Login

russian armor

Improving USF ..

9 Sep 2015, 09:11 AM

-Give White Phosphrous ability for shermans.(Stuns enemy tanks for while so sherman can flank and destroy it more easily.)
-M4A3 105 HEAT shell ability (105 Sherman fires HEAT shell on targeted tank,its can give critical damage enemy tank also stuns the crew.)
-MK2 Pineapple upgrade needs to be deleted(Come on,its a grenade? Its one of basic tools of any soldier.)
-M4A3 76 from Ardennes Assault should added to multiplayer.
-USF should get a effective end game unit like a M4A3E2 Jumbo or M26 Pershing.
(If its topic created in a wrong section,im sorry.Im new to the forum.)

9 Sep 2015, 09:48 AM

-M4A3 105 HEAT shell ability (105 Sherman fires HEAT shell on targeted tank,its can give critical damage enemy tank also stuns the crew.)
-M4A3 76 from Ardennes Assault should added to multiplayer.
-USF should get a effective end game unit like a M4A3E2 Jumbo

Agree with these. The first one actually sounds pretty fun. Second one should be a stock unit in Captain Tier (alongside 75mm Sherman). Lastly, I always support Jumbo and would love to see it in a doctrine alongside Rangers.
9 Sep 2015, 09:54 AM

I disagree with the White Phosphorus stun on the basis that stuns are a terrible game mechanic. A better solution is that the White Phosphorus disables turret rotation.

A HEAT shell for the M4A3 105 giving a critical effect would be more than enough. Stuns are a bad mechanic and no side should gave them.

The 76mm Sherman should just be a Unit Upgrade like the 50 cal. It should loose it's HE switch should it do this.

The USF does not need a new end game unit but simply for it's riflemen to scale better into the late game.
9 Sep 2015, 10:02 AM

The 76mm Sherman should just be a Unit Upgrade like the 50 cal. It should loose it's HE switch should it do this.

I disagree with this on the principal that it makes about as much sense as upgrading a T-34/76 to a T-34/85. It's not something that could be done in the field because you need to replace the entire turret as well as make modifications to the hull so the new turret can even attach and function.

Afaik only the Jumbo could upgrade from 75mm to 76mm, because the Jumbo used the same turret regardless, so you only needed to switch the gun. It helps that the Jumbo was designed to use the 76mm Gun and 75mm's were only build because of 76mm shortages.
9 Sep 2015, 10:10 AM

I disagree with this on the principal that it makes about as much sense as upgrading a T-34/76 to a T-34/85. It's not something that could be done in the field because you need to replace the entire turret as well as make modifications to the hull so the new turret can even attach and function.

Afaik only the Jumbo could upgrade from 75mm to 76mm, because the Jumbo used the same turret regardless, so you only needed to switch the gun. It helps that the Jumbo was designed to use the 76mm Gun and 75mm's were only build because of 76mm shortages.

The turret of an M4A3 would not need to be replaced to bring it up to M4A3 (76)W status. This would only be required if it was an M4A1
9 Sep 2015, 10:29 AM

But but, I already use 76mm shermans and white phosfor every game. The commander is called "Rifle company" You can also shoot WP with the pack howie. Wich is emazing this patch.

KappaKappaMVGame
9 Sep 2015, 10:49 AM

The turret of an M4A3 would not need to be replaced to bring it up to M4A3 (76)W status. This would only be required if it was an M4A1

The in-game model begs to differ:

9 Sep 2015, 11:14 AM

Thanks for replys guys.Im glad someone is agreed with me.
9 Sep 2015, 11:16 AM

But but, I already use 76mm shermans and white phosfor every game. The commander is called "Rifle company" You can also shoot WP with the pack howie. Wich is emazing this patch.

KappaKappaMVGame

True but im talking about different.Sherman launches a WP.And M4A3 76 is different from M4A3E8.It will be non doctrinal.
9 Sep 2015, 11:18 AM

I disagree with the White Phosphorus stun on the basis that stuns are a terrible game mechanic. A better solution is that the White Phosphorus disables turret rotation.

A HEAT shell for the M4A3 105 giving a critical effect would be more than enough. Stuns are a bad mechanic and no side should gave them.

The USF does not need a new end game unit but simply for it's riflemen to scale better into the late game.

Yeah turret rotation is awesome idea too.Agreed on 76 upgrade.
9 Sep 2015, 11:37 AM

The in-game model begs to differ:

While I was about to argue at first, after looking up some more details online I do stand corrected. While there are some accounts of base turrets being upgraded in field to 76mm they were incredibly rare. 1 for every 1000.

I do however think that the 76mm should be an upgrade even if it is not entirely historically correct. It is a video game where things are balanced after all.
9 Sep 2015, 12:18 PM

Stock Jumbo?
9 Sep 2015, 12:44 PM

I really like the HEAT idea.

And imo you could give the mechanized company the M4A3 76w, it would make the commander more viable.
9 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 12:18 PMUGBEAR
Stock Jumbo?

To me,i want a Jumbo with a 76 mm gun,but to relic it will too "unbalanced",so if they gonna make a jumbo,they gonna make a 75 mm gun version.
9 Sep 2015, 13:06 PM

I really like the HEAT idea.

And imo you could give the mechanized company the M4A3 76w, it would make the commander more viable.

Yeah its gives a 105 chance aganist the heavier tanks.
That commander is useless right now,if they want a commander useful,they have to replace the M8 Greyhound with M4A3 76(but costs more CP of course) and but M8 Greyhound to T1.

(Also Zansibar mate,i love your videos they so funny :D Keep up the good work :D )
9 Sep 2015, 13:54 PM

Yeah its gives a 105 chance aganist the heavier tanks.
That commander is useless right now,if they want a commander useful,they have to replace the M8 Greyhound with M4A3 76(but costs more CP of course) and but M8 Greyhound to T1.

(Also Zansibar mate,i love your videos they so funny :D Keep up the good work :D )

I think you are having Recon company in your mind, i was talking about Mechanized company.

And thanks :D
9 Sep 2015, 14:50 PM

I think you are having Recon company in your mind, i was talking about Mechanized company.

And thanks :D

Yeah you are right :D I forget their ability sometimes
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 52
South Africa 1
Germany 22
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W