Login

russian armor

A Brit Balance Thread. (yes, another)

26 Sep 2015, 21:40 PM

The Jadgtiger/Elefant as a counter to Churchill's is silly when you consider the fact that both those tanks are very, very expensive late game tanks while the Churchill only costs 5 more fuel than a KV1 while being better in every way. By the time a Jadgtiger hits the field you have either already been overwhelmed or are just barely hanging on.

The Churchill just needs a reduction to 1280 health and 300 frontal armor or a huuuge price increase to reflect how durable it is.

The reason the Vickers is weird is because they essentially just copied the MG42's stats.

considering the british's completely lack of artillery piece beside the Sexton, their comets and churchill have the heavy responsibility of leading an assault. The churchill's low top speed make it the perfect prey for the Axis' uber gun.

any heavy nerf to the churchill is just going to make it into another kv-1.

yes, I can tell vicker is based off (not copied) the mg42. Vicker's suppression is just too weak to effectively handle blob and need a buff.
26 Sep 2015, 23:14 PM

Imagine if we all made our own personal balance threads every week, wouldn't this forum be great.

oh wait.
26 Sep 2015, 23:22 PM

You make it sound like even with vickers someone would play brits with intent of winning. And the bleed is not ''early game'' because they have nothing nondoctrinal to kill the leigs, and even then the counters are rng based with the arty commander or the plane call ins.

Brits were banned in OCF I believe.
26 Sep 2015, 23:27 PM

Brits were banned in OCF I believe.

aimstrong was winning with a centaur rush strategy. I do believe that centaur is a big broken atm. Its accuracy and scatter are too high
26 Sep 2015, 23:42 PM

aimstrong was winning with a centaur rush strategy. I do believe that centaur is a big broken atm. Its accuracy and scatter are too high

you mean the scatter is too low lol. All Relic needs to do is Copy Paste ostwind stats and add alittle extra accuracy and alittle more damage.
27 Sep 2015, 00:58 AM

are we playing the same game?

your changes wouldnt help brits piss poor early game, they have no effective arty, nothing to counter mg's in buildings the UC is trash and they have nothing to CC vehicles, their piats are god awful.

at the moment brits are being carried on the back of the centaur, croc and commandos.

fix the faction then nerf them.

Im sorry you dont realise that the IS MP cost decreases would totally change their whole dynamic of how well they perform in early game.

Also... Piats are insanely good.
27 Sep 2015, 02:29 AM

PIATs are good if you manage to snare a tank with a Gannon bomb or mine. Vs everything else they suck.
27 Sep 2015, 03:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2015, 00:58 AMCorsin
Im sorry you dont realise that the IS MP cost decreases would totally change their whole dynamic of how well they perform in early game.

If IS are cheaper, then their scaling would need nerfed. At Vet 3 with Bren they are very good, Grenadiers couldn't hope to compete with that. Add cover, and things start to get crazy.
27 Sep 2015, 04:58 AM

If IS are cheaper, then their scaling would need nerfed. At Vet 3 with Bren they are very good, Grenadiers couldn't hope to compete with that. Add cover, and things start to get crazy.

I wish people would read the post before replying...

It literally says their dps would need toning down by the % of the cost decrease....
27 Sep 2015, 05:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2015, 04:58 AMCorsin
I wish people would read the post before replying...

It literally says their dps would need toning down by the % of the cost decrease....

I said scaling, not DPS.
27 Sep 2015, 06:35 AM

vet3 tommies with one bren is fine.

the problem is dual bren aka LMG spam. Wish squad were limited to one lmg.
27 Sep 2015, 06:47 AM

churchill mk7 only 1240 hp and croc and avre 800 health....i mean its obvious dirt cheap tanks shouldn't have more armor than current heavies the cheap cost means less firepower but still even with that the amor churchills gets for its price is ridiculous and the firpoer thing doesn't applies to avre and croc so they need 800 hp fine with 1240 hp and 300 armor for mk7 and its has a good gun and not mention multiple mgs from its tanks churchill should be meat not a beast
27 Sep 2015, 06:53 AM

How does this adress the leig spam bleed? ... They need a counter to leig

When did Brits get a LeIG???? I've searched the patch notes and can't find this unit in the Brit tree WHERE IS IT?!?!?!?!?
27 Sep 2015, 07:17 AM

I agree with almost all changes, since you're trying to normalize Brits. Simply Buff early Nerf late which is a good concept.

If the MP problem is fixed, something should be done about their late game.
27 Sep 2015, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2015, 07:17 AMRMMLz
I agree with almost all changes, since you're trying to normalize Brits. Simply Buff early Nerf late which is a good concept.

If the MP problem is fixed, something should be done about their late game.

