Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/08/2015

PAGES (18)down
10 Sep 2015, 04:37 AM

Well this thread has gone to shit.

Relic! Attention! Where are my Bears? I can't find them! This game; I can't even Bear it.

10 Sep 2015, 05:08 AM

The Anti-Building Flame Mortar Support for Royal Engineer Regiment is now incredibly situational now. It no longer attacks OKW structures when LOS is attained. 100MU is incredibly steep in its current form.
10 Sep 2015, 05:52 AM

The Anti-Building Flame Mortar Support for Royal Engineer Regiment is now incredibly situational now. It no longer attacks OKW structures when LOS is attained. 100MU is incredibly steep in its current form.

It wasn't intended to do that anyway. 100MU is a hell of a bargain to wipe someone's tech.
10 Sep 2015, 06:12 AM

UC makes for a bad sniper hunter. The UC's top speed is 5.8. A sniper on retreat runs at 5.0. The UC can't really catch up to the sniper if the sniper got a head start.

Also, the 50% bonus accuracy is only on the UC's vicker upgrade, not the default bren gun. You need to risk 210mp 15 fuel 60 mu in order to have a decent chance of killing the sniper.
10 Sep 2015, 07:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 04:37 AMNapalm
Well this thread has gone to shit.

Relic staff start to follow a thread and answer question... and the thread is infested with unrelated (and pointless) historical arguments and personal attacks. Reminds me of another forum...
10 Sep 2015, 07:25 AM

The JT has always been cheaper to get than a KT. You often dont need T4 if you're not planning to get the luch or panther, since Obers can be supplemented by panzerfusilers.

Now the JT is cheaper than the KT fuel wise outside of teching considerations. This doesnt make any sense; the JT is a much bigger beast than KT irl.

The KT needs some price buff to 230 fuel. It's not used much anymore. The JT also needs to require tech like the KT. It's way too easy to get a JT in comparison.

The range increase seems to be for consistency to bring it in line with the Tiger range increase. The range increases are fine, but the IS2 logically needs a range and damage increase (122mm gun vs 88mm gun) too.

10 Sep 2015, 07:33 AM

I would like to point out one extremely important thing.

So relic buffed UC to have 50% better accuracy against sniper.
That is cool, but vanila UC will still have terrible accuracy against it and wasp just gets 50% dmg decrease, meaning 50% accuracy increase is irrelevant compared to current performance vs sniper.

And I still wonder if relic knows that grens have faust by default.
10 Sep 2015, 08:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 00:38 AM$nuffy

I never pretended I wasn't. It's just that the Allied bias is flooding these boards it's insane.

There's plenty of bias from both sides on these forums. Too much if you ask me
10 Sep 2015, 08:20 AM

It wasn't intended to do that anyway. 100MU is a hell of a bargain to wipe someone's tech.

I never stated that wiping someone's tech should be the abilities intent. The ability currently does absolutely nothing to anything but crewed buildings and bunkers. It should function as incendiary bombing strike/artillery barrage that does DOT on all enemy structures within the AOE with LOS. It's again, incredibly situational and expensive for what it does/does not do in the balance pack.
10 Sep 2015, 08:23 AM
Donator 22

Thank god for this patch because Brits are so utterly broken vs. OKW ATM its sickening.
10 Sep 2015, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 07:33 AMKatitof

That is cool, but vanila UC will still have terrible accuracy against it and wasp just gets 50% dmg decrease, meaning 50% accuracy increase is irrelevant compared to current performance vs sniper.

that 50% accuracy buff isn't even on the default bren gun, it's on the vicker upgrade.
10 Sep 2015, 11:41 AM

so this wasnt mentioned before, but the Special Weapons Regiments Arty ability (concentrated fire operation) drops 5 railway-gun-ish shells. if you aim it at an okw truck its old the 155mm (from the USF commander) problem all over again.
i tried repairing it inbetween the shots with a vet 3 sturm.... all to no avail. you could keep a vehicle close to the truck and pray it hits the vehicle twice so your truck might live, but thats just a silly way to counter it (risking the vehicle and such...)
its another great 1-use-to-kill-okw-trucks ability that should be fixed (like they fixed the 155mm)
10 Sep 2015, 11:55 AM

I wish the Panzerwerfer change would be implemented for all on map artillery units in the game.

Suppression for all of them, lower (but more wide spread consistent) damage to make them actual support weapons instead of "lol i barrage base and either kill full units or do nothing at all-units".

Temporary vehicle crits could be used once a vehicle is hit by artillery as well to compensate for the lower damage.
10 Sep 2015, 12:35 PM

I wish the Panzerwerfer change would be implemented for all on map artillery units in the game.

Suppression for all of them, lower (but more wide spread consistent) damage to make them actual support weapons instead of "lol i barrage base and either kill full units or do nothing at all-units".

Temporary vehicle crits could be used once a vehicle is hit by artillery as well to compensate for the lower damage.

It could be a problem because other then the Panzerwerfer they dont shoot all thier shells at once + they have longer range then the Panzerwerfer. Could easyly base lock infantry if they constantly get suppressed.

Imo they could do something similar with democharges and Goliaths (once released).

Nerf the dmg AoE from 6 to 4, but add infantry and vehicle stun in an AoE of 9 this way it would be more of an support then I wipe your sqauds ability.
10 Sep 2015, 12:54 PM

It could be a problem because other then the Panzerwerfer they dont shoot all thier shells at once + they have longer range then the Panzerwerfer.

Not sure if this is a problem, itd simply enhance their area denial role.

Could easyly base lock infantry if they constantly get suppressed.

That is true for long barrages I agree, but then again: Is it better to lose your infantry or have it temporarily crawl out of base? :D

Imo they could do something similar with democharges and Goliaths (once released).

Nerf the dmg AoE from 6 to 4, but add infantry and vehicle stun in an AoE of 9 this way it would be more of an support then I wipe your sqauds ability.

I like that idea, infantry stun could work well with those abilities/units
10 Sep 2015, 13:18 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 07:33 AMKatitof

10 Sep 2015, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2015, 18:37 PMbC_

I would also like to add that in order to take advantage of the weapon range you will still need units to sight for it as their sight has not been changed.

Again if it turns out to be OpieOP we can either revert or make adjustment hence why we are doing le mod. No Kappa.

Apart from that the second you fire on it you will be revealed, allowing it to return fire.

I don't really understand why you want tank destroyers to struggle against the Tiger II, allies should use TD's to take it out, axis should use other platforms to knock out the TDs. So if they can't do that effectively then buff the anti TD units, specifically the raketen.

You spent the last two patches trying to encourage combined arms, you still regularly see heavy tanks in games so whats the problem? Just nerf the stuff thats too good and buff the stuff that isn't used.
10 Sep 2015, 14:01 PM

Revert Comet change plz......it's way too expensive for what it does, and after patch I think all competitive player will go Churchill now.
10 Sep 2015, 14:26 PM
Patrion 14

Between the Gammon bomb and comet nerfs, hammer looks much less appealing compared to Anvil now. Literally just has war speed going for it.
10 Sep 2015, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 14:01 PMUGBEAR
Revert Comet change plz......it's way too expensive for what it does, and after patch I think all competitive player will go Churchill now.

+1

Especially when you consider the new additional Teching costs they added to Hammer/Anvil specialization. Playing the new Comet in the Mod now feels like an Easy Eight with slightly better AI (though with .50 Cal E8 closes the gap) and yet the Easy Eight costs quite a bit less fuel when you include teching I do believe and arrives faster.

If anything keep the Teching Cost increase but decrease the cost of the Comet close to the Churchill - this puts it in Easy Eight cost realm, fixes the "players are rushing for Comet" problem Relic wants to fix, and the symmetry in cost doesn't encourage players to pick Anvil over Hammer.

I feel like the Wasp was overnerfed too, but thats another story.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS