Login

russian armor

A Brit Balance Thread. (yes, another)

26 Sep 2015, 10:34 AM

Ok so now the new faction has been out long enough, the first wave of balance changes and "hotfix" has also happend... This is going to be my honest opinion of every unit they have.

Infantry/Weapon Teams.

- Infantry section - This unit could do with a buff in terms of cost and reinforcement cost. (recommend 260, with a 30mp reinforce cost). Possibly tone down their dps in cover by the % of the price decrease. This is to basically give the brits less early game bleed, which can be devastating.

- Vickers Mg - I feel this unit is fine where it is.

- Engineers - Perfectly fine.

- Sniper - Since the tweaks to fireing i think the sniper is fine now. Can be used to counter the Ostheer sniper without too much hassle or screaming at your screen for him to shoot.

- Airlanding Officer - Needs a reinforcement cost increase to 45 per model.

- Commandos - Need a cost increase from 350 to 450, and reinforcement cost from 35 to 45 to better reflect their performance. (The same reinforce cost as an IS is abit ridiculous).

- 6 Pounder AT gun - I feel this could use something a little more... Maybe Superheated rounds or a TwP.

Vehicles

- AC - I feel the armored car is actually really good, its basically a puma, But cheaper in fuel cost. again... totally fine with this unit.

- Bren Carrier - The MG upgrade on the bren i feel could use a slight dps buff. Otherwise i think this unit is fine.

- Valentine - The infrared on this unit seems abit stupid to be honest... it should be applied in waves like the IR halftrack. Rather than a maphack.

- Sexton - Needs a potency increase (but with it a fuel increase). The reason is its not very good, is because its the same fuel cost of a Stug.

- Centaur - Im not sure if this unit needs a nerf or if the ostwind needs a buff... but if you compare these two AA/AI tanks, the same function and cost (fuel) in each army. You will quickly notice one of them towers above the other in performance. Also this tank needs to be nerfed in how fast it clears buildings.
Edit: Ok now im pretty sure this unit needs nerfing to be more in-line with the ostwind.

- Cromwell - Maybe a bit too fast... these were known for having engine issues alot, and its a rather potent tank for 110 fuel. With the Hammer tactic speed boost its like a bloody rocket. Otherwise its fine, cheap/effective and id say balanced.

- Firefly - Id like to see a faster rate of fire on this tank. But at the same time the tulips dps tuning down a tad to give tanks like the panzer 4 time to react before being burst down in 1 shot+tulips.

- Comet - Perfect. This tank im really happy with, its like a panther basically... but with more AI capability. For its cost and tech requirements though, this tank is perfect.

- Churchill - Now this is probably the only UKF tank i really have an issue with. Its HP was not tuned down enough, across all variants... However id be ok with the HP and even the armor... except when i look at the 150 fuel cost.... This is a potentially and usually a game changing tank. And it is rather spammable. for pretty much the same fuel cost of a P4. This is a tank that can roll up to Paks and 1 shot them with a nade. A tank that can face down most german armor, out of pure durability... if you back two of these up with a firefly then youre going to be pretty much unstoppable unless an elephant or Jagdtiger are present. So for these id like to see a further health reduction from 1400 to 1200 hp (still more than a tiger). and a fuel cost increase from 150 to 160.

- Churchill AVRE - Health reduction to 1200 hp.

- Churchill Croc - Health reduction to 1200 hp, and further nerfs to the flamethrower.

Emplacements

Before i get into each emplacement, i feel that the brace was maybe overnerfed. Well... that now i dont feel the costs of the emplacements are worth it, as they are too easy to kill with a couple of mortars/leigs.

- Trench - Should be able to be manned by any player. Like the Ostheer ones are.

- Mortar Emplacement - Id like to see these given a buff where in "Brace" mode they automatically enter a counter-barrage mode too. This will give axis players a new thing to worry about rather than getting 2 mortars, setting them to barrage the mortar emplacement and then pretty much can forget about it.

- Bofors - I think this is fine now. Still recks infantry (as it should) but at least you have a chance if you retreat now.

- 17 Pounder - I think this is actually overpriced in fuel. For how easy it is to kill i think its maybe abit too limiting. Only useful on some maps, and still easy to dispatch. - Mp cost increase of 100 but fuel reduced to 50.

Commander Abilities

- Air Superiority bombing... - Should be nerfed in damage and also reduced in cost. It does approx 6000 damage currently, Id like to see this nerfed to 3000. But cost reduced to 200 munitions AND less delay on the aircraft entering the map. SO it can be used vs armies rather than just wiping OKW off the map as soon as you hit 12cp.

- Vanguard Ops... This commander seems abit too good to be honest... id like to see a price increase on the command glider... A brit forward reinforcement point will cost you 450 mp... So this thing is basically one of them that instantly builds, can produce medics AND you get a commando squad with special abilities (Air landing Officer) for 120mp AND can train the best infantry in the game. So yeah id like to see this glider moved to 600mp. (unless commando's cost is moved to 450mp per squad, then the cost of this glider is fine).

Thats all folks! If you leave comments please keep them on track and constructive. :)

26 Sep 2015, 11:01 AM

wow, honestly i was expecting a nerf this, nerf that post, judging from the title. but turn out i was wrong, so apologies.

Ill wit here and creep around to see everyones reaction though :D

26 Sep 2015, 11:05 AM

i dont own them, i dont play them, i cant comment on their balance :)
26 Sep 2015, 11:25 AM

How does this adress the leig spam bleed? If commandos and churchills are so autowin why doesn't everyone play brits in the ocf?

Make brits even viable before you need to nerf everything. They need a counter to leig
26 Sep 2015, 11:29 AM

How does this adress the leig spam bleed? If commandos and churchills are so autowin why doesn't everyone play brits in the ocf?

This is a brit balance thread, The lieg AND USF Pakhowi are not british units.

As for OCF... I thought it would be obvious? Two reasons...

1) Vickers was banned last weekend, and they sorta need that unit in a 1v1.

2) Because of the early game bleed. Which i also address at the start.
26 Sep 2015, 11:33 AM

You make it sound like even with vickers someone would play brits with intent of winning. And the bleed is not ''early game'' because they have nothing nondoctrinal to kill the leigs, and even then the counters are rng based with the arty commander or the plane call ins.
26 Sep 2015, 11:34 AM

- Commandos - Need a cost increase from 350 to 500, and reinforcement cost from 35 to 50 to better reflect their performance. (The same reinforce cost as an IS is abit ridiculous).

+++++++

- Vanguard Ops... This commander seems abit too good to be honest... id like to see a price increase on the command glider... A brit forward reinforcement point will cost you 450 mp... So this thing is basically one of them that instantly builds, can produce medics AND you get a commando squad with special abilities for 120mp AND can train the best infantry in the game. So yeah id like to see this glider moved to 600-700 mp.

=========

leleeleleleeleleelel
26 Sep 2015, 11:36 AM

- Commandos - Need a cost increase from 350 to 500, and reinforcement cost from 35 to 50 to better reflect their performance. (The same reinforce cost as an IS is abit ridiculous).

+++++++

- Vanguard Ops... This commander seems abit too good to be honest... id like to see a price increase on the command glider... A brit forward reinforcement point will cost you 450 mp... So this thing is basically one of them that instantly builds, can produce medics AND you get a commando squad with special abilities for 120mp AND can train the best infantry in the game. So yeah id like to see this glider moved to 600-700 mp.

=========

leleeleleleeleleelel

1100-1200 mp for a commando squad, completely balanced :luvDerp:
26 Sep 2015, 11:38 AM

Better not lose any models either.

Notice how nobody ever mentions how weak the glider is, and how quickly you can kill it with any form of AT power.

Notice how nobody mentions a glider being destroyed by AA before it even reaches the ground.
26 Sep 2015, 11:38 AM

the elimination or the final round of OCF?

if what you meant is elimination round then the obvious answer is the vickers and glider bans due to the bug. the mere chance of your opponent saying "you uses a bug, a demanded a win" really discourage people from using them (except .... theers 1 or 2 players who uses em for the lol in first or second round, i forgot who)

as about the final round it havent started (3 hours cmiiw :D) but I suspect that some top 16 players will use the british since the vick and glider bans is lifted. also another reason that some people will argue why commandos and churcill is auto win and not used in ocf, you can actually look on the remaining Brits commander bans

as for the leig spam, howi spam or other cheesy spam (other than 3-4 basic infantry of each faction of course) . the players left on the ocf will most likely not use 'cheesy spam' tactics as theres reputation to uphold to the community :D

then again i would like to see some adjustment stated by Corsin, as i would actually want to see a tourney without any bans whatsoever (except bulletins ..... they are rather in a grey area)
26 Sep 2015, 11:39 AM

1100-1200 for a commando squad, a air-landing officer squad and a forward retreat-point (which alone costs 450 without the doctrine).

Also if my suggestions on the costs of Infantry sections and their reinforcement cost is carried out, the brits will have ALOT more manpower to play with.

Engage brain before keyboard.
26 Sep 2015, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 11:38 AMDebtCo

the elimination or the final round of OCF?

if what you meant is elimination round then the obvious answer is the vickers and glider bans due to the bug. the mere chance of your opponent saying "you uses a bug, a demanded a win" really discourage people from using them (except .... theers 1 or 2 players who uses em for the lol in first or second round, i forgot who)

as about the final round it havent started (3 hours cmiiw :D) but I suspect that some top 16 players will use the british since the vick and glider bans is lifted. also another reason that some people will argue why commandos and churcill is auto win and not used in ocf, you can actually look on the remaining Brits commander bans

as for the leig spam, howi spam or other cheesy spam (other than 3-4 basic infantry of each faction of course) . the players left on the ocf will most likely not use 'cheesy spam' tactics as theres reputation to uphold to the community :D

then again i would like to see some adjustment stated by Corsin, as i would actually want to see a tourney without any bans whatsoever (except bulletins ..... they are rather in a grey area)

I'm not saying the units are fine, I'm saying how about making the faction viable before you start nerfing everything good they have
26 Sep 2015, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 11:39 AMCorsin

Said the guy who wants commandos to cost 500 mp from the glider
26 Sep 2015, 11:43 AM

I'm not saying the units are fine, I'm saying how about making the faction viable before you start nerfing everything good they have

Half of my suggestions are buffs (rather big ones)... do they not appear on your version of this thread or something?
26 Sep 2015, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 11:39 AMCorsin

1100-1200 for a commando squad, a air-landing officer squad and a forward retreat-point (which alone costs 450 without the doctrine).

Also if my suggestions on the costs of Infantry sections and their reinforcement cost is carried out, the brits will have ALOT more manpower to play with.

Play Brits even once, before engaging keyboard?

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198001130820
26 Sep 2015, 11:45 AM

Play Brits even once, before engaging keyboard?

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198001130820

Ive played about 50 games with them in arranged 2v2s. How else would i know all the costs this fluently :p

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/2/steamid/76561198001130820

26 Sep 2015, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 11:43 AMCorsin

Half of my suggestions are buffs (rather big ones)... do they not appear on your version of this thread or something?

You want to buff IS(while nerfing their damage), bren vickers, mortar pit and maybe the AT gun, while nerfing most other things. That would sure fix every problem they have and make them competetively viable!
26 Sep 2015, 11:49 AM

You want to buff IS(while nerfing their damage), bren vickers, mortar pit and maybe the AT gun, while nerfing most other things. That would sure fix every problem they have and make them competetively viable!

The damage nerf would be TINY, but the MP you would save, and early game presence it would increase would be far worth it.
26 Sep 2015, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 11:45 AMCorsin

Ive played about 50 games with them in arranged 2v2s. How else would i know all the costs this fluently :p

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/2/steamid/76561198001130820

Ok.

I am down with your suggestions, if:

The glider is as durable as OKW t2.
The glider doesn't take damage on impact.
The glider cannot be shot down by AA.
The glider has healing aura.
The glider comes at 1cp.
OKW T2 costs the same as a glider (minus air landing officer cost).

Deal?
26 Sep 2015, 11:54 AM

I dont like the cost 500 Mp in commados.
They are soo much high risk high reward unit then. You sneaky kill 2 panzergrens ? great

You are hit by ugly mortar or hit a mine ? sorry 500 MP down a drain due RNG.

I think they should be 400 MP unit , with DPS of shock troops and with cloak but without rec.accuracy bonus and armor , so they will perform how player will micro em.

And i think PIATS need to be more accurate , and on other thinks i agree with OP (only that british section i would like to be as it is and when it get 5th memeber ther reinforcement cost is decreased to 30 MP - increase cost of upgrade by 5-10 fuel)

Trench should be ostheer one (everyone can go inside)
but then it should not cost 50 MP of course.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★