russian armor

October Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
Hat
11 Oct 2015, 06:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 04:16 AMAladdin
Relic plz stop overnerfing stuff!!!

Instead plz fix the ISG and pak howie they are still bullshit units, I did a lot of testing on the new balance preview and they still have a good damn accuracy and simply JUST DO NOT LET YOU ENJOY A GAME.

Axis players are the most vocal when it comes to complaining which is why the Brits got nerfed so hard. USF doesn't have as much going for it so less is thrown in their direction.
11 Oct 2015, 06:34 AM
Patrion 27

+5% to range at vet 1 for ISG seems like the most meh veterancy of all time. I would rather see Hollow-shells return, but make it a timed ability. This way the player could activate hollow-shells for say, 10-20 seconds, and right click on a vehicle instead of having to barrage one specific spot on the map.
11 Oct 2015, 06:49 AM

Yeah it's almost like it doesn't have a vet bonus at all! Lol

Anyway, impressions from trying out October balance preview (should impressions be in a separate thread?):

Flamer damage seems as deadly as ever. Kills are just a smidgen slower, but not too slow that you can't drive a KV-8 into a Pak and destroy it. It's really the AOE ground damage that destroys everything. Maybe change ticks to 1.5 or 1.75 seconds? 2 seconds?

Centaur looks like it's in a good spot right now. Really fits the price tag on it. 100 fuel.

ISG still seems as deadly as ever. It's the accuracy + suppression/pinning mechanic that really is the trouble. I have suggestions (also applies to pack howitzer of course):

Disable auto-rotation so it's not a fire-and-forget thing.
Disable ability to pin on first shot (only on getting a good hit on a suppressed squad).
Drastically reduce the length a squad stays suppressed/pinned by it.

or reducing its accuracy by a lot.

Churchills are fine, people say they are "useless" but I think they are kneejerk responses to any nerfs the Churchill gets. I think give it a month and people will grow into Churchills again.
11 Oct 2015, 07:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 04:38 AMpugzii
Lmao I have been playing the patch all day vs good players. Commandos are now pointless for their cost, same for churchhill, but the tommy buff is incredible. Just blob tommies into cromwell/comet spam and its unbeatable... they reinforce cheaper than grens and fucking slaughter everything its funny as fuck. GG Lelic.

Tommy blobs? Really? They can't even handle a single MG in garrison. Commandos are just fine for 350 MP, the glider cost is another issue.
11 Oct 2015, 08:58 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 06:23 AMHat

Axis players are the most vocal when it comes to complaining which is why the Brits got nerfed so hard. USF doesn't have as much going for it so less is thrown in their direction.

yes thats why we only see ISG thread complaints. something not right here, redo the math
11 Oct 2015, 09:35 AM

+5% to range at vet 1 for ISG seems like the most meh veterancy of all time. I would rather see Hollow-shells return, but make it a timed ability. This way the player could activate hollow-shells for say, 10-20 seconds, and right click on a vehicle instead of having to barrage one specific spot on the map.

the hollow shaped charge should be an alternate mode that you unlock. turn it into a weak atg.
Phy
11 Oct 2015, 09:57 AM

If you manage to get to vet 2 for the HE barrage it has a much more devastating impact in the fight than an leig (pre and post mega buffs)

Ty!
11 Oct 2015, 11:22 AM

I just can't even... Relic is so freaking lazy. They couldn't make hollow shell viable so they gave over the top 15% range which they want nerf to 5% after 1 patch - making isg most boring unit with most lazy vet1 to make. What's next more balance improvement and we will see "isg still over performing decreased vet1 to 2%". Here is the tip make hollow shell work as suggested by What Doth Life or give it smoke or phosphorus shells... Make this unit fun and interesting to use!
11 Oct 2015, 11:37 AM
Patrion 28

can't. if it get's decrewed with the ability active it'll get bugged. could be a barrage ability though.
11 Oct 2015, 11:51 AM

Balance PREVIEW and everyone is acting like a spoiled brat that his favourite unit was(not) touched... I feel like every other coh2 player is literally a 75 iq mongoloid...
11 Oct 2015, 13:25 PM

I love how month ago on a stream they answered to me that 15% is perfectly fine and now they nerf it.
11 Oct 2015, 14:00 PM

