Login

russian armor

(Balance preview) Commando glider overpriced

10 Oct 2015, 17:26 PM

Now that commandos actually perform for their cost (350), the glider insertion in commando regiment (only way to get them in the doctrine) is obviously too expensive for what it does. Let's compare it with its closest counterpart, Falls building deployment:
Glider:
+Anywhere on the map
+Reinforce if in friendly terrirory (kinda misses the whole point, since you'll probably be inserting in enemy territory)
Falls:
+Instant deployment, much more surprising opposed to glider loitering around for 20 seconds
+Significantly cheaper (60 mp as opposed to 150 mp)

I think the unlikely scenario where you'll be able to save the glider and take the territory is not really worth 150 manpower. I'd like to see the ability's cost reduced to 420-450 mp.
10 Oct 2015, 18:50 PM
Patrion 14

Ost forward HQ is 150mp plus 60mun.
10 Oct 2015, 19:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You are mostly using it as a reinforce bunker, not behind enemy lines.
10 Oct 2015, 19:15 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 17:26 PMMuxsus
Now that commandos actually perform for their cost (350), the glider insertion in commando regiment (only way to get them in the doctrine) is obviously too expensive for what it does. Let's compare it with its closest counterpart, Falls building deployment:
Glider:
+Anywhere on the map
+Reinforce if in friendly terrirory (kinda misses the whole point, since you'll probably be inserting in enemy territory)
Falls:
+Instant deployment, much more surprising opposed to glider loitering around for 20 seconds
+Significantly cheaper (60 mp as opposed to 150 mp)

I think the unlikely scenario where you'll be able to save the glider and take the territory is not really worth 150 manpower. I'd like to see the ability's cost reduced to 420-450 mp.

With the much needed Commando DPS nerf, the glider can indeed go down in price. The call-in could probably be around the low 400 mark, especially given how easy it is to wreck the glider itself once it arrives.
10 Oct 2015, 19:27 PM

The invisible, invincible predator is dead. Long live the predator
10 Oct 2015, 19:44 PM

They could also allow you to build more Commandos from it, or raise the price and make it come with 2 Commandos or Commandos + Airlanding Officer. As it is though it's pretty expensive, and I still don't like how bloody huge Relic decided to make it. Not only is landing hard but it also spews out a hundred gibs when it dies. So many gibs that it breaks the physics engine and every prop on the map starts sliding around.
10 Oct 2015, 19:48 PM

425-450 should be fine.
10 Oct 2015, 20:03 PM

Oh poor commandos no longer over preforme like hell :o OVERPRICED :hansWUT:
10 Oct 2015, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 18:50 PMSikko
Ost forward HQ is 150mp plus 60mun.

That is related to anything how?
10 Oct 2015, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 20:09 PMKatitof
That is related to anything how?

Because the Glider costs 150MP and Reinforces troops, which is similar to the Ost Bunker.
10 Oct 2015, 20:25 PM

Because the Glider costs 150MP and Reinforces troops, which is similar to the Ost Bunker.

Well, it'll be relevant when that bunker will be doctrinal, will have a unit you want spawn together with it and will loiter over battlefield for 10 seconds before being deployed without being able to be repaired.

Until then, its apples vs airplanes.
10 Oct 2015, 20:28 PM

If the glider could be hidden behind shotblockers and repaired then sure.

it's just too big and fragile to be used tactically like a med truck or bunker.
10 Oct 2015, 22:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 20:28 PMRollo

If the glider could be hidden behind shotblockers and repaired then sure.

it's just too big and fragile to be used tactically like a med truck or bunker.

you can't repair the glider either, and on most map it's impossible to land the thing without losing a wing.
11 Oct 2015, 05:31 AM

Oh poor commandos no longer over preforme like hell :o OVERPRICED :hansWUT:

It's not about commandos (they are fine at 350 MP), it's about the underperforming glider.

You are mostly using it as a reinforce bunker, not behind enemy lines.

Then the whole point of a glider insertion is gone. It's meant to land behind the enemy lines, and if I want a renforce point, I'd just use the vanguard glider instead.
11 Oct 2015, 09:13 AM

The price would be fine if you could repair it. Since it's not the case the price for the glider needs to be a bit lower. However since you still can reinforce from the glider the deployment costs should be significant higher than the deployment costs for Fallschirmjäger and Paratroopers.
11 Oct 2015, 11:13 AM

We can agree that Commandos are indeed overpriced now but I'd rather see them get different changes then decrease their price. We can agree they WERE vicious as soon as they hit the battlefield. And the nerf helps reduce that issue.

However, I think this is a prime opportunity to push for veterancy enhancements to Commandos. Their veterancy could allow us to have strong Commandos again as a reward for good use instead of kicking ass from the start. Their veterancy sucks for now because they were strong to begin with but now that it's no longer the case... We really need to push for this as it's the best way to balance them, in my opinion.
11 Oct 2015, 13:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Being able to repair the glider and make more commandos would be nice, a cost reduction would also be nice though. I'd be happy with either change, but commandos are probably still going to be perfectly viable regardless.
11 Oct 2015, 13:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 13:16 PMRomeo
Being able to repair the glider and make more commandos would be nice, a cost reduction would also be nice though. I'd be happy with either change, but commandos are probably still going to be perfectly viable regardless.

Exactly, reinforcement point that can't be repaired is useless, especially as it pretty much never lands intact. Price reduction is also needed as unlike any other reinforcement building it can be destroyed by AA during deployment and you loose all the manpower spend on glider itself. And lastly if you actually manage to keep it alive both during deployment and then on the battlefield you should be rawarded with ability to build commando units. Not to make it any OP I suggest making their build time quite long so that axis have time to destroy it before second squad arrives.
11 Oct 2015, 18:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Things like FHQs and gliders should repairable to atleast half health imo.
11 Oct 2015, 18:55 PM

reinforcement is just a small bonus for the commando glider. the british can just build a forward assembly if they want a forward reinforcement/retreat point. They don't need to spend 150 extra on a 350 mp unit.

Just make the call in 400-425.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS