Login

russian armor

October Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
10 Oct 2015, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 15:41 PMButcher
Stop using history arguments only if they suit you. StuG and Panzer IV had the same gun, Panthers were known for knocking out T-34s from 2km away and the ISU could fire once every full moon. Elefants were only "common" during the Kursk operation. This all isn´t in the game.

you are so right for example: german players use it when its ez for them to use it .
why USF zooks arent buffed and same dmg like shreks [german player: cos in ww2 zooks werent so strong like shreks !!! history m8

when alliec get buffed they suddenly forget about history and cry about alliec being op guys stop it
if we want it to be an historical game alliec players need to out number the german players by 10-1
Phy
10 Oct 2015, 20:52 PM

What is the difference which justifies the pak howie being more expensive than the leig?

Just asking.
10 Oct 2015, 20:58 PM

That's some serious hammer on the UKF tank again......in exchange of tommie reinforce cost 7mp less.......
10 Oct 2015, 20:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh that's what that means, okay I understand it now? By -10% I thought they meant setting it to 10% off the model cost (70 - 10% = 63 ÷ 50% = 31.5) rather than adding 10% to the divided-by number (70 ÷ 60% = 28).

It's...not very intuitive patch notes for the general public, yeah.
10 Oct 2015, 21:09 PM

Stop doing overnerf, okay?
10 Oct 2015, 22:07 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 20:52 PMPhy
What is the difference which justifies the pak howie being more expensive than the leig?

Just asking.

If you manage to get to vet 2 for the HE barrage it has a much more devastating impact in the fight than an leig (pre and post mega buffs)
11 Oct 2015, 00:19 AM

commando dps is indeed a massive overnerf.
11 Oct 2015, 00:19 AM

Excellent changes imo.

don't think so. ISGs/Pack Howies will still suppress/pin way too quickly. axis still has no way of countering late game inf blobs.

the patch fixes some of the most glaring issues like centaur garrison wiping and churchills being indestructable and just driving up to at guns and throwing nades... but there's still loads of issues.
11 Oct 2015, 00:34 AM

Commandos were overnerfed, cut the nerf by 50% and it would be ok.

Ty.
11 Oct 2015, 01:08 AM

You know what bothers me more - the way where Brits are coming. I.m. It's clear USF path, where your bast tactic would be spam Inf sections more and more, have them blobed and cover by firefly/Cromwell. Like really, commandos deleated, heavy tank Churchill deleated (sure it have massive HP, but rather then being tanky it became more "I'm medium slow tank with 1400 HP"), emplacement play is worthless and pointless. So at the end we pretty much have vCoH US gameplay with few twicks, because half of the Brits faction abilities unique features simply have no place in correct balance and simply worthless.
11 Oct 2015, 01:24 AM

Commandos were overnerfed, cut the nerf by 50% and it would be ok.

Ty.

the fire rate is fine now, but they forget change the burst time to normal, right now the burst time is too short. the burst time for sten is like 1/3 of normal SMG burst.
11 Oct 2015, 01:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

the fire rate is fine now, but they forget change the burst time to normal, right now the burst time is too short. the burst time for sten is like 1/3 of normal SMG burst.

That is probably intentional, as silenced Stens had a big overheating problem that forced it to be fired rather carefully for an automatic weapon.
11 Oct 2015, 01:30 AM

Oh that's what that means, okay I understand it now? By -10% I thought they meant setting it to 10% off the model cost (70 - 10% = 63 ÷ 50% = 31.5) rather than adding 10% to the divided-by number (70 ÷ 60% = 28).

reducing entity cost entails reducing the purchasing cost for the unit... so if you reduce entity cost by 10%, the squads would cost 4*(70*.9)=252MP and reinforcement cost would be .5*(70*.9)=31.5MP.

if you want to keep the squad cost, but reduce reinforcement cost, you change the reinforcement cost multiplier (like in this case from .5 to .4)
11 Oct 2015, 02:07 AM

Based on the previous balance preview, this could change and I hope it does.
11 Oct 2015, 02:22 AM

While Commandos dps nerf was heafty, they are far from being a bad unit. They still excel as a cloaking, behind enemy lines squad that can cause havoc when used correctly. Now you have to be more careful against close range squads that can compete with them. Other long range squads will still get beat out handly.

The nerf just made them worst in direct engagements which they never were meant for with the expection of duel fire on the move Brens. They're still amazing as a flanking or ambushing squad.
11 Oct 2015, 02:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 01:26 AMVuther

That is probably intentional, as silenced Stens had a big overheating problem that forced it to be fired rather carefully for an automatic weapon.

that is realistic consideration, but for the fire rate as before, i don't think they are carefully using the silenced weapon to prevent overheat lol... super fast burst and automatic shooting i don't see the heat difference.
11 Oct 2015, 02:46 AM

commandos are fine for their reinforcement cost, but their call in price is too expensive. it should be 425-450

Also remember that the commandos need to use their stealth capability. They basically have the best stealth in the game. Sometime I actually use hold fire under long range fire in order to cloak.
11 Oct 2015, 02:59 AM

While Commandos dps nerf was heafty, they are far from being a bad unit. They still excel as a cloaking, behind enemy lines squad that can cause havoc when used correctly. Now you have to be more careful against close range squads that can compete with them. Other long range squads will still get beat out handly.

The nerf just made them worst in direct engagements which they never were meant for with the expection of duel fire on the move Brens. They're still amazing as a flanking or ambushing squad.

this
11 Oct 2015, 04:16 AM

Relic plz stop overnerfing stuff!!!

Instead plz fix the ISG and pak howie they are still bullshit units, I did a lot of testing on the new balance preview and they still have a good damn accuracy and simply JUST DO NOT LET YOU ENJOY A GAME.

Also, due to ISG and flame effect, Brits absolutely lack indirect fire which makes them not having combined arms.

EMPLACEMENTS ARE NOT VIABLE DUE TO THAT REASON.

Stuff like walking stuka are meant to counter emplacement not the cheap spam-able ISGs to hard counter almost every single unit in your army including emplacements and shut every game down.
11 Oct 2015, 04:38 AM

Lmao I have been playing the patch all day vs good players. Commandos are now pointless for their cost, same for churchhill, but the tommy buff is incredible. Just blob tommies into cromwell/comet spam and its unbeatable... they reinforce cheaper than grens and fucking slaughter everything its funny as fuck. GG Lelic.
PAGES (11)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS