Login

russian armor

Should Sov and Ost have Forward Retreat Points?

Should OST and SOV get Forward Retreat Point?
Option Distribution Votes
51%
49%
Total votes: 75
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Sep 2015, 01:39 AM

Ok now with the brits added to the game, 3 of the 5 factions have forward retreat points (FRP). Leaving just the OST and Sov without. Now in a one v ones this is not a big deal (until you play on some 2v2 maps). But, in larger team games and larger maps the advantage that is gained from FRP cant be denied.

There is not much to really say as to why the OST or Sov shouldn't have a FRP. What are your thoughts?

As for how this can be achieved, I think we should look at the OST, and Sov halftracks. I say add a 120 ammo upgrade, that gives the half tracks the ability to lock down and have units retreat to it. Also they will get the same AOE heal that the ambience for USF has.

Anyone else have another idea for how the OST and Soviet FRP.
17 Sep 2015, 02:00 AM

I think Ostheer's forward point should be the Command Bunker, would give incentive to actually build it. I'm not sure what Soviets could have, I was going to suggest a Commissar with ZiS-5 Truck, but that's just a carbon copy of USF.

Maybe a ZiS-5 with that can 'lock down' like the Opel Blitz, but instead will deploy Medics (healing) and Commissar (retreat).
17 Sep 2015, 02:08 AM

Ost and sov have halftrack, The USF, OKW, and UKF don't.

17 Sep 2015, 02:09 AM

I think Ostheer's forward point should be the Command Bunker, would give incentive to actually build it. I'm not sure what Soviets could have, I was going to suggest a Commissar with ZiS-5 Truck, but that's just a carbon copy of USF.

Maybe a ZiS-5 with that can 'lock down' like the Opel Blitz, but instead will deploy Medics (healing) and Commissar (retreat).

Bunker for Ost sounds cool.

Zis-5 truck for Soviets doesnt sound too bad - in my mind, it would be like how vCoH brit trucks worked in that it drives to connected territory, and it deloys itself a small HQ with toggleable retreat and Medics around as mentioned. Basically just what you mentioned. :P

Dont know whether or not it should be allowed to relocate.
17 Sep 2015, 02:40 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The fewer forward retreat points the better. I would prefer no army has them.
17 Sep 2015, 05:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2015, 02:40 AMTobis
The fewer forward retreat points the better. I would prefer no army has them.

So just leave two armies gimped???????????? FRP are not going any were so.
17 Sep 2015, 05:32 AM

OKW are the only faction with out a Halftrack. Both the USF and UKF have halftrack in commanders, and the usf also have ambos
17 Sep 2015, 05:36 AM
Donator 11

The logical forward retreat point for Ostheer is the command bunker, and for the Sovjets the forward headquarters, which is a commander ability, but it is better than nothing.
17 Sep 2015, 05:37 AM

OKW are the only faction with out a Halftrack. Both the USF and UKF have halftrack in commanders, and the usf also have ambos

both the ht for USF and UKF are locked behind DLC commander.

USF ambulances lack the ability to reinforce in enemy territory, and are fragile and slow.

SOV and ost HT can survive being near the frontline and provide reinforcement in neutral or enemy territory.

The forward assembly is a giant paper target and frankly the 300 mp upgrade is not worth it. It's too easily destroyed for the upgrade to be worthwhile. At least the medical truck is durable.
17 Sep 2015, 05:41 AM

Technically OKW has the most Half-Tracks, just none they can reinforce from :romeoHairDay:
17 Sep 2015, 06:06 AM

both the ht for USF and UKF are locked behind DLC commander.

USF ambulances lack the ability to reinforce in enemy territory, and are fragile and slow.

SOV and ost HT can survive being near the frontline and provide reinforcement in neutral or enemy territory.

The forward assembly is a giant paper target and frankly the 300 mp upgrade is not worth it. It's too easily destroyed for the upgrade to be worthwhile. At least the medical truck is durable.

still the fact that brits can place a FRP is a huge advantage on large maps. I still feel that the HT are not equal to FRP. Granted i would just like for all FRP to be taken out of the game, and if brits didn't have a FRP then relic would of shared this view. But, seeing that the Britsh have a FRP we can understand Relic view on them.

The patch is going to make HT either a unit that cant really fight, but can just reinforce front line unit, or have weapon upgrade. This in my eye will make the HT less appalling for forward reinforcement roles.

Really if they wanted HT front line reinforcement the "and " thing that the OST and SOV have going for them. they would of made it to were all FRP's could reinforce while unite are either A. in combat or B. not in frendly territory.
17 Sep 2015, 06:08 AM

I think yes they should, but in such a way that it wouldn't be an appealing investment unless there were huge distances like in bigger non-1v1 maps.

Example: Mp for bunker + muni upgrade for command bunker + mp upgrade for forward retreat point. It's not appealing because it is a large investment for a flimsy bunker, but it's still something I could see someone getting on larger maps.
17 Sep 2015, 06:44 AM

I think we should keep armies' diversity so no, I won't agree with FRP to everyone. Diversity is good and one of the things that make this game different. So my vote will be no.
17 Sep 2015, 07:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2015, 06:44 AMJohnnyB
I think we should keep armies' diversity so no, I won't agree with FRP to everyone. Diversity is good and one of the things that make this game different. So my vote will be no.

There's a difference between diversity and large advantages though. The original factions lack the long-term staying power of all the new factions.
17 Sep 2015, 07:08 AM

No, god, no.

Forward retreats encourage blobbing and camping, I don't want this kind of playstyle to be dominant and forward retreat points are way too good of an utility unless easily assaulted and dispatched.

We don't need more armies with features that makes retreating and blobbing into HMGs less punishing.
17 Sep 2015, 07:19 AM

It's correct that they have their halftracks. The problem which those units have, is that they don't have a retreat point ability. So at a point that you HAVEto retreat, you will have to come back from your starting area, which the other 3 factions doesn't have to do.

So because of that I've voted yes.
17 Sep 2015, 07:34 AM

nah, is annoying for 4v4 but l2p
17 Sep 2015, 07:56 AM

It would be for the best if no faction had this ability.
17 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM
Donator 11

Does not matter in 1vs1
17 Sep 2015, 09:05 AM

Give it to all, or remove from USF UKF and WFA.
Simple.
FRP is huge advtange on big maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight