Login

russian armor

Mines and Americans.

14 Sep 2015, 21:21 PM

I've seen mine-demo charge combos, and mines 1-hitting a near death IS-2, but has anyone ever mined dropped weapons and/or behind or in front of abandoned tanks?

Also, does anyone ever actually dig in and hold the line using Infantry Company Riflemen Defenses and Fighting Position Spam? It sounds effective if you want to do a Sherman spam.
14 Sep 2015, 21:30 PM

I've seen mine-demo charge combos, and mines 1-hitting a near death IS-2, but has anyone ever mined dropped weapons and/or behind or in front of abandoned tanks?

Also, does anyone ever actually dig in and hold the line using Infantry Company Riflemen Defenses and Fighting Position Spam? It sounds effective if you want to do a Sherman spam.

no because defending with usf is literally impossible
14 Sep 2015, 21:31 PM

riflemen defenses mines are currently bugged, so they aren't very useful now. And spamming fighting positions isn't usually a good idea as they are easily countered. you get maybe two at most.

Infantry company allows you to be a bit more defensive then you usually would, but at the end of the day it's still USF and you have to be aggressive.
14 Sep 2015, 21:33 PM

I've never even thought of mining dropped weapons and guns.
Gonna have to try that some time, see if the possible wipe is worth not grabbing it myself.
14 Sep 2015, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 21:33 PMHawking
I've never even thought of mining dropped weapons and guns.
Gonna have to try that some time, see if the possible wipe is worth not grabbing it myself.
I like putting mines on abandoned AT guns. If it's low health you might just wipe a squad and destroy the gun as well.
14 Sep 2015, 21:39 PM
Donator 11

I haven't tried that particular strategy but to be honest it sounds like you'd be digging your own grave. You'd be spending time, resources, and map control to dig in and prolong the game when that is exactly what you want to avoid as USF
14 Sep 2015, 21:42 PM

If you snowball into lategame fighting positions are ok to protect vps with.

If you go heavy re build a fp overlooking a major building can also be good.
14 Sep 2015, 21:55 PM

riflemen defenses mines are currently bugged, so they aren't very useful now. And spamming fighting positions isn't usually a good idea as they are easily countered. you get maybe two at most.

Infantry company allows you to be a bit more defensive then you usually would, but at the end of the day it's still USF and you have to be aggressive.

Bugged how? All I saw using them was it was low damage, but I didnt see if enemy was clumped or spread when the squad tripped the mine.
14 Sep 2015, 22:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 21:55 PMJewdo

Bugged how? All I saw using them was it was low damage, but I didnt see if enemy was clumped or spread when the squad tripped the mine.
They are still the light AT mine, despite looking like a regular mine. On top of that they cost 40 muni to lay even one.
14 Sep 2015, 22:27 PM

True... However, what if one was to do this as the Brits? Dig in to a set position and place mines everywhere? It was effective on COH1, but I haven't really tried it on COH2
15 Sep 2015, 06:32 AM

They are still the light AT mine, despite looking like a regular mine. On top of that they cost 40 muni to lay even one.

Infantry activates the riflemen mines though. I use the doctrine, as well as airborne and rifle company, but I am starting to dislike the faction. I wish USF had non doctrinal AI mines and a sniper.
15 Sep 2015, 06:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 06:32 AMJewdo

Infantry activates the riflemen mines though. I use the doctrine, as well as airborne and rifle company, but I am starting to dislike the faction. I wish USF had non doctrinal AI mines and a sniper.
Like I said they are bugged. They linked it to the wrong mine's stats. So they still have the light AT mine's stats.
15 Sep 2015, 06:57 AM

I just don't like the mines, why in the world are Americans planting Soviet TM-35s? They couldn't make them a patch of M7's or M6's?
15 Sep 2015, 16:04 PM

I just don't like the mines, why in the world are Americans planting Soviet TM-35s? They couldn't make them a patch of M7's or M6's?

Have to agree, technically speaking the M7 mine could be detonated by infantry which could of been implemented with no AOE just kills the model that triggered it -cost raised to 10/15 muni.

Alternatively I think it should of remained as a cluster of 3 that would daze a crew for 2 seconds slowing the vehicle down. What they went for - removing and replacing it was silly.

Now how am I Supposed to get a self detonating demo trap for 95 muni?
15 Sep 2015, 17:16 PM

The new USF mines are even worse than the old ones. :foreveralone:
15 Sep 2015, 18:34 PM

German OST should have the same mines as every other faction, not this 60 muni mine field type crap
16 Sep 2015, 02:55 AM

Has anyone even tried mining dropped weapons yet? It would be useful if you floating on munis.
16 Sep 2015, 03:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 17:16 PMVonIvan
The new USF mines are even worse than the old ones. :foreveralone:

They changed the icon, size, and cost but not the damage. It performs like the old 5 muni mine.
16 Sep 2015, 04:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 03:45 AMGrumpy

They changed the icon, size, and cost but not the damage. It performs like the old 5 muni mine.

isnt that just a bug? they should be getting regular mines
16 Sep 2015, 04:09 AM

I was under the assumption they would use the american made M6 mines the brits already use.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★