Login

russian armor

25 pounder of the British army

7 Sep 2015, 23:37 PM

Sexton: "What is AoE?"

Yeah and it has pathetic range too.
7 Sep 2015, 23:52 PM

The Shrapnel effect the base barrage gets, from the Anvil tech I believe, is REALLY good at dealing wide damage to weapon teams and infantry. Also the concentrated barrage ability on one of the commanders makes the base arty hit really well in the selected area(sans concentrated). I still back up my stuff when this arty is called in, due to the chance of it killing my stuff.
8 Sep 2015, 00:07 AM

I have to say that I absolutely hate how you can't use the ability on the ice! I mean, if you are dumb enough not to see the flare and move your troops, it's your own fault...
8 Sep 2015, 00:19 AM

At very least they should increase the turn rate so the time before firing isn't so inconsistent.
8 Sep 2015, 00:21 AM

UKF arty isn't meant to be a decisive strike. It's meant to be ubiquitous.

Stop trying to use it to spearhead an attack; use it to augment your attack, retreat, defense, etc.
8 Sep 2015, 00:22 AM

They are for free and non doctrinal .... you can't make them better or as good as ML20 / LeFH. Since they don't cost resources and don't take popcap.

They aren't comparable. The ML 20 and LeFH can fire anywhere for free, as long as it's within a predetermined range. Off-map requires line of sight but can be called in anywhere on a whim, for a price. Both are generally fast, accurate, and damaging.

British artillery requires an Infantry Section with a 40 Mun upgrade to spend 40 Mun on a flare with 15 range for a pair of guns that have huge scatter and respond slowly to fire orders.

Currently, most people just spam the medic upgrade because it's a one-time upgrade that lets you blob-heal for free, or heal all units across a wider front-line. The combined call-in limitations, costs, ineffectiveness, and competitor (healthkits) results in an ability that nobody wants to use.
8 Sep 2015, 00:24 AM

UKF arty isn't meant to be a decisive strike. It's meant to be ubiquitous.

Stop trying to use it to spearhead an attack; use it to augment your attack, retreat, defense, etc.
Considering their only indirect unit is a immobile mortar emplacement, I think they are allowed to have some concerns about their only form of heavy indirect.
8 Sep 2015, 00:33 AM

Absolute garbage. When the infantry throws the flare, bright scarlet smoke sits there for about 10 seconds, just to make sure the opponent can move his units out of the way. When the artillery rains in, it hits a couple miles short of its target. I once had a IS throw a flare in the middle of a Pak 43 emplacement. Not one of the shells hit it.
8 Sep 2015, 00:42 AM

i like it. it is slow but comes down for a long time.

also, does anyone know differences between Priest and Sexton?

The Sexton suffers from worse AoE, damage, and scatter. Currently the Priest is the best artillery piece in the game with an excellent ROF, better damage, and scatter than most other artillery. It also can preposition for reduced scatter while other artillery pieces cannot. You also don't need to spend popcap on priests as the cooldown recharges while the crew isn't in the vehicle.

The Sexton has low angle scatter, but it's distance scatter is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.
8 Sep 2015, 01:38 AM
Patrion 14

oh nose. i thought all the fancy explosions equated to Sexton being good. I loved Sexton but I guess number don't lie.

thx for the info.
8 Sep 2015, 07:41 AM
Patrion 28

the airburst shell looks really cool
8 Sep 2015, 07:48 AM

The extreme irony of this post is, how people are saying its shit in the comments yet in the poll its 50%/50%. Axis fanboys or what? :snfPeter:
8 Sep 2015, 09:55 AM

The extreme irony of this post is, how people are saying its shit in the comments yet in the poll its 50%/50%. Axis fanboys or what? :snfPeter:

It's good for being free, it would be shit if it actually takes popcap/manpower/fuel.

The only thing that could use a buff in its current state is the range of the smoke grenades tommies throw.
8 Sep 2015, 09:57 AM

It's good for being free, it would be shit if it actually takes popcap/manpower/fuel.

The only thing that could use a buff in its current state is the range of the smoke grenades tommies throw.

To be honest I would prefer paying for it once and then using it nonstop for free(also that it would perform on paar with other non doc on map solutions of other factions) than this shite(also 45 muni per pop isnt that cheap if you add it up).
Also americans get free officers and they are extremely useful(When they tech up).
Now its pretty much you get it for free, also its shite and you have to pay 45 muni that could be used somewhere else. This also makes the Artillery doctrine shite.
8 Sep 2015, 10:23 AM

To be honest I would prefer paying for it once and then using it nonstop for free(also that it would perform on paar with other non doc on map solutions of other factions) than this shite(also 45 muni per pop isnt that cheap if you add it up).
Also americans get free officers and they are extremely useful(When they tech up).
Now its pretty much you get it for free, also its shite and you have to pay 45 muni that could be used somewhere else. This also makes the Artillery doctrine shite.

Compare it with other 45 muni abilities - bundle nade, guards nade and now tell me again it's underperforming for its price. If you stay in barraged area you will take damage or lose squads. However I think going artillery regiment should give buffs to the 25 pounder artillery after a resource upgrade.
8 Sep 2015, 10:34 AM

Compare it with other 45 muni abilities - bundle nade, guards nade and now tell me again it's underperforming for its price.

It's underperforming for it's price. Grenades force someone out of cover, to retreat, or take casualties and maybe even wipe the squad. This happens in 2-3 seconds with these grenades. Then there's British Artillery. The Flare tells the opponent it's coming, but no worries, that won't be for another 10 seconds at least. There's no hurry to preposition, no hurry to retreat, no imminent threat of casualties. If you throw it and retreat, you've gained nothing. If you throw it and move back, he may chase and you would have achieved nothing. And don't say he would chase you into a Machine Gun or something, because if that was there then you would have won anyway, Grenade or not.

The 25 Pounder Flare needs to be free. You already pay for the upgrade, you don't get to use free healing on that unit, and you need to close to at least medium range to even use it. I'm not even sure if being free would be incentive enough for people to use it.
8 Sep 2015, 10:48 AM

I wouldn't say its underperforming -for its price-, but it definitely have less of an impact on the engagement because of inaccuracy and delay.

Its just not combat ability.
As AchtAchter said, it would be utter rubbish if you had to invest anything into building them.
8 Sep