Yeah thats pretty much the gist of it, cheers mate.
27 Sep 2015, 11:20 AM

Permanently Banned

That was disgusting to watch, first centaur rolled out at 10:48 minute mark. Korean Army killed that one together with a counter snipe, to eventually have to fight double centaur with 6 pounder support, to which there are no counters as Ost :foreveralone:

The thins is completely broken.

Although Aimstrong probably is the best Coh2 player around right now, it just shows how broken the centaur is :foreveralone:
27 Sep 2015, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 10:34 AMCorsin
Ok so now the new faction has been out long enough, the first wave of balance changes and "hotfix" has also happend... This is going to be my honest opinion of every unit they have.

Infantry/Weapon Teams.

- Infantry section - This unit could do with a buff in terms of cost and reinforcement cost. (recommend 260, with a 30mp reinforce cost). Possibly tone down their dps in cover by the % of the price decrease. This is to basically give the brits less early game bleed, which can be devastating.

- Vickers Mg - I feel this unit is fine where it is.

- Engineers - Perfectly fine.

- Sniper - Since the tweaks to fireing i think the sniper is fine now. Can be used to counter the Ostheer sniper without too much hassle or screaming at your screen for him to shoot.

- Airlanding Officer - Needs a reinforcement cost increase to 45 per model.

- Commandos - Need a cost increase from 350 to 450, and reinforcement cost from 35 to 45 to better reflect their performance. (The same reinforce cost as an IS is abit ridiculous).

- 6 Pounder AT gun - I feel this could use something a little more... Maybe Superheated rounds or a TwP.

Vehicles

- AC - I feel the armored car is actually really good, its basically a puma, But cheaper in fuel cost. again... totally fine with this unit.

- Bren Carrier - The MG upgrade on the bren i feel could use a slight dps buff. Otherwise i think this unit is fine.

- Valentine - The infrared on this unit seems abit stupid to be honest... it should be applied in waves like the IR halftrack. Rather than a maphack.

- Sexton - Needs a potency increase (but with it a fuel increase). The reason is its not very good, is because its the same fuel cost of a Stug.

- Centaur - Im not sure if this unit needs a nerf or if the ostwind needs a buff... but if you compare these two AA/AI tanks, the same function and cost (fuel) in each army. You will quickly notice one of them towers above the other in performance. Also this tank needs to be nerfed in how fast it clears buildings.
Edit: Ok now im pretty sure this unit needs nerfing to be more in-line with the ostwind.

- Cromwell - Maybe a bit too fast... these were known for having engine issues alot, and its a rather potent tank for 110 fuel. With the Hammer tactic speed boost its like a bloody rocket. Otherwise its fine, cheap/effective and id say balanced.

- Firefly - Id like to see a faster rate of fire on this tank. But at the same time the tulips dps tuning down a tad to give tanks like the panzer 4 time to react before being burst down in 1 shot+tulips.

- Comet - Perfect. This tank im really happy with, its like a panther basically... but with more AI capability. For its cost and tech requirements though, this tank is perfect.

- Churchill - Now this is probably the only UKF tank i really have an issue with. Its HP was not tuned down enough, across all variants... However id be ok with the HP and even the armor... except when i look at the 150 fuel cost.... This is a potentially and usually a game changing tank. And it is rather spammable. for pretty much the same fuel cost of a P4. This is a tank that can roll up to Paks and 1 shot them with a nade. A tank that can face down most german armor, out of pure durability... if you back two of these up with a firefly then youre going to be pretty much unstoppable unless an elephant or Jagdtiger are present. So for these id like to see a further health reduction from 1400 to 1200 hp (still more than a tiger). and a fuel cost increase from 150 to 160.

- Churchill AVRE - Health reduction to 1200 hp.

- Churchill Croc - Health reduction to 1200 hp, and further nerfs to the flamethrower.

Emplacements

Before i get into each emplacement, i feel that the brace was maybe overnerfed. Well... that now i dont feel the costs of the emplacements are worth it, as they are too easy to kill with a couple of mortars/leigs.

- Trench - Should be able to be manned by any player. Like the Ostheer ones are.

- Mortar Emplacement - Id like to see these given a buff where in "Brace" mode they automatically enter a counter-barrage mode too. This will give axis players a new thing to worry about rather than getting 2 mortars, setting them to barrage the mortar emplacement and then pretty much can forget about it.

- Bofors - I think this is fine now. Still recks infantry (as it should) but at least you have a chance if you retreat now.

- 17 Pounder - I think this is actually overpriced in fuel. For how easy it is to kill i think its maybe abit too limiting. Only useful on some maps, and still easy to dispatch. - Mp cost increase of 100 but fuel reduced to 50.

