Login

russian armor

25 pounder of the British army

8 Sep 2015, 11:23 AM

They are for free and non doctrinal .... you can't make them better or as good as ML20 / LeFH. Since they don't cost resources and don't take popcap.

ML20/LeFH don't cost munition when they fire, they also don't leave a obvious smoke mark long before the shells land. 25pd should be compared to off map arty, not on-map ones.
8 Sep 2015, 11:35 AM

It's good for being free, it would be shit if it actually takes popcap/manpower/fuel.

The only thing that could use a buff in its current state is the range of the smoke grenades tommies throw.

This^. Give the Tommies better range for their flare throw. The sniper can call it in at
Vet 1, but doesn't he have a longer throw range?

The arty is free and the ability is cheap, 40 munis is fairly cheap for such a large area denial effect.

I could mabye see the arty getting better accuracy if you target a map building (not OKW truck that would be OP) to better allow the Brits to knock people out of strongholds.
8 Sep 2015, 11:52 AM

ML20/LeFH don't cost munition when they fire, they also don't leave a obvious smoke mark long before the shells land. 25pd should be compared to off map arty, not on-map ones.

And they can be actually destroyed and no longer build in base.
8 Sep 2015, 12:20 PM

Sexton: "What is AoE?"

And I will reply "What is Range?" :foreveralone:
8 Sep 2015, 12:29 PM

I have to wonder if the real purpose behind this ability is to simply create light cover for your Infantry Sections as they advance on the enemy with their "Mad Minute" shooting skills. At least it's a reliable way of doing so. :P
8 Sep 2015, 12:30 PM

I have to wonder if the real purpose behind this ability is to simply create light cover for your Infantry Sections as they advance on the enemy with their "Mad Minute" shooting skills. At least it's a reliable way of doing so. :P

Hahaha, maybe they should rename it to "use bombs to create random cover" :D
8 Sep 2015, 13:13 PM
Senior Caster Badge

They're incredibly negligible. You can run through the smoke and it's rare you'll lose models or see it blow up a garrison. The throw range is too low, the scatter is too much and the gap inbetween shots is high. It definitely needs a small buff, but important not to overdo it.
8 Sep 2015, 13:26 PM

Hahaha, maybe they should rename it to "use bombs to create random cover" :D

Now that you mention it... this might actually be required for brits to be valid on certain maps.

This reminds me of time where it was more time efficient to bombard Ost minefield with mortar then send CEs with sweeper there :foreveralone:
8 Sep 2015, 13:31 PM

The base 25 Pounders scatter is the same as the other howitzers (with the exception of the Priest), it's basically an LefH but in your base with slightly worse AoE (which is an excellent example of why the LefH isn't very good).
8 Sep 2015, 14:14 PM

The base 25 Pounders scatter is the same as the other howitzers (with the exception of the Priest), it's basically an LefH but in your base with slightly worse AoE (which is an excellent example of why the LefH isn't very good).

LEFH so bad, infantry lethal aoe only a bit over twice as big with faster firing :guyokay:

8 Sep 2015, 14:14 PM

From what i read, Sexton call-in were actually 2 Guns and some spotters in alpha ? Would explain their miserable, awefull, utter crap performance -.- 90 fuel for this thing is a joke.

The base howis have some uses once u got anvil with the airburst strike, till then they are just fancy munitions sink for the wicked. i am not convinced any of the brit arty actually does 160 dmg ?
8 Sep 2015, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2015, 14:14 PMCruzz

howitzer_105mm_gun_mp 6.625 secs per shot
2.0: 160 4.0: 56 6.0: 8 80dmg: 3.538
152mm_m-30_mp 7.125 secs per shot
2.0: 160 4.0: 24 6.0: 8 80dmg: 3.176
qf_25lb_howitzer_coordinated_fire_he_shell_base_mp 7.925 secs per shot
1.5: 160 3.0: 24 4.5: 8 80dmg: 2.382

LEFH so bad, infantry lethal aoe only a bit over twice as big with faster firing :guyokay:

My statement that the LefH isn't very good is consistent with the fact the base howitzer is worse. But atleast the base howitzer isn't as big of an investment.

To elaborate the Lefh doesn't really have a point versus USF or Sov and versus Brits the mortar is much better at killing emplacements
8 Sep 2015, 14:23 PM

From what i read, Sexton call-in were actually 2 Guns and some spotters in alpha ? Would explain their miserable, awefull, utter crap performance -.- 90 fuel for this thing is a joke.

The base howis have some uses once u got anvil with the airburst strike, till then they are just fancy munitions sink for the wicked. i am not convinced any of the brit arty actually does 160 dmg ?

It was one sexton with an artillery officer capable of overriding cooldown.

Still pretty garbage, since you couldnt really call in more without having a ton of artillery officers running around...
8 Sep 2015, 14:43 PM

and it takes 14 popcap, put insult on injury lol
8 Sep 2015, 14:57 PM

The british howie and tech building are one and the same, right? One thing to consider is if they got buffed too much, opponent basically has to go for annihilation victory just to take them out, which makes for a bad gameplay at least in my opinion. If they were separate buildings things might be different.
8 Sep 2015, 15:46 PM
Donator 11

uncounterable and not that expensive.
So yeah, it is alright.
8 Sep 2015, 16:01 PM

The ability is awful, it needs a buff
8 Sep 2015, 16:48 PM

i think they should be a little bit better. THey are a little underwhelming
8 Sep 2015, 16:50 PM

Has anyone ever suffered a serious blow by a random shell hitting your troops?

No, and I always just keep moving my troops through it unless I wasnt going anywhere, then i just move to the side or something. Never caused me to retreat or back away from an attack. The poor squad that tries to fire the flare ends suffering the most, ironically. It usually means that enemy is desparate and gives me a bit of a morale boost.
8 Sep 2015, 17:06 PM

uncounterable and not that expensive.
So yeah, it is alright.

On the contrary.

Brit T1 and T2 buildings don't have much HP, you can counter barrage them with thatever you have, they even have brace.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 39
South Africa 2
Germany 718

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak