Login

russian armor

Katysha opinion (Buff,nerfs,changes)

19 Oct 2015, 19:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Need this girl changes or not ? coz now its look not good IMO.
Imo for me now katysha dont do what this unit must do, dont break the line (pac wall, camping), can not wipe (if its not luck), only (can retreut unit).
I dont whant old katusha who can from 2 barrage destroy truck :D.
19 Oct 2015, 20:00 PM
Donator 33

Well current issue is, Pwerfer kills AT guns and pack howie in one blanket of rockets that arrive simultaneously. The katty offers you plenty of time to retreat, and only in pairs even threatens at more than point blank ranges now. If the katty is going to stay on the higer spread and lower damage profile the gap between rockets coming off the rails should perhaps be tweaked. The unit seems in a bad place right now, having traded spots with he werfer.
19 Oct 2015, 20:08 PM

Well compared to the panzer werfer and stuka its pretty meh
19 Oct 2015, 20:13 PM

Permanently Banned
The should probably looking at the barrage interval.
19 Oct 2015, 21:03 PM

Decrease rocket damage and add 2 additional rockets to each salvo.
19 Oct 2015, 21:20 PM

They are very hard to gauge, Sometimes they will only take out 1 or two models from a squad that sits under their full volley of rockets. I also see alot of players getting single digit kills with them after many minutes on the field.

However in using them myself i have had mild success particularly when driving YOLO into point blank barrage range.

I think they could use an improvement though, single digit kills is pretty awful for a 380 manpower artillery unit.

I would suggest the later rockets doing more damage. in this way they cannot instagib squads but they will be more punishing to players who move their units slowly or try to tank the volley.

Edit: I think that mild sucess was more a one time thing, been using them more and still struggling to get more than 1-2 kills per volley
19 Oct 2015, 21:36 PM

It should be like this:

19 Oct 2015, 22:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Was it ninja nerfed ? Or the problem is the timing of arrival ?
19 Oct 2015, 22:55 PM

I believe the splash radius of its rockets were decreased, making it very underwhelming indeed. The ebb and flow of lelic balance.
19 Oct 2015, 23:45 PM

leave the katy as it is

its fine
20 Oct 2015, 00:07 AM
20 Oct 2015, 01:44 AM

People have always been on and on about how great the Katyusha is, and I've never understood why (besides that short period when Relic made it OP). I think the only reason was how bad the panzerwerfer was in comparison, but now that it isn't total trash, suddenly people think the Katyusha is bad. Mmkay.

I've never liked that it fires its rockets in bursts. As far as I know, they never did that in real life. They should fire their full salvo at once, and the splash radius should be increased slightly.

And this goes for both the panzerwerfer and the katyusha, but they need slightly more durability. I hate that it takes several shots from an AT gun to kill a fucking kubel, but one shot from anything can kill 85 fuel investments that come in the last tier.
20 Oct 2015, 04:19 AM

Katyusha the interval between each wave of rockets is shorter could be nice.

btw i felt when katyusha is closer to the target area the faster it fires between waves of rockets is that true? i always felt that way.
20 Oct 2015, 06:22 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They should add suppression to it like the panzerwerfer.
20 Oct 2015, 06:41 AM

Its in a bad position now. Easy to dodge for inf, it doesn't kill support guns, and his vet1 ability is not worth. You have to make 2 kat to be paired with 1 pwerfer, penalizing your pop and investing 170 fuel.
I hope relic balancers can fix it a bit
20 Oct 2015, 07:07 AM

Katyusha is not in a "bad position". You only feel it like this because PZwerfer got buffed but, in fact, Ktyusha is as deadly as it allways have been.
20 Oct 2015, 07:12 AM

Katysha is worst now:guyokay:

Germns outperform

P.S. I was wrong Sexton even worse:guyokay:
20 Oct 2015, 07:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 07:07 AMJohnnyB
Katyusha is not in a "bad position". You only feel it like this because PZwerfer got buffed but, in fact, Ktyusha is as deadly as it allways have been.

Please show me replays in where Kat do his job.
We were training in our clan [BPX] laboratory , doing high level custom games developing for new strategies and the most favoured case for arty (axis deffensive, medic ht ,2 leig close + pak + mg + mortar) with a Kat at medium distance, it was like tickling them. No manpower drain. And if the terrain have craters it's worse. Only 2 kats were useful shooting at the same time, but thats too much fuel and it made the enemy strong if they make a push with a fast tank or even fallshirmjager.
2v2 allies nowadays are USF + Brit.
20 Oct 2015, 07:52 AM

Your laboratory test results showed that allied units need buffs these days? Wow. That's a little weird point of view, but, anyway....
20 Oct 2015, 08:05 AM

Not allied units. I'm talking on Soviet Kat.
We agree that Pack howi,leig,croc,centaur need a nerf, we also think Typhoon need a nerf.
We participated in the 2v2 tourney in where we only lost 1 game as axis,playing against good players like sturmtigers and nosliw (old reborn guy) with USF/Brit centaur croc typhoon and that stuff.
Our testing custom games purpose is to find a strategy and #Adapt to the current meta of the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★