Login

russian armor

Does Relic actually play COH2?

1 Oct 2015, 06:41 AM

I've always wondered if they even play their own game because in the current state of how this game is, it's an absolute drunken mess. When the Brits came out I basically uninstalled this game due to the balance being non existent and I came back today only to find that instead of sniper spam, we have everyone ISG spamming along with Wehr players still mortar spamming. I don't want this thread to be full of people telling me to make a better game than them because I'm not a game developer, I'm not trained to create games and that's why I get to criticize them, because they are. All I want is an honest to god opinion of what you guys think about the current state of this game.
1 Oct 2015, 06:46 AM

My opinion is there exists no single post of you without complaining and whining.
Balance is actually pretty good, you don't seem to know how this game actually works.
are you 4v4 only player?
1 Oct 2015, 06:46 AM

They probably play their game a lot but with eachother. I doubt they are watching a lot of streams or playing against highly ranked people in automatch using the try-hard build orders, so they are probably playing the game differently since they don't have as much exposure to lame automatch meta.
1 Oct 2015, 06:53 AM

I play everything from 2v2 up and I see the same tactics throughout all game types. I play as all the Allied factions too. I used to play as Axis but I lost my desire for it, but even the people I watch on YouTube are pretty fed up with the game so it's not just me. Nearly everyone I play with between friends and random will rage quit.
1 Oct 2015, 07:04 AM

Permanently Banned
I play everything from 2v2 up and I see the same tactics throughout all game types. I play as all the Allied factions too. I used to play as Axis but I lost my desire for it, but even the people I watch on YouTube are pretty fed up with the game so it's not just me. Nearly everyone I play with between friends and random will rage quit.

I think they play their game, but they don't discover every flaw.

I remember having Battlefield 4 on pc and deciding to play it on the Xbox One of a friend of mine. Decided to fire the noob tube, since it was console, I pulled the trigger and instantly got bugsplatted to the homescreen.

What happened? Did Dice really didn't play their game? I think not, I rather think that somewhere during the final release code testing, nobody actually tested and fired the noob tube.
Same goes for Relic, they do test and play their game, but they sure as hell miss a few things from time to time..

Happens to every game and every developer.
1 Oct 2015, 07:08 AM

I think they play their game, but they don't discover every flaw.

I remember having Battlefield 4 on pc and deciding to play it on the Xbox One of a friend of mine. Decided to fire the noob tube, since it was console, I pulled the trigger and instantly got bugsplatted to the homescreen.

What happened? Did Dice really didn't play their game? I think not, I rather think that somewhere during the final release code testing, nobody actually tested and fired the noob tube.
Same goes for Relic, they do test and play their game, but they sure as hell miss a few things from time to time..

Of course. I mean I know I complain a lot on the forums and forget about the Steam discussions of this game, my god everyone hates it. I have a quality about me that enables me to immediately spot flaws in something I'm participating in and there seems to always be loads of them about this game. Take COD for instance. They'll have broken guns being popular for a while until the creators nerf them and over time they make adjustments accordingly but the game is never to a point where one single thing makes people leave the game. That's my issue with this game is that for every issue they fix, 5 more arise.
1 Oct 2015, 07:22 AM

Permanently Banned

Of course. I mean I know I complain a lot on the forums and forget about the Steam discussions of this game, my god everyone hates it. I have a quality about me that enables me to immediately spot flaws in something I'm participating in and there seems to always be loads of them about this game. Take COD for instance. They'll have broken guns being popular for a while until the creators nerf them and over time they make adjustments accordingly but the game is never to a point where one single thing makes people leave the game. That's my issue with this game is that for every issue they fix, 5 more arise.

That is the problem with Relic, more than any other company, they give me the idea that they are incompetent.

They are the fine example of a company and it's capabilities that only come in full effect after a game is played for something like two to three years. Dice has the same problem, can't balance a game until it is played for a certain amount of time.

But to be clear, I don't think you whine let alone complain, you bought a product and deserve to give feedback about what someone does with this product, that might be good or bad.

Don't listen to much to these complainers, do what you like to do!
1 Oct 2015, 07:26 AM

That is the problem with Relic, more than any other company, they give me the idea that they are incompetent.

They are the fine example of a company and it's capabilities that only come in full effect after a game is played for something like two to three years. Dice has the same problem, can't balance a game until it is played for a certain amount of time.

