Login

russian armor

LeIG Support Gun range not needed

18 Sep 2015, 14:06 PM
Donator 11

Relics latest patch as we know switches the useless Hollow charge round for 15% increased range. While this is a neat buff to the gun, I find it rather underwhelming as it is already hard to counter LeIG spam. The range increase is applied to the autofire vs the pak howi which has all of its range built in to the barrage. A suggestion for balance would be to put the increased range into the barrage and increase the scatter like the pak howi to make the increase fair and balance.

It would make the gun less spammy but also allow the unit to get the increased range without taking it away
18 Sep 2015, 15:23 PM

I agree. Leigs are ridiculously powerful this patch. Granted so are Pak howis, but not as badly from what I can see. :foreveralone:
18 Sep 2015, 15:25 PM

Balance? OKW lover don't like balance for allieds, so a dmg buff for vet 2 would be nice :megusta:
18 Sep 2015, 15:25 PM

Their both good, only the survivability of LeIGs is insane
DeC
18 Sep 2015, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 15:23 PMVonIvan
I agree. Leigs are ridiculously powerful this patch. Granted so are Pak howis, but not as badly from what I can see. :foreveralone:
Lol I watched your live game yesterday where you were playing as USF. I know that feeling:romeoPro:
18 Sep 2015, 15:53 PM

the travel time on the shell is definitely too quick

It's very strong. Every OKW player in team games grabs 2 of these ASAP, and it's incredibly obnoxious and drains the fun out of the game

They're also really durable. I figured I'd get an su-76 to counter barrage one, and had 2 shells land almost on top of the gun and they just took minor splash damage.
18 Sep 2015, 16:58 PM

OKW now hard counter Brits in team games from start to end. LEIG increase in range vs no braced emplacements, flame nades vs Vickers mgs, and late game tanks vs nerfed crocks and comets. Arghhhh

Why do they change the Meta so much?
18 Sep 2015, 17:21 PM

All that was needed was a useful, but not OP ability for vet 1.
Smoke barrage would've been fine. I never saw somebody complain about smoke on team weapons being op.
18 Sep 2015, 17:25 PM

OKW now hard counter Brits in team games from start to end. LEIG increase in range vs no braced emplacements, flame nades vs Vickers mgs, and late game tanks vs nerfed crocks and comets. Arghhhh

Why do they change the Meta so much?

And how else do you expect OKW to destroy emplacements in team games? Face check them with our entire army and take massive casualties?
18 Sep 2015, 17:55 PM

I asked Relic on recent stream if they think 115 range might be too much.
They said it's completly fine to give 115 range to leig :foreveralone:
18 Sep 2015, 18:01 PM
Donator 11

Why not just give it a smoke barrage or something? the range is silly due to its extreme potency and ROF
DeC
18 Sep 2015, 18:03 PM

They are OK against USF as 2Xpacks end the game for an OKW player who went T2.

Against brits they are broken and a reducing penetration would solve the issue.
18 Sep 2015, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 18:01 PMMittens
Why not just give it a smoke barrage or something? the range is silly due to its extreme potency and ROF

It's got a lower ROF than the Pack Howi and less AoE. The trade off the Pack Howi makes for (slightly) higher scatter and lower range is having a much better RoF and better AoE.

Both units are in a good place right now.
18 Sep 2015, 21:40 PM
Donator 11

It's got a lower ROF than the Pack Howi and less AoE. The trade off the Pack Howi makes for (slightly) higher scatter and lower range is having a much better RoF and better AoE.

Both units are in a good place right now.

Not sure if I agree. The new unit suppression on both units is extremely frustrating to play against. The reason people are complaining only about leig and not the howie is because the howie typically comes out later, is harder to double up on, and axis doesn't have as much of a manpower bleed (or emplacement) problem that makes leig so useful. Can't always look at units 1v1 in a vacuum imo, as they fight completely different armies.
18 Sep 2015, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 15:23 PMVonIvan
Well pack can't shoot at you from half a map away, behind a flaq truck.
18 Sep 2015, 22:11 PM

Can anyone explain to me why 120 range doctrinal 120mm with long travel time was imbalanced, but 115 range, cheaper, stock LEIG with heat seeking short travel shell is fine again?

And that is before whole suppression on hit thing.
18 Sep 2015, 22:31 PM

They are extremely potent to brits something needs changed with them they wipe engis like crazy if your trying to repair an emplacement and mostly make emplacements useless similiar to how the mortar HT was. Not to mention how much they drain the already MP hungry brit infantry.
18 Sep 2015, 22:34 PM

Two of these literally make up for lack of OKW's HMG's. Just hold some defensive line and these will cover a rather large area...
18 Sep 2015, 23:36 PM
Donator 11

Well pack can't shoot at you from half a map away, behind a flaq truck.

I think this is the fundamental difference. Not only is the ISG basically a setup and forget unit with it's larger range and arc of fire, OKW base buildings basically make a part of the map unassailable (to a point).

The pack is more damaging but it's much more micro intensive and fragile.
19 Sep 2015, 00:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 22:11 PMKatitof
Can anyone explain to me why 120 range doctrinal 120mm with long travel time was imbalanced, but 115 range, cheaper, stock LEIG with heat seeking short travel shell is fine again?

And that is before whole suppression on hit thing.

Spacing on units and ol PS.

At this point, with the damage nerf, i'll rather increase the cost of it, and also give it suppression. Balance it out with RoF and remove the capability to retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★