OP. You have to use your rifle smoke before your rifles get suppressed, that's how you are supposed to smoke up. That means you have to be fast :)

Only thing I miss, I used to be able to put a bar on my Captain @ a later stage of the game. I must have missed something because, that's not a possibility any more
20 Oct 2015, 11:55 AM

They are horribly designed but they are viable.

This
20 Oct 2015, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 07:37 AMEsxile
USF is unique in a sense of you must take the initiative, put pressure, being aggressive. You just can't sit around and wait for your next tier.

This is the statement about USF. If, for any reason, you stop doing pressure, you are using it wrong. USF must be really well microed, because there should be constant pressure and maneuvering. Don't lose men, use well your major and keep moving. It's almost a dance.
20 Oct 2015, 12:12 PM
Patrion 14

The tricky part of USF is the early game MG avoidance and micro. You just can't let the OST/OKW have a proficient use of their suppression platforms. Once those are off the field, everything else just falls into place.
20 Oct 2015, 12:20 PM

In current game state they are best faction in 1v1, in my opinion. And lol at "LT is bad", LT has a BAR and Thompson which both had nice buff last patch. LT easily beats Sturms in close range.
20 Oct 2015, 12:48 PM

In current game state they are best faction in 1v1, in my opinion. And lol at "LT is bad", LT has a BAR and Thompson which both had nice buff last patch. LT easily beats Sturms in close range.

Lieutenant isn't bad, he is bugged.

If you put the correct pressure with USF, you can build Lieutenant + captain + usual upgrade and not being late with your first medium. After, build a aath or a stuart should let you put more pressure and gain more territories and fuel, enough to compensate the fuel cost.

I think what of the most commun mistake players do with USF is winning the early stage and jumping into the conclusion they can skip tiers and upgrades and build a fast sherman. That's the wrong move since pak and raken are really good natural counters and you need to have your infantry really strong to take them out. So no skipping tiers and upgrades.
20 Oct 2015, 13:03 PM

Only problem with USF is .50 arrive way too late and it has horrible stat, I would prefer a Maxim over that POS everyday.
20 Oct 2015, 13:54 PM

USF is just a micro intensive faction. You have to play the game for a good amount of time to fully utilize this faction.
20 Oct 2015, 14:45 PM
Patrion 14

they are very limited in terms of deep strategic variety (please fix relic), but they are sill viable and fun for me.
20 Oct 2015, 17:02 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 07:23 AMFul4n0

Thanks for your hints, I´m not the OP but I´m a nooob myself.....but I don´t get this sentece:

USF has very decent support weapons that do their role (with the exception of the AT gun, but thats why you have jacksons).

1. Which decent support weapons??? the pack howi??? because the others support weapons are not as good as the other factions....ATGun struggle to pen, as you confirmed, and then, the HMG with the reinforce costs and their crew dieing like flies, and of course, USF has no mortar soooo....what are those decent support weapons??

2. USF has Jackson because ATG is shit???? I don´t get this.....OH has PAKs (quite better atg than 57mm) and yet, they have STUG, a great TD, and on top of this Panther in T4 (Sure it is hard to get a panther out but yet)

sorry, just curiosity, as I´ve said, noob here so only here to learn....

1) the us .50 is actually quite potent. I usually let mine get decrewed so I can recrew it with rear echelon, which fixes the recrew costs. If you went airborne, you can use pathfinder for extra vision.

2) Yeah, sorry, I should have worded it better. USF doesn't get the jackson as compensation for the at gun. The jackson is just what you have to use. I personally also find the usf at gun useful as well, but you need lots of munitions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★