Login

russian armor

Those stupid leiG spam

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
23 Sep 2015, 03:00 AM

How is "Allies are dominating so ISG isn't overperforming" a valid arguement? I mean come on... ISG can't singlehandedly turn the tide of the overall meta balance. If anything the Con/Rifle Vet 3 buff is contributing more to that. Not to mention all those people abusing the Vickers Bug or soon to be nerfed Rifle Company Flamethrower.

ISG just needs to be toned down. Slight scatter increase, replace Vet 1 Bonus with Smoke barrage. Maybe increase Barrage timer and/or shell speed so that squads and emplacements stop getting nonstop hammered. I understand people not wanting it nerfed to the ground (because Relic neeeever overreacts) but its definitely overbuffed now. OKW-Brit dynamic really needs looking at too because the current ISG-turtling on both sides dynamic is not fun at all.
23 Sep 2015, 03:06 AM
Patrion 28

So your argument for everything is 'doesn't count'.

Think about it for a second, most of the banned stuff is ally related. In a tournament where most of the OP ally stuff is banned, allies are still dominating, auto match doesn't even have the luxury of being able to ban all the OP ally stuff.

So again how is Leig OP if allies are dominating so hard?

just because a faction is weak doesn't mean that faction doesn't have OP stuff.
23 Sep 2015, 05:38 AM

How is "Allies are dominating so ISG isn't overperforming" a valid arguement? I mean come on... ISG can't singlehandedly turn the tide of the overall meta balance. If anything the Con/Rifle Vet 3 buff is contributing more to that. Not to mention all those people abusing the Vickers Bug or soon to be nerfed Rifle Company Flamethrower.

ISG just needs to be toned down. Slight scatter increase, replace Vet 1 Bonus with Smoke barrage. Maybe increase Barrage timer and/or shell speed so that squads and emplacements stop getting nonstop hammered. I understand people not wanting it nerfed to the ground (because Relic neeeever overreacts) but its definitely overbuffed now. OKW-Brit dynamic really needs looking at too because the current ISG-turtling on both sides dynamic is not fun at all.

Because its pretty much saying, a faction already weaker than the other factions should become slightly weaker. Who cares if it overperforms but the other player wins anyway.

Sure Leig spam can be annoying, but really people calling it game breaking and making it seem like beating OKW is impossible because of it despite OKW not doing great.
23 Sep 2015, 06:27 AM

Holyshit, I am talking about LeiG spam up to 5 or even 7, and it is solely happening in team-games.

Dafug how is it related to OCF which is a 1v1 tournament?
1 LeiG is fine, 2 is manageable, 4 is pain in the ass, above 5 is bloody hell.

Please, switch on your brain before it rusts.
23 Sep 2015, 12:14 PM

I have not played a great deal this patch, largely because people are abusing all the broken shit. So I have not real opinion if leig is OP.

But it fucking destroys any chance of having a good game with the instant suppression or pin. It may be manageable on certain maps but most of the time its just a giant aggravation that adds absolutely nothing to the game.

I think it is also compounded if you've got lag because even if you are in control of the squad and try to move it when you hear the pop, your likely to still get hit, instantly suppressing or pinned, which means automatic retreat.

I don't really care how they change it, but the suppression BS has to go!!!!
23 Sep 2015, 12:19 PM

Gun was close to over performing, or was arguably over performing before. Current buffs make it just that much better.

As a reminder to everyone saying "Look at the Pak Howie", Pak Howie comes much later. The ISG, can on some maps, be your 3rd built unit and it is designed this way so that you can start to punish weapon team spam. It is also in a faction with MP float, which the US rarely if ever has. On top of that it is in a faction with cheap and plentiful AT so there is limited chance to hit the guns early with light vehicles. AND, wait there's more, it comes in a faction with FHQ which heals and reinforces so the gun is nigh impossible to kill by ranged units, which always have a shorter range and must come under its fire to attempt to hit it. Even when decrewed, volks can rapidly recrew for cheap. Its range allows it to shell so far back that even if you do decrew it you will never be able to limp the gun back to your lines before your enemy catches up and kills the capturing infantry, if you even have a squad with more than 3 men when you manage to finish off the crew.

Med to ISG is no brainer right now, and that speaks to how much this unit is over performing.

