Login

russian armor

October Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
12 Oct 2015, 00:20 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 22:34 PMKatitof

I'd rather see its rear armor being vulnerable then front one being stripped to medium tank level.
This thing was more durable then Tiger I and right not its a slower, stock KV-1.

The only unit that would benefit would be the Panzer IV and Pumas as the rear is 180 so any real AT will still penetrate if the Churchill decides to face its rear towards the enemy. Even Shreks will go through the majority of the time when firing at max range(160 pen).

Even then and now flanking makes no difference towards engaging a Churchill aside from blocking due to its enormous health pool which is its greatest strength whereas a KV-1 relies far more on armour due to its 800 hp where if it is flanked, it'll die much faster. It only takes 1 more shot to kill over a medium tank unlike the Churchill.

If it really needs the armour, as I said, make it around the 240-260 mark.

12 Oct 2015, 01:12 AM

Still I do not think the 15% more range mad the ISG broken, but more the insta pinning.

Just the insta pin or insta pin plus the incredible accuracy? It often snipes UKF snipers.

I tested the pak howie in a comp stomp. I'd be surprised if anyone complains that it is OP after the nerf. The AOE is almost 60% smaller than it was, and it doesn't have the sniper like accuracy that the ISG does. Combine that with the rof nerfs and the new one will have about 25% of the combat capability of the old pak howie. I didn't like having games devolve into arty-fests but going nuclear on the USF's only non-doctrinal indirect fire is going overboard.

12 Oct 2015, 01:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 01:12 AMGrumpy

Just the insta pin or insta pin plus the incredible accuracy? It often snipes UKF snipers.

I tested the pak howie in a comp stomp. I'd be surprised if anyone complains that it is OP after the nerf. The AOE is almost 60% smaller than it was, and it doesn't have the sniper like accuracy that the ISG does. Combine that with the rof nerfs and the new one will have about 25% of the combat capability of the old pak howie. I didn't like having games devolve into arty-fests but going nuclear on the USF's only non-doctrinal indirect fire is going overboard.

i just had a game, felts the pack howie is fine in performance comparison with ISG, the only problem is the price, if those two are same price i think it will be fine. (also make it 4 man and decrew with 1 man, right now decrew with 2 men is just useless and cost more MP bleed to USF only)

ISG and pack howie needs more nerf, i think the pin should reduce another 50% but increase the pin area to compensate, and lower its accuracy by another 10%~25% to infantry but accuracy for buildings stays same. it is support weapon not sniper with everyshot is german's sniper's explosive shot.
12 Oct 2015, 05:11 AM

That KV-8 Nerf is freaking huge. It's not as strong as a croc, still very expensive...is it even worth it to build now?
12 Oct 2015, 05:23 AM

Still I do not think the 15% more range mad the ISG broken, but more the insta pinning.

brits emplacement range is the same as ISG vet0, n with Vet brits emplacement with Vet still = to ISG vet 1 i think..
correct me if im wrong cause my ISG keep get smack by Brits emplacement,forcing me to rush with my volk burn them

again correct me if im wrong about the brits emplacement range
12 Oct 2015, 06:00 AM

That KV-8 Nerf is freaking huge. It's not as strong as a croc, still very expensive...is it even worth it to build now?

The KV-8 was a kick in the face to every player. Had games where I took out every single infantry
Squad out without any problem. No real moment to hit the retreat button.
12 Oct 2015, 06:02 AM

the new churchill is like a weird compromise in trying to make Churchill a "decent" meatshield against both panzer 4 and the elefant.

It's trying to give the churchill enough hp to tank the ultra penetration weapon but with low armor to keep it vulnerable against panzer4 and stug.
12 Oct 2015, 06:34 AM
Senior Caster Badge

All in All it reads like brits early games gets improved and late game a bit nerfed, while commandoes get wiped out. Air Superiority might should get the circle on minimap removed now since then it is too easy to detect. If the Infantry support guns got their slight nerf which is okay. OKW will have a real hard time now against brits early game. Flame vehicle nerf seems for me as the right thing.
12 Oct 2015, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 04:38 AMpugzii
Lmao I have been playing the patch all day vs good players. Commandos are now pointless for their cost, same for churchhill, but the tommy buff is incredible. Just blob tommies into cromwell/comet spam and its unbeatable... they reinforce cheaper than grens and fucking slaughter everything its funny as fuck. GG Lelic.

Can't say I didn't see that comming. Put also a sniper behind that wall of tommies. It will be even more fun. Indeed, GG Lelic.
12 Oct 2015, 10:43 AM

I think it is very unfair setting Churchill armor from 280 to 200!

Ok let me explain you a little bit;

what anvil really offers; airburst (arty got nerfed btw), heavy engineering package (that's great), and churchill!! what churchil is really useful for atm?! it is a support for infantry. Churchill is a tank that's is extremely slow
And let me tell u the most important part;
With the axis having access to heavy tanks including JT, Elefant, Tiger, KT, choosing to build Churchil against such tanks means losing the game cause there is no chance u can flank those heavies with the Churchil, and when u have churchill u don't have Comet. Thanks to the low speed and extremely bad rof of the FireFly which doesn't let you to use it as something like Jakcson. I'm sure everyone who actually plays this game in automatch knows that, with ISGs on the field the 6 pdr AT guns are extremely hard to keep'em alive (even in the new patch), and your Churchil will soon have to face the axis heavies without AT support, that means they're gonna die quick cause they are not fast enough (like Comet) to move away from the firing range.

As Soviet you have access to stuff like t34/85, IS2 etc, as USF u can get Ez8, jackson (still very hard to use such to kill JT/Elefant), but as UKF ur unit for such flanking play is Comet.

So, now what is the point of getting Churchill for 200 armor?!! a P4 with 1400 hp some people say?!! not really cause p4 is actually a very good unit with its high speed, but it takes ages to try moving Churchill from one point to another.

If you leave the Churchill armor as it is, you will see there won't be much point in picking that anvil at all.

280 to 200 is a extremely bad idea, imo.
12 Oct 2015, 10:56 AM
Patrion 14

The fact that people seem to be generally OK with the Churchill nerfs is very alarming and disturbing. The number of people saying "great patch" is really, really concerning. I know OCF showed a lot of... questionable things, but seriously?

I need to try the patch, but the Centaur is now useless against buildings and too slow to catch/kill squads. I'd like to have seen it gain more mobility in a trade-off for it to punish inattentive attack move players and reward AT gun flanking (which it's currently terrible at).

Churchill is now a joke. No reason at all to go Anvil, it makes the Comet tank a no-brainer choice, or even cromwells which have flanking potential especially with emergency war speed (a superior ability in Hammer tree). If anything, it should of had a fuel cost increase. Late game team games or even regular games, it's just a massive waste vs Axis armour.

Commando's doctrine massively overnerfed. Commando's are expensive (they ARE 500MP for a squad - the return is only for a second squad, and if you have more than 1 your likely lacking AT) and air superiority is a massive munitions sink that is slow and static (even has a giant GTFO symbol on the map for crying out loud). Royal Engineers will be the defacto go to for command tank to buff fireflys to usable levels. I agree that they were overperforming, but I felt they were in a really good place and reward skilled play like Aimstrong's in OCF.

It doesn't take a genius to see that British early game is going to be deadly now (IS costs to screen for sniper, WASP as a good alternative) while late game is going to be pure Hammer with command tank buffs/AVRE (probably not worth the cost, will be destroyed before it fires it's so slow and static) to counter Axis armour or AT.

The lack of emplacement changes or other doctrine buffs is a huge slap in the face to British players. Artillery doctrine needs some buffs desperately, and it's synergy with Anvil has been crippled now with the churchill nerfs (airburst was so good with it). Royal engineers play will still be hampered by lack of decent skills outside of command tank.

And yeah, that's theory-craft backed up by my feelings of the current patch. But I'm pretty confident in those calls. Axis players still struggle to counter heavy armour - they just aren't familiar with it and want their Pz4's/StuG's to counter end-game units without teching...
12 Oct 2015, 13:07 PM
Patrion 14

Can the AVRE churchill not be nerfed along with all the other churchills? It needs that armor since it can't pop grenades and needs a good five seconds before it shoots and fires the pertard which is quite easy to dodge as well by the way.

It's not like it has sturm tiger range and can fire out of the fog of war. It always needs to be in front of the paks/machineguns to do the work and it won't be able to do that if its gimped hard in the armor department.
12 Oct 2015, 13:43 PM

Ha-ha, time to react... Say it to GrW34 killing Maxim with 2 shots while it starts to pack for retreating right after first one.
Ha-ha, dodge bombs... So now IL-2-200-muni-strike sucks even more?
12 Oct 2015, 13:43 PM
Donator 11

I love how month ago on a stream they answered to me that 15% is perfectly fine and now they nerf it.

Would you rather they just stuck by their guns and refused to change it no matter what? :luvDerp:
12 Oct 2015, 13:51 PM

Why was Churchill double nerfed? Decrease the armor would've sufficed.
12 Oct 2015, 13:55 PM

Would you rather they just stuck by their guns and refused to change it no matter what? :luvDerp:

No, I'd rather want them to analyze and think before making changes, instead of making testers from us.

Just look behind. How many times they overbuffed something just to turn it back in next patch?
12 Oct 2015, 13:58 PM

No, I'd rather want them to analyze and think before making changes, instead of making testers from us.

Just look behind. How many times they overbuffed something just to turn it back in next patch?

That is actually a good thing as long as they actually listen to feedback and evaluate the changes.
Remember WASP? This is about the only unit they have truly listened to feedback, yet still went YOLO overnerf out of the game-at least it didn't took them 6 months to realize that this time.
12 Oct 2015, 14:38 PM

Test Centuar in the new patch mode preview vs units in garrison. it barely does any damage to them at all!!

A nerf would have been fine but not to make it useless against garrison!

try Centuar with rear armor to mg42 AP rounds in building. it takes centuar to half HP!!!
1 shreck in garrison owns centuar at ease
and generally it takes ages for centuar to kill any unit in garrison.

I don't think that sounds right
12 Oct 2015, 14:58 PM

Some of you know how to make test mode with the current balance prewiew mode?
It would be nice to put up a video with the centaur getting owned by a single volk unit in a garrison hahah
12 Oct 2015, 15:08 PM

Seems like Relic give up on making emplacements viable.

+1
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90
unknown 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L