Login

russian armor

OH recent buffs. Justification?

21 Oct 2015, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 23:30 PMaaa
Right now if I get a player who know how to abuse OH strenghts I would never win.
+10 1v1 streak i have now mainly cuz most of them were surprisingly bad or not abusing OP features.

Ha ha ha that statement made me laugh.

You have a 10+ game winning streak and your advocating that its because all 10 of your opponents "were just bad". So nerf the Germans because they are overperforming?

Give me a fucking break, I didn't think your position was completely ridiculous until I read that statement and looked at your myopic viewpoint of the game that comes from playing only Soviets.
21 Oct 2015, 07:52 AM

All these people saying OH has advantage plz reveal how to make ur infnatry survive lategame infantry vs rifles and IS,its ridiculously one sided.
21 Oct 2015, 07:57 AM

the fun thing about this guy is the fact that he played 1000+ games as soviet. In contrast to 20 axis games.

He is perfect Ying to johnybs* Yang :foreveralone:
They are made for each other, being perfect opposites :romeoPro:

*this is after a healthy assumption that he plays the game as so far there is more evidence of life on Mars then him even having the game.

@ostherlitz
Its very simple, don't stand in red cover, use MG42.
One would think that after 18 months some people would notice that grenspam alone isn't valid BO.
21 Oct 2015, 09:05 AM

All these people saying OH has advantage plz reveal how to make ur infnatry survive lategame infantry vs rifles and IS,its ridiculously one sided.

Revealing what? Something you'll directly and blindly deny for the sake of your ridiculous self satisfaction that you are playing a weak faction and that is the only reason you are losing?

You.are.bad. deal with it and progress.
21 Oct 2015, 09:15 AM

Oioi less of the language, the thread is about Ostheer buffs not lategame Ostheer infantry underperforming.
21 Oct 2015, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 09:15 AMSwift
Oioi less of the language, the thread is about Ostheer buffs not lategame Ostheer infantry underperforming.

Wehrmacht faction has 3 main issues.Anyone who plays the faction will recognize these and agree with me.I don't know about allied fanboys.
1.Lategame infantry completely and utterly outclassed by ukf and usf.Any half decent player who plays both sides can see this.Grens and pzgrens fall like flies and mg42 can't hold back the horde anymore lategame like in earlygame.

2.Lack of viable light vehicle play.Forced to play reacting game.

3.Overpriced and Ineffective medium tank in panzer 4.Its overpriced and alos has no real defined role,is a joke by allied medium cal--ins who are almost same price and is cost -ineffective vs allied stock mediums .T4 is overpriced still.(it wouldn't be if u could skip t3,but meta prevents it).So basically ur stuck to reacting whole game and building stugs.
21 Oct 2015, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 09:32 AMKatitof

What is your 1v1 ostheer rank?
Mine is 242.
And I rarely play 1v1.

You're a scrub who can't play the game and the beloved faction you're married to, just like aaa fails with soviets because of L2P reasons, you do so with ost, there isn't anything more to it.
OCF have proven in multiple games that ost is more then capable if you don't play like a potato.
Watch some reps and casts from it and noob-off.

Ye the ocf really Showed the game is balanced. Soviets 80% winrate anyone? (In B4 hurr durr small Sample size, Show me another competetive game with such winrates in higher stages of a tourney :))
21 Oct 2015, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 22:51 PMKeaper!

I very much disagree with this notion. Again, please take the time to see some casts/replays of ocf and ssc4 and you will see some textbook play on how to handle m20s and t70s. In Relic's mind different factions should be strong a different points in the game, and so long as that is true early vehicles need to have a window to inflict damage before hard counter arrive. I'd also suggest trying to go against OH as USF without m20/stuart/aaht or as SU without quad/m3/t70 and see how that works out for ya.

Mate i dont need to be told how to deal with the early lv's. And its not that i mind that the allies have an advantage midgame but now midgame the allies have to great an advantage. any mistake the ostheer player makes at that point is usually fatal.

And the last statement is pure rubbish because a few months ago the SU played exclusively in callin meta and they didnt need any vehicle.
21 Oct 2015, 15:54 PM

Katitof....argh. Please.
aaa
21 Oct 2015, 17:26 PM

dont know about ukf but vs late usf OH has sniper first of all but also
1. tank advatage
2. ATG advantage
3. mg advantage,
4. area denial with mines, that often wipe squad. Well placed mines are impossible to sweep with engineer only with inderect fire (which I often dont have)
5. 240mp lmg grens

I think its the same case if oh player know what to do he wont lose to USF too esp in late.
21 Oct 2015, 18:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

@austerlitz If you have a problem while playing OH, upload a replay.

Ye the ocf really Showed the game is balanced. Soviets 80% winrate anyone? (In B4 hurr durr small Sample size, Show me another competetive game with such winrates in higher stages of a tourney :))

IIRC that was on R6 on Angoville. What about the W/L for the finals brackets?

Not everything is brighter on the other side.
CS GO: same reason that we play with both factions, maps and modes are assymetric. I do not follow the scene, but i've seen enough matches to know that there are more oriented CT/T maps.

Dota/LoL: do not follow this games but i'm sure there are hot picks and bans due to "OP" combinations. I play HoTS and there are heroes who have 50% of ban rate and have +80% contested

Starcraft2: from what i remember, there was dominance of Terran early on > Zerg 2012 > Terran > Protoss nowadays

Fighting games: not following any but sure enough that from a roster, only 10-20% of characters are used.

21 Oct 2015, 20:36 PM

Angoville, arnhem, semoski Winter but I guess just Bad luck that they were all ally sided. (Keep in mind many ally Tools were Banned like units and commanders!)
http://www.coh2.org/topic/41431/ocf-statistics

I would like to go in Detail but everytime something is off balance in these games you compared on a high skill level (aka tourney or leagues) it gets adjusted and fixed,thus Proving my point.

Maybe im overseeing some Data Relation or so but I fail to see it
21 Oct 2015, 20:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not everything is brighter on the other side.
CS GO: same reason that we play with both factions, maps and modes are assymetric. I do not follow the scene, but i've seen enough matches to know that there are more oriented CT/T maps.

Dota/LoL: do not follow this games but i'm sure there are hot picks and bans due to "OP" combinations. I play HoTS and there are heroes who have 50% of ban rate and have +80% contested

Starcraft2: from what i remember, there was dominance of Terran early on > Zerg 2012 > Terran > Protoss nowadays

Fighting games: not following any but sure enough that from a roster, only 10-20% of characters are used.

TL;DR, Everyone be like "How do I balance"
21 Oct 2015, 22:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Angoville, arnhem, semoski Winter but I guess just Bad luck that they were all ally sided. (Keep in mind many ally Tools were Banned like units and commanders!)
http://www.coh2.org/topic/41431/ocf-statistics

I would like to go in Detail but everytime something is off balance in these games you compared on a high skill level (aka tourney or leagues) it gets adjusted and fixed,thus Proving my point.

Maybe im overseeing some Data Relation or so but I fail to see it

If your point is there is a slight allied advantage i'll agree. If you think the difference is an 80%, i won't. I'll say the gap is around 5%, as shown on coh2charts.
The difference between allied factions and Axis on automatch, is that i can close a game on <10min as allies by going M5, T70, M20, Stuart or Centaur. The only match up i used to end quickly was with OH vs UKF on release.

Regarding OCF, there was almost no high skill level match ups till R5-R6 and by that point almost all agree that fatigue was an issue. I would put more emphasis on knowing the stats for the 2nd week where all players were prepared.
Still you realize that we have such a small sample with several factors in it that drawing a cause is not possible? I'll say theres a small edge overall in favor of allies, but it's not 80%.
aaa
21 Oct 2015, 23:00 PM

The difference between allied factions and Axis on automatch, is that i can close a game on <10min as allies by going M5, T70, M20, Stuart or Centaur. The only match up i used to end quickly was with OH vs UKF on release.

i disagree with that
1. OH can close game wiping 2 squads with rifle nades early on. Or killing sniper with lmg gren ambush.
2.They can close game by spamming T1 while you transition to t70 which is costly. Due to their advantage in number of squads in this case.
3. 222 - 251 mix come a lot earlier that t70 and are devastating in their respective situations.
4. m5 and t70 are absolutely counterable any of puma, ATG, stuge hard counter it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★