You have forgot something about pack howie: its not covered by flak truck that rape infantry and force lone mediums off before they can kill that gun, also USA cant be defensive to much , so th
they risk more t loose their howie
23 Sep 2015, 12:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Pak howi and LeIg are both oveperforming.
aaa
23 Sep 2015, 13:32 PM

+1 to the topic
23 Sep 2015, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 06:27 AMPorygon
Holyshit, I am talking about LeiG spam up to 5 or even 7, and it is solely happening in team-games.

Dafug how is it related to OCF which is a 1v1 tournament?
1 LeiG is fine, 2 is manageable, 4 is pain in the ass, above 5 is bloody hell.

Please, switch on your brain before it rusts.

team games will never be balanced, the leig is balanced in 1's where it matters.
23 Sep 2015, 14:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

At this rate id be happy with these things only having suppression with the barrage..

So auto fire isn't a ducking 420 no scope suppression trololololol, you would actually have to skillshot to insta pin

24 Sep 2015, 01:15 AM

Just make LeIG and Pack Howitzers like mortars.The LeIG already has 100 range, it don't need the suppression for extra.
remove the pin,make the barrage area a little larger, increase the scatter slightly.
24 Sep 2015, 08:54 AM

This cancerous pudding should be nerfed into nothingness. ISGS hit with every shot and they pin with every shot. It takes 0 skill to use them and it impossible to counter them with infantry. Who the fok thought that turning infantry-based game into arty snorefest was a good idea?

I am sick of playing against isg spam. They are worst thing happen to coh since hmg walls.
24 Sep 2015, 09:00 AM

I personally only get max 2x LeIG, more is just too cheesy. I wouldn't suggest to nerf them completely into the ground, because if that would happen the pack howitzer should be nerfed into nothingness too. The only difference is the range. Increase the scatter by 10%-25% for LeIG AND Pack Howie will do the trick probably.
24 Sep 2015, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 08:54 AMJadame!
This cancerous pudding should be nerfed into nothingness.

Wow, then perhaps remove it from game if it's so bad than nerfing it into oblivion. It would occupy a slot in T2 that could be use to field other unit that maybe will be built.

But then, what can OKW do to answer that BAR spam and other spams? Build a blob also? Ok... if that's what you wish. But allied blob will be > okw blob at any time so what would we win by nerfing it into the ground ?
Don't everybody want combined arms? Nerfing into nothingness will just lead to other cheesee solutions like blobbing back.

I think a price increase will solve the problem.
24 Sep 2015, 09:15 AM

It surely needs a price increase +100 MP and perhaps +1-2 pop cap for it's current state.
24 Sep 2015, 09:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 08:54 AMJadame!
This cancerous pudding should be nerfed into nothingness. ISGS hit with every shot and they pin with every shot. It takes 0 skill to use them and it impossible to counter them with infantry. Who the fok thought that turning infantry-based game into arty snorefest was a good idea?

I am sick of playing against isg spam. They are worst thing happen to coh since hmg walls.

this. Hopeless to play against as brits especially.
24 Sep 2015, 09:33 AM

I mean,does the Leig and pack howitzers really need the pin if the bigger ones like lefh 105 or ml120 don't have a pin to infantry.
just remove the pin then these 2 units are in a good position.Maybe slightly scatter needed for the Leig.Just bring them in line with mortars.
24 Sep 2015, 09:35 AM

If Relic miraculously ever balanced the game they would put themselves out of work with no job. People still don't get it. It's not meant to ever be balanced.
24 Sep 2015, 09:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 09:33 AMatouba
I mean,does the Leig and pack howitzers really need the pin if the bigger ones like lefh 105 or ml120 don't have a pin to infantry.
just remove the pin then these 2 units are in a good position.Maybe slightly scatter needed for the Leig.Just bring them in line with mortars.

Good suggestion, but would also increase the scatter of the Pack howie
24 Sep 2015, 10:01 AM

I just want to know, which member of the Relic design team thought that adding that large a suppression value to an arty gun was a good idea.

Every military tells it's soldiers to move out of the area as soon as artillery is starting to fall. There's an entire section of the current US field manual dictating that should you come under fire from indirect elements (i.e. artillery) that you should move out of the kill zone with due haste.

The only time Arty should be as reliable as the light guns are should be when the opfor units are suppressed.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 35
Mexico 16
unknown 6
Philippines 1
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W