Commander Abilities

- Air Superiority bombing... - Should be nerfed in damage and also reduced in cost. It does approx 6000 damage currently, Id like to see this nerfed to 3000. But cost reduced to 200 munitions AND less delay on the aircraft entering the map. SO it can be used vs armies rather than just wiping OKW off the map as soon as you hit 12cp.

- Vanguard Ops... This commander seems abit too good to be honest... id like to see a price increase on the command glider... A brit forward reinforcement point will cost you 450 mp... So this thing is basically one of them that instantly builds, can produce medics AND you get a commando squad with special abilities (Air landing Officer) for 120mp AND can train the best infantry in the game. So yeah id like to see this glider moved to 600mp. (unless commando's cost is moved to 450mp per squad, then the cost of this glider is fine).

Thats all folks! If you leave comments please keep them on track and constructive. :)

nothing you suggested helps the britishs but rather nerfs them

Infantry/Weapon Teams
nothing you suggested helps the MP bleed,slight less reinforce cost and a little cheaper pruduction cost WHILE nerfing THEIR COVER DPS screams NERF,they still bleed but they also are less effective then before so NOPE bleed is still here

only the commando cost increase is good for balance reasons

Vehicles
the churchill NERF threads are getting annoying

if someone spams churchill then he doesnt have other tanks(AKA centaurs,cromwells and fireflys)and he also doesnt bring Comets,they are also slow and cant fight panthers nor tigers,their only purpose is to take damage and protect other units

the centaur is the only unit that allows brits to be offencive,untill that point YOU CANT TAKE AND HOLD GROUND,in order to rush it you must ignore alot of upgrades,the ostwind on the other hand can be rushed while you also get nades,weapon upgrades all for free,and in OKWs scavenger doctrine you can rush an ostwind faster then the brits can rush a centaur,the only thing it needs is to reduce its penetration against panzer 4s and fix its ability to instawipe garrisoned squads

futher AVRE/CROC nerfs in durability and damage for no reason

only the firefly buff sounds reasonable but again if we nerf the rockets we should also reduce their price

Emplacements

Briitish trench should be buffed AND be able to be used by allies and enemy players like vCOH

Mortar needs to be cheaper in MP, it doesnt need counter fire ability WHILE braced

17 Pounder,so you will reduce its fuel price WHILE increasing MP price,pop cap the same??? yea you just made the MP problem of the brits worse should he choose to go defencive

Commander Abilities
- Air Superiority bombing,ever heard the saying "if its not broken dont fix it"
you will half the damage of the callin BUT reduce it price by 125 munitions???

apart that the ability is a late game callin,that comes at 12cp,needs VISION,and needs 325munitions.
the only man that says this thing is op is someone who blobs and plays defencivly(sim city)

i dont see any change that would help Brits early game but mostly late game nerfs

27 Sep 2015, 18:15 PM

6 pounder AT gun,MP from 270 to 310,pop from 7 to 9. it's just a copy of Pak 40 except TWP. It shouldn't cost 270Mp and 7pop as the same as shit 57mm AT gun.
28 Sep 2015, 05:10 AM

Make tommys capable of tanking a hit or two by decreasing enemy hit chances slightly or upping their hp. Get rid of those slow as heck scoped enfields, buff their bren guns, eliminate their mp suckage. Give rifle nades so they have some kind of fire power or mills bombs right at vet 1. Or maybe they should get sprint on account of needing to *SPRINT FROM COVER TO COVER IN ORDER TO STAND A CHANCE!*

Give the sniper a choice between AT rifle or a scoped lee enfield. From my personal experiences he is meant only for slowing enemy units down not halting an entire advance. Giving him a scoped enfield will allow him to counter snipe and be much more adaptable if not more useful. His at rifle can stay as is.

Infantry should be able to fire out of the bren carriers.

Cromwell should get an armor reduction and a tiny speed or rof boost. Its a cruiser tank after all...

Sherman Fireflies are tank snipers but the tulips are the only thing that hurts anything.
Decrease reload time or up it's cannon's accuracy or firing distance.
28 Sep 2015, 06:43 AM

Comet is not near perfect....
1.for competitive play, the advantages of Anvil tactic is overpowering the hammer one, if you Chose comet, you lose churchill to suck the damage of the late game german uber panzers, Comet is squishy as hell and comes late, and its price is very expensive and still hopelessly lose to a panther.

2.And you lose heavy engineer option for chosing hammer tactics, that's the only effective infantry the UKF can get, IS is a MP black hole,and their combat perfomance is very situational which relys heavily on cover, AKA, none practical since there won't be covers avilable whenever you need it.

3.Again, Churchill, this tank is the only hope to tank those Uber Jadgtiger/Elephants, I don't find that many axis player whine when the Axis W/R is 80% not long before in teamed game.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★