Login

russian armor

Brit-like redesign for outdated commanders

9 Sep 2015, 07:59 AM

Also zis camo may finally see use.

I forgot ZiS Camo was a thing so when I read this post, I thought you were talking about the bug where applying Three Color Leningrad Front applied the pattern to the ZiS gun, while also giving the B-4 German Late War Factory Pattern.
9 Sep 2015, 07:59 AM
Patrion 28

zis camo needs to actually work instead of the infantry shooting things.
Hux
9 Sep 2015, 08:01 AM
Patrion 14

Great ideas

Relic should really use their metric system to give the community a list of the most underused abilities so that they can be amalgamated/swapped into different commanders. They've done pretty well listening to the community as of late and this could really revitalise the commander system with some good discussion

Wp
9 Sep 2015, 08:14 AM

Old Commanders and units abilities absolutely need reworking and buffs or changes to create more options. For all factions but primarily Ost and Sov.
9 Sep 2015, 09:50 AM

+1 Yes, please make other commanders viable.
9 Sep 2015, 13:59 PM

Of curse they should. What is the point of having many commanders and not use most of them because they are shi.!
9 Sep 2015, 14:15 PM

Would be great to see some things work out together in 1 point, since there are doctrines that use 1/2 abilities that I like and the rest is completely shit or it takes just too many spots of the doctrine so that you can't have a strong late game and stuff.
9 Sep 2015, 14:29 PM

There is a lot of overlap for the vanilla commanders, they could use some clearing up.
9 Sep 2015, 14:31 PM

All very good suggestions Talore! In fact I've been thinking of something very similar for some time now, which ultimately led me to make some sketches of a total redesign of the factions, something along the lines of having only 3 (-max 5) commanders per faction with truly unique abilities and zero overlap with changes to core armies themselves. Might make a thread about it one of these days, but even with these suggestions the game would be so much better.
9 Sep 2015, 14:36 PM
10 Sep 2015, 02:32 AM

10 Sep 2015, 04:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 08:14 AMRogers
Old Commanders and units abilities absolutely need reworking and buffs or changes to create more options. For all factions but primarily Ost and Sov.

Biggest rework in the game is US Veteran vehicle crews.

Dat worthless 90 munition thompson upgade... lolol
10 Sep 2015, 08:43 AM

Hi,

Relief Infantry
in general abilities like "Relif Infantry" would make more sense for Soviet Union wouldn't it? Heavy losses replaced by concripts. That would make indeed sense, but a manpower starving (reallife) Germany having Relif Infantry is wierd. Wouldn't that make sense for the No Retreat No Surrender commandr? o_O

SdKfz 250
It is so fucking expensive, armor is not really there and it does not even have an frontal MG like nondoctrinal units like M3. I would say, give it a armor buff to M3 level and an MG42 facing front (like in CoH1) And i am not talking about reinforcing like OP Quad :P

Soviet Industry
I like your idea of folding repair station with vehicle crew repair. I think this is a doctrine where the old CoH1 ability would make sense -> Allied War Machinery. You can pump out T34-76 and if you lose them you get replacements. That is Soviet Industry.

Flak Emplacement
Again, make it like in CoH1. It can vet up and is able to hit something. Bofors is so fucking awesome and this emplacement is not hitting the broadside of a barn, just shooting 3meters in front of it into the ground dealing nothing. Would be nice if it could not be sniped and at least effective.

Heat Shells
I think they are nuts. Replace them with Panzergranate 40 APCR? Heat Shells would make sense on long range due to the hollow charge, ingame they are so bad due to the low velocity.

Scavenge Doctrine
What is the Ostwind for? I got a Luchs that i prefer - but that is just me - a Wirbelwind would be another thing...

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★