Login

russian armor

How do I attack fortified axis positions as USF

21 Sep 2015, 03:32 AM

Hello everyone, I'd like to know how to deal with mgs or flak buildings which are supported by enemy infantry, I have no trouble with dealing with these when theyre alone but sometimes I cant get my cutoff point or a vital point back because of 1-2 well placed mgs and infantry to stop my infantry from flanking etc.
I have trouble with these positions and lost a few games because I couldnt push the enemy out of the positions, the last game I played I had to fight TWO king tigers in a 1 v 1 match I dont know how he got it I kept on decapping stuff all over the place and killed 2 panzer 4s as well so I guess I wasnt decapping enough ( I still won the game though XD )

I normally like to open up with 4 rifles and then tech up to leut and get an aa half track in my games then attempt to beat my enemy to tanks if Im behind on resources I like to purchase the capt instead

My favorite commanders are airborne and rifle and I tend to have one of these selected in the games I play

21 Sep 2015, 04:08 AM

Hmmmm, personally I'm a practitioner of the fast Lieutenant but Mortar Halftracks could be useful for you if you like going for rifle co. Airborne is less useful but if you use the paratroopers to land behind enemy lines and back cap you could force the infantry away.

With the buff to the M15 if he's not packing AT guns you could grab one quickly and use it to force him off. This can also counter 222 rushes.

>Smoke and Grenades are vital to attacking positions as USF. There's a reason why USF have access to lots of smoke and WP.

>potentially delaying Lieu to get bazookas is possible against if you're not doing to well, at least until actual armour comes out (and bazookas will at least force the armour back (bazooka rear echelons are a decent idea as losses are cheap to replace and it allows your riflemen to focus on the snares).

If you have a replay that I could watch I could give you more specifics on your issues but I reckon a lack of smoke and nades is your main problem.
21 Sep 2015, 05:18 AM

With Rifle Company you can plan your attack as you have flare and then when dealing with flak Hq you can drop the white phorpourus to block the blob from where they are coming(use flare to watch their movement).I usually go for captian because of the M1 75mm Pack Howitzer And AT As I think 75mm helps alot as its suppress their infantry and you can also take out their mg with this and remember to use smoke(he have to reposition everything when you will smoke)
21 Sep 2015, 05:38 AM

Thanks guys I will try the things you mentioned and I will also get a few replays over the next few days so you can have a better understanding of my playstyle
21 Sep 2015, 05:55 AM
Donator 11

Honestly my advice would be to forget the AA HT and instead go for an M20 if you plan on going LT first. The M20 comes out way earlier and has a good window to do enough damage to put both OKW and OH on the backfoot, which means you go into the early-mid game with a map control and resource advantage if you play your cards right. From there you can get a captain to keep 222/puma/whatever at bay while giving yourself access to pack howie (very strong this patch,) AT gun, and stuart which can be all useful in different ways.
21 Sep 2015, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 03:32 AMmedhood
Hello everyone, I'd like to know how to deal with mgs or flak buildings which are supported by enemy infantry, I have no trouble with dealing with these when theyre alone but sometimes I cant get my cutoff point or a vital point back because of 1-2 well placed mgs and infantry to stop my infantry from flanking etc.
I have trouble with these positions and lost a few games because I couldnt push the enemy out of the positions, the last game I played I had to fight TWO king tigers in a 1 v 1 match I dont know how he got it I kept on decapping stuff all over the place and killed 2 panzer 4s as well so I guess I wasnt decapping enough ( I still won the game though XD )

I normally like to open up with 4 rifles and then tech up to leut and get an aa half track in my games then attempt to beat my enemy to tanks if Im behind on resources I like to purchase the capt instead

My favorite commanders are airborne and rifle and I tend to have one of these selected in the games I play

-4 RM into Lieutenant is probably 1 RM too much at start. I assume that if you decap you do it mainly with your RM which isn't a good strategy, it is better to keep your RM for the fighting and build a second squad of RE to harass his territories.
-AAHT is good if you already have the fuel advantage. it is true that now it cost only 50 fuel now (60 before) but still it is a high risk / high reward unit mainly dedicated to support your RM to fight infantry, 1 pak or raken counter it.
-To protect your cutoff or a choke point, you can build a Fighting position. Build it behind a shot blocker so it cannot be attack by a at gun or build some tank traps in the line of fire, they will act as shot blocker.
-If there are a lot of houses, occupy them before your opponent.
21 Sep 2015, 08:32 AM

Make sure you have a Pak Howitzer early on.

If you mean large team games then a priest maybe?

If you mean 1v1, then a pak howi, + easy 8's (They got a hp buff and can absorb a fair bit more damage now, to help crack defensive line).

Dont forget artillery call-ins on various commanders too.

Oh also... dont forget to spam smoke nades on your rifles, to allow you to get closer without taking much damage.
21 Sep 2015, 09:07 AM

I use USF mainly for 1v1's I sometimes use Brits for team games but I still prefer the USF they have better guns and straighter teeth
I sometimes play OKW aswell but I have yet to start 1v1ing as them they're my 2nd favorite faction after USF
So it would be appreciated if the advice could be for 1v1 I should've clarified that in my post :P

P.S I also have a very aggressive play style with USF thats why I dislike mg's as they slow me down my micro is abit bad but its getting better, but I'll upload 3-4 replays of games I play in the next few days so you guys can get a better understanding of whats happening to me and point out where I am failing and how I can counteract it
21 Sep 2015, 09:16 AM

Watch some replays from top 1v1 USF players. Watch and learn.

There are some great casters out there aswell, check you their youtube!

Example I found with one minute of searching on this beautiful site:

21 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

yeah replay would be nice pls... to give you more in depth ideas....giving out General advice to me is worthless.... I mean I could tell you to smoke, attack ground The flak HQ, Use flamer on building , go around,whatever but there's more to it than that, ya know
22 Sep 2015, 02:54 AM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/41406/med A game I lost versus Wehrmacht ( I think I just got out played in it though )
http://www.coh2.org/replay/41407/med In this game I was having trouble early on fighting the Oberkommando ISG and rally wanted to take them out but couldnt

I got two more but I was just fighting a blobber in 1 and in the other I was just running around with Airborne chasing stuff so I think theyre not really worth uploading

In the first one while Im not fighting a fortified I uploaded it cause I lost in it and thought that I should upload a lost

The 2nd I uploaded because I was dealing with the problem I mentioned early on in the game and would like advice on what I shouldve done instead but I still managed to won :)
22 Sep 2015, 22:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'll get around to watching and reviewing both, hopefully tonight... If not tonight then tommoroe afternoon
23 Sep 2015, 03:54 AM

I would recomend you to build a howitzer carrage or pak howitzer to eliminate their place.
23 Sep 2015, 21:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Game 1 vs Ostheer

• You did a good job for the most part controlling that middle VP building..
  • Experiment with a double Rear Echelon INTO 3 rifles build on maps like this; Capping those distant points and securing buildings becomes a lot more fluid when you have a cheap squad to do these things with. INITIALLY. you went for 2 RE's but the second RE timing was off.
  • Good play to force off MG and grens at start
  • Late retreat squad wipes are no bueno
  • Get earlier nades
  • Get skirts on m20 always
  • Lots of wipes around 10 minute mark...you gotta be more careful and aware
  • You needed an ambulance way earlier,and you had the manpower/fuel for one.
  • You're floating way too much at 15 mins... If your fuel income is low, and you have nothing else to buy,get a cache,tech...do something,but dont just sit on low income and manpower float.
  • moar rear ecvehlons...why?
  • Opponent brain farted a bit,he's also floating 1000 manpower and decided to go straight to T4 and you somehow manage to get armor out before him....Massive brain fart on his part.

• do somethin with your mp....seriously. That was difference in this game
  • Your opponent going straight to T4 was pretty awkward....And he basically made it harder on himself.
  • Your opponent played pretty bad,and despite all your misplays you couldve won,but he somehow triple capped you and he won.....

Ugly game...But you can improve upon it. On to game 2
Game 2 vs OKW

• Nice cutoff manuever to start
  • Opponent rushed out the fastest LEIG ive ever seen in 1v1...(LEIGs are OP.)
  • Quite literally no point in engaging a sturm officer blob,and an LEIG supported by a med truck,just go to the other parts of the map until you can get better units out.
  • M20 was a bad choice initially vs what your opponent was doing.
  • Get an AAHT for this type of blobberino spammerino if you insist on going LT
  • Or get a Captain+ Pack howitzer..Oh god..e.specailyl this patch. Both Pack howie and LEIG are really good right now for campy play.
  • the moment you realized your opponent was digging in,you shoudlve put down a cache. Especially vs OKW and their reduced income.
  • nice JP4 Kill though
  • same thing as last game, Again,get caches
  • Dont just drop phospurus for no reason,always follow up.
  • For playing only 10 games as USF,you seem to have a good grasp of things.

So overall as closing notes,when your opponent plays turtle mode,dont attack him directly with frail units...but make his 'breaking' out from from his "shell" difficult.

Like when your OKW enemy in the second replay had two leig,that basically means he cant push against your vetted flamer/bar riflemen at all(Well maybe he can this patch...leig are broken),or for a VERY long time..which means you can lolck down the map/ get caches down,cause attrition damage everytime he tries to push out/ and drain his VP's dramatically,making the entire game a rush for him to break out,which in turn,makes him play sloppy/risky.

Do these points make sense? Again,for having 10 games as USF 1v1,you seem to have quite the grasp already,so dont hold your head down too low. Just practice good habits and youll do fine.
23 Sep 2015, 23:57 PM

Thanks, I'll try what you said I just didnt play enough 1v1's to get a feel of what units to use when certain strategies are used against me and as I said my micro is also abit bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 77
Poland 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment