Login

russian armor

Mines and Americans.

16 Sep 2015, 04:11 AM

I was under the assumption they would use the american made M6 mines the brits already use.

I don't know if it's fixed in the final patch, but in the balance patch it used the Soviet Mine model.
16 Sep 2015, 04:18 AM

I don't know if it's fixed in the final patch, but in the balance patch it used the Soviet Mine model.
Well that seems silly considering there is already a american mine in-game that has the same exact stats. They probably just didn't think it through.
16 Sep 2015, 05:27 AM

I've seen mine-demo charge combos, and mines 1-hitting a near death IS-2, but has anyone ever mined dropped weapons and/or behind or in front of abandoned tanks?

Also, does anyone ever actually dig in and hold the line using Infantry Company Riflemen Defenses and Fighting Position Spam? It sounds effective if you want to do a Sherman spam.

The mine-demo is pretty good.

I've never seen anyone successfully spam fighting positions. They're good for the first engagement (see Lemon's guide to USF), but suck after that. One of the problems is that AT weapons like PAK's do full damage, as if a machine gun nest is the same as a tank. In short, they have a life span of about 6 seconds starting when a PAK takes its first shot. They'd be much better if the hit size was tiny for direct fire weapons.

Also, any grenade thrown into a fighting position will wipe whatever squad is inside.
16 Sep 2015, 05:38 AM
Patrion 14

Fighting positions are a must have on maps light Faymonville and Arnhem. They give you free grenade dispensers, which ensure that buildings cannot be used by enemies. They are also useful on 2v2s to lock down a fuel point (don't need RE in them for this job).

The mine though, is the best part of the changes. USF NEEDS the cheap anti-everything mine to help themselves transition into the defensive lategame their fragile units demand.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★