Iwould rather Hollow Shell to be a toggle ability like Sherman HE round with increased acc with this round. That way LeIG can be like a slow shooting Pak. For Pack Howie, nerf the dmg but increase its ROF slightly and make WP shells kill inf, not nonsense stuff with 1HP remain.
Hat
11 Oct 2015, 17:28 PM

yes thats why we only see ISG thread complaints. something not right here, redo the math

Yeah, it was that bad. It actually got allies to complain like the wehraboos do.
11 Oct 2015, 20:38 PM
Patrion 15

Who the hell is going to go ANVIL as brits now? There is not a single reason to go ANVIL with the ultra nerf to Churchill's armor. The HP nerf it's fine but nerfing it to 200 armor it's a joke.

It was supposed to be a defensive choice with a tank capable to actually tank some damage and bounce some shots, if you remove that from the Churchill you're left with a Heavy Tank that is not going to do the job.

11 Oct 2015, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 20:38 PMwillyto
Who the hell is going to go ANVIL as brits now? There is not a single reason to go ANVIL with the ultra nerf to Churchill's armor. The HP nerf it's fine but nerfing it to 200 armor it's a joke.

It was supposed to be a defensive choice with a tank capable to actually tank some damage and bounce some shots, if you remove that from the Churchill you're left with a Heavy Tank that is not going to do the job.

+1
11 Oct 2015, 21:12 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 20:38 PMwillyto

Maybe I need to play the Balance preview to get a better understanding, but the Churchill still requires 9 hits from any source of 160 damage(most common and found on the majority of AT/tank cannons) and it can still deflect shells from PIVs. It also comes with Anvil engineers who can put it back together very quickly and while slow and vulnerable to explosives, can put up a fight when given LMGs ontop of their Vickers.

Maybe it's armour could go to around the 240-260, but we'll have to see. If it can still close in and chuck a grenade at a weapon crew/clear a position and escape and fend off things trying to get past it the Churchill will have its uses because those excellentrepairs will be around generally.

As for the things it should be front of/tanking for, well, that's another discussion with the Firefly being completely reliant on its gimmicky burst damage which I, in my opinion, needs to be altered. Still, you got those rather splendid 6pdrs to protect. Emplacements are still their own issue as well.
11 Oct 2015, 21:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You could argue that it's miles better than:
Medkits, Infantry detection, counterbarrage or Sexton coordinated barrage (on the Valentine lol)
11 Oct 2015, 21:33 PM

Still I do not think the 15% more range mad the ISG broken, but more the insta pinning.
11 Oct 2015, 22:34 PM

Maybe I need to play the Balance preview to get a better understanding, but the Churchill still requires 9 hits from any source of 160 damage(most common and found on the majority of AT/tank cannons) and it can still deflect shells from PIVs.

Against PaK40/puppchen, durability of new churchill is exactly the same as durability of KV-1 on average. Only difference is, its less prone to RNG, which means you will NOT have lucky escapes as KV-1 can nor will the speed allow you to.
No one in his right mind will pay T4 level costs as brits for slower KV-1.

It also comes with Anvil engineers who can put it back together very quickly and while slow and vulnerable to explosives, can put up a fight when given LMGs ontop of their Vickers.

Which will not make up for the churchill overnerf as cheaper to reinforce Tommies will be more then enough.

I'd rather see its rear armor being vulnerable then front one being stripped to medium tank level.
This thing was more durable then Tiger I and right not its a slower, stock KV-1.

I don't see this heavy nerf making it to the patch and if it will, churchill will disappear from any game mode for the sake of the superior in every single aspec(survivability included) Comet, which can take exactly the same amount of shots from PaK/puppchen on average, but is much faster and has much better firepower.
12 Oct 2015, 00:05 AM
Patrion 28

Balance PREVIEW and everyone is acting like a spoiled brat that his favourite unit was(not) touched... I feel like every other coh2 player is literally a 75 iq mongoloid...

my understanding is that 70 is considered retarded so a 75 iq mongoloid would be a normal Mongolian, albeit not a very smart one. 50 years ago 70 was the average iq so it would also depend on when this iq test was taken.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS