Login

russian armor

OKW Incendiary grenade needs to be looked at

PAGES (7)down
30 Sep 2015, 02:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah, I'd have to say the range and faster animation justifies the cost as well.

Really, Incen would be just perfect if on Sturmpioneers. Gives SPs a bit of a boost like people tend to want on them, strongly reduces the possibility for Incens catching you by surprise unless your opponent spams SPs (which is, of course, just lolz to even consider) while more than one battle is happening on the map which is the only real issue with them now since the range and quick animations are making Incen proliferation a bit too easy to pull off. The grenade itself is otherwise fine, just a bit too easy to re-enact Script Molotov spam OKW-style on its current unit with its good points over the Molly.

...also I kinda miss Model 24s (which I still think should be buffed a bit).
30 Sep 2015, 03:18 AM

I am fine with the power i guess.. I would like to see either the cost go up to 45 or for it to be tech'd like the motolov.
Vaz
30 Sep 2015, 08:18 AM

I think they are too strong. They kill whole squads pretty damn quick. Why don't they have a timer or longer animation? Something. Sometimes out in the open it's not a problem, but if you get into one of the games bad pathing spots...your toast.
30 Sep 2015, 09:04 AM

If you had the 1 extra second (in the throw animation) it would probably be a lot better
1 Oct 2015, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 11:47 AMbert69

Looking at your playercard while you tell someone to get better "macro(micro) skills"

Can't even take you seriously
1 Oct 2015, 09:38 AM

You judge people by rank, not knowledge.
1 Oct 2015, 11:16 AM

Molotovs and Incendiary grenades shouldn't do damage when exploding in my opinion. They should do consistent damage in the area for 10-20 seconds. They are not grenades that whipe in one burst. They should function as a tool to force the enemy into changing positions.
1 Oct 2015, 13:20 PM

are we talking about this again?
Good.
Give incendiaries to Sturms. (Reasons listed in post #101)
1 Oct 2015, 15:53 PM

I watched one incendiary grenade burn a full health British mortar to the ground. I think that's a bit OP.
1 Oct 2015, 16:43 PM

I watched one incendiary grenade burn a full health British mortar to the ground. I think that's a bit OP.

I disagree. I think the issue is how damage is dealt to Brit emplacements by fire damage. This grenade is really in a good place right now. I find it really well balanced in general.
1 Oct 2015, 17:15 PM

Molotovs also have a very long animation, and are extremely easy to dodge. Not really comparable.

Also doesn't allies inherit lower HP troops cause the OKW's nade to kill much more quickly and effectively? While the Moltov the axis have more of a chance to sit in it and walk out.

I was playing axis last night, and while the molvs hurt if I didn't dodge, it wouldn't typically kill a unit as long as I walked out as soon as it dropped, just dmg health if I was baby sitting them.

If I had to suggest a solution, I say just make it a longer throw time and make it a little cheaper. It doesn't make sense cooking this grenade anyways. Historically was there even a incendiary axis grenade? I googled it, and only found a grenade strapped to a gas can lol.

Also they need to fix the Russian MG. If you throw a incendiary grenade at it now, they keep dropping the MG into the fire until the entire freaking crew dies.

1 Oct 2015, 17:23 PM

all infantry have 80 hp mate except ost and ukf snipers who have 82 hp.

damage wise i believe they are the same.
1 Oct 2015, 17:30 PM

Step 1: Give Incendiary to Sturmpios in exchange for flashbang
Step 2: Give a good received accuracy drop for Sturmpios when getting vet (because no more flash as vet bonus)
Step 3: Fixed 2 problems with 1 change (nade spam and sturmpios are now an alternative for expensive elite infantry)
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit
1 Oct 2015, 18:01 PM

Decrease the amount of dmg they cause over time.
1 Oct 2015, 18:24 PM

I disagree. I think the issue is how damage is dealt to Brit emplacements by fire damage. This grenade is really in a good place right now. I find it really well balanced in general.

That's where I was leaning toward. Versus emplacements, its too much. Even the USF fighting position burns to the ground.

And please bring the warning call, "Grenade!" back when they throw it.

2 Oct 2015, 00:26 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2015, 17:23 PMZyllen
all infantry have 80 hp mate except ost and ukf snipers who have 82 hp.

damage wise i believe they are the same.

and soviet snipers who have 48
2 Oct 2015, 22:04 PM

The Grenade needs to have a longer animation time. Currently it is impossible for weapon teams to retreat due to the death animation loop.
5 Oct 2015, 22:51 PM

Yea, I was having trouble against OKW blobs last night. The incendiary grenade is usually a guaranteed wipe against Maxims because they get stuck in that recrewing loop. Whereas the USF and Axis MGs teleport to the next available person.

My exact experience. I had a 6 squad maxim with just small sliver away from full health and I hit retreat as a flame nade hit me and the lead guy pushing the maxim kept dying and then the gun pauses as a new guy runs to pick it up and long story short they all died and gun was cleared. I am sympathetic to the OKW needing garrison denial tools but I would like to see impact damage reduced and of course they need to fix maxim bugging out where lead crew member died and everyone stops until another runs up
To the gun. Also it definitely has a fast throw time compared to the Molotov who fools nobody with his 6 crow hop delivery looking like weak outfielder.
5 Oct 2015, 23:44 PM

It's a weird idea, but why not keep the Model 24 Grenades with the Volksgrenadiers? However, the Volksgrenadies have access to the Incendiary Grenade at vet 3 or 4.
I'm open for criticism if you guys think it may not work.
6 Oct 2015, 00:00 AM

Permanently Banned
It's a weird idea, but why not keep the Model 24 Grenades with the Volksgrenadiers? However, the Volksgrenadies have access to the Incendiary Grenade at vet 3 or 4.
I'm open for criticism if you guys think it may not work.

I don't think that will work. The whole point was so okw had an option to deal with infantry in buildings, especially in early game where its most important. It does seem a little out of place to put it on volks though. Would rather it be for sturmpioneers. A vet 3-4 incendiary grenade for volks is not whats needed.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS