Login

russian armor

Why is Air Superiority "OP" ?

12 Oct 2015, 13:41 PM

One shotting OKW trucks with no chance of counter play is simply against core game mechanics since the game resolves around counter play.

Stuka bomber? Wipes units with no counter play.
12 Oct 2015, 14:59 PM

Stuka bomber? Wipes units with no counter play.
12 Oct 2015, 15:32 PM

They are nerfing AS when that Concentrated Barrage isn't being touched. A truck can technically survive AS, but Concentrated Barrage is a 100% kill chance, and comes with a crocodile, and is 75 munitions cheaper. :luvDerp:

this is relic, look at how long it took them to balance rifle company or scavange.

If it's OP and in a DLC commander you can forget about balance.
12 Oct 2015, 16:14 PM
Patrion 14

You can't call it in upon the base, but you can certainly let 80% of the bombs hit the base, which will annihilate any OKW truck.

Lol. That must be on oddly shaped base sector then. If it has a straight border then you can only get 50% of the bombs to land there, not all of which will be able to hit an OKW truck. Just don't build buildings near the border of the base sector.

Stop your rants about my 'rants'.

This was my first and only one, so plural is a bit weird here.
12 Oct 2015, 16:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 11:41 AMMuxsus
Air superiority OBVIOUSLY shouldn't wipe full hp okw trucks, that's just bad for design, BUT it should actually wipe medium tanks, troops and static defenses, unlike the preview version, which has a chance to wipe tanks and infantry. It's a big chance, but it still isn't certain. I think everybody had this game on Crossing (well, pretty much every game on Crossing) where double OKW just turtle 2 VPs behind 2 flaktrucks protected by a shitton of ISGs, puppchens and panthers, killing all attempts at breakthroughs, indirect fire or combined arms. Air Superiority is the British way of breaking that stalemate, and the schwerers will most likely be destroyed in the following assault. There's the subtle difference between simply wiping full hp trucks or scaring off/killing their defences to assault them with troops, and right now, Air Superiority does neither.

If you have damaged engine heavy tanks in the area, this ability will probably wipe them out...
12 Oct 2015, 17:23 PM

It takes 600+ munitions for every other faction accomplish what Air Superiority does. The Brits shouldn't be some magical exception were they get the best of everything for twice as cheap. Also nice troll thread OP.
12 Oct 2015, 17:37 PM

It takes 600+ munitions for every other faction accomplish what Air Superiority does. The Brits shouldn't be some magical exception were they get the best of everything for twice as cheap. Also nice troll thread OP.

Let's not forget that brits have weaker and less artillery options than USF. So, what does accomplish Air Superiority? Apart from a massive retreat and possibly a lost HQ. Btw, nice troll post.
12 Oct 2015, 17:58 PM

Let's not forget that brits have weaker and less artillery options than USF. So, what does accomplish Air Superiority? Apart from a massive retreat and possibly a lost HQ. Btw, nice troll post.

Than buff Brits artillery options. Doesn't excuse this blatantly broken and OP ability.
12 Oct 2015, 18:15 PM

It is not broken, and it is not OP. You just want to camp all day, erry day, with your Flak and Med HQ protecting your OP le.IG's.

Stop doing this BS, then the Brit player will find other uses for his 325 muni's.
12 Oct 2015, 18:22 PM

It is not broken, and it is not OP. You just want to camp all day, erry day, with your Flak and Med HQ protecting your OP le.IG's.

Stop doing this BS, then the Brit player will find other uses for his 325 muni's.

Pretty much that's why OKW only players complain about this.
12 Oct 2015, 18:28 PM
Patrion 14

i used it about half a dozen times in close vicinity of ful health okw bases and i never wiped the bases.

does things change if i click right on the okw base?
12 Oct 2015, 18:33 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 18:28 PMpigsoup
i used it about half a dozen times in close vicinity of ful health okw bases and i never wiped the bases.

does things change if i click right on the okw base?

Quite a few bombs are dropped in a straight line at the center of where you click. To reliably kill a base truck you need to click pretty much on it.
12 Oct 2015, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 08:11 AMSwonVIP

If you build a mortor or an howi your enemy has the chance to counter it before his buildings are getting destroyed... you simply cant counter the Air Superiority ability. Would it be just one plane which is really fragile to AA or if there would be some kind of counter ability it would be fine.
But for now it is a "click to win" button.
That goes without saying the ability is very expensive but there shouldnt be so expensive OP abilities ingame. 1000ammo for a "win the game nuke"

Good points. I don't like any factions built up artillery/ATG/emplacement/truck wiped out by a one click air strike unless the defending player has some opportunity for counter play such as shooting planes down which isn't possible with most air strikes. Take them down 75% or so sure but at least that way it is required to bring some additional forces to finish off a full health ATG/field Arty/truck etc.
12 Oct 2015, 19:48 PM

We can make the same argument where all skill plane bombers can wipe out multiple squads and tanks. Also, make the same argument about two big rings in the MAP, bright flares and 10 planes coming from the edge of the map can be dodged just like the skill plane bombers.
12 Oct 2015, 20:19 PM

Bomber Harris do it again
12 Oct 2015, 21:09 PM

We can make the same argument where all skill plane bombers can wipe out multiple squads and tanks. Also, make the same argument about two big rings in the MAP, bright flares and 10 planes coming from the edge of the map can be dodged just like the skill plane bombers.

No because all tanks and infantry and mobile ATG have movement. The units I mentioned don't. If you don't move infantry or tanks out of the way that's your problem but the idea that a 600 MP unit can be destroyed by a strike just by itself is dumb. At least make it decrew weapon and damage half of gun so player loses his veterancy and has to recrew but a complete wipe with no counter is dumb. In vCOH there was only one commander on one faction with a recon run so you could argue that if you want to avoid getting off map on your built up artillery or ATG you should build it in a conservative location but recon runs are so common now that it's very simple especially in team games to recon a spot and drop artillery with no counter available which is terrible gameplay.
12 Oct 2015, 22:09 PM

+1
12 Oct 2015, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned

I sense much frustration in you.
12 Oct 2015, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 12:42 PMrush

If everyone were to test all abilities this way the game would be at such a better place , that's a great attitude XD.
But then again no ability should be able to wipe OKW trucks so easily and i think the reason ppl complain about it is the "skill" part, it requires basically no skill to execute while ur opponent has to move his entire defensive line within seconds

We, including myself, were testing that ability in the UKF - ALPHA. All I remember is that everyone said it is OP!

Also to change it a bit I recommended that you need line of sight to use it and not just click in the FoW.

But Relic didnt change anything, pls ask Kyle_RE why...

12 Oct 2015, 23:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol camping with Flak HQ and med truck. Yeah you stupid noob, Put all your trucks in base that way okw doesn't have any field presence you stupid camper.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★