But to be clear, I don't think you whine let alone complain, you bought a product and deserve to give feedback about what someone does with this product, that might be good or bad.

Don't listen to much to these complainers, do what you like to do!

Thank you for understanding. I absolutely loved the first COH and this one was very fun when it was first released but since then it's been a series of ups and downs and constant changes that make you have to rewrite your entire playstyle and that's what bothers me about the game. It requires such a heavy investment with little to no reward for playing it.
1 Oct 2015, 07:30 AM

why is everyone calling allys Up when the datas tells otherwise? o.O
(and i mean their winrates are 10-30% higher than axis one)
1 Oct 2015, 07:30 AM

Permanently Banned

Thank you for understanding. I absolutely loved the first COH and this one was very fun when it was first released but since then it's been a series of ups and downs and constant changes that make you have to rewrite your entire playstyle and that's what bothers me about the game. It requires such a heavy investment with little to no reward for playing it.

Agreed. Unless you invest a multitude of hours upon hours into the game, it does reward you, otherwise it doesn't.

Some people claim otherwise, but meh we all pretty much know the truth don't we :)
1 Oct 2015, 07:34 AM

Permanently Banned
why is everyone calling allys Up when the datas tells otherwise? o.O
(and i mean their winrates are 10-30% higher than axis one)

Because there is a tsunami of allied fanboys
1 Oct 2015, 07:53 AM

I have played a relic developer in 2v2 and 1v1 both, same guy, very friendly.

This was coh2 beta or just post release. He said that they have to play coh2 for some game sense. Now I dont know if he meant it in a caring way or in a, my boss instructed me to ladder way. :P
1 Oct 2015, 09:42 AM

i like cobra! Fuck the GI JOE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_9jKFpQKM
1 Oct 2015, 12:25 PM

I feel like they don't play the game on high enough level to be able to make some of the changes to be actually best for the balance, imo they should create a small team of top 20 from all gamemodes to disucss the balance and tell the balance issues.

If they make balance changes based on these or the official forums they're gonna garden up the patches since most of the players that complaining about things are fanboys or only knows about one gamemode
1 Oct 2015, 12:39 PM

Permanently Banned
I feel like they don't play the game on high enough level to be able to make some of the changes to be actually best for the balance, imo they should create a small team of top 20 from all gamemodes to disucss the balance and tell the balance issues.

If they make balance changes based on these or the official forums they're gonna garden up the patches since most of the players that complaining about things are fanboys or only knows about one gamemode

I am afraid this will result in some serious bias. There reason that Relic perhaps doesn't play their game that often can result in decisions that are without a major influence of bias.
1 Oct 2015, 13:05 PM

They probably play their game a lot but with eachother. I doubt they are watching a lot of streams or playing against highly ranked people in automatch using the try-hard build orders, so they are probably playing the game differently since they don't have as much exposure to lame automatch meta.

Fun fact: Brad beat Luvnest 1v1 last night in a super long langres slugfest.

All of relic might not play but Brad and Jason are quite involved in automatch on live, private games and streams. Brad is damn good at the game. He'd probably be top 50 1v1 all factions if he had more time to play automatch.
1 Oct 2015, 13:19 PM

I play everything from 2v2 up and I see the same tactics throughout all game types.

Well, try 1v1. That's what the game first of all is balanced for.

I'm sorry, but I think you cannot form a general opnioin about the game if you never play the main mode.
1 Oct 2015, 13:39 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2015, 13:05 PMCieZ

Fun fact: Brad beat Luvnest 1v1 last night in a super long langres slugfest.

All of relic might not play but Brad and Jason are quite involved in automatch on live, private games and streams. Brad is damn good at the game. He'd probably be top 50 1v1 all factions if he had more time to play automatch.

+1

Brad plays frequently under his private account.
1 Oct 2015, 14:24 PM

I'll be honest eyelessjack.. brad would smash you mate, he'd merc you up bled. He'd mash up all the units that you perceive as OP using all the units you perceive as UP.

Then he'd say "now what of your special quality" and you'd have to resort to posting screenshots saying GG relic bad manners etc

Thats what would happen mate.
1 Oct 2015, 14:26 PM

Permanently Banned
So Brad like always somthing abuse i think, kubles, jeeps, now i feel its he change ISG and pachawi :D. Hope tahy enjoy this game like me vs ISG/pachawi and brits.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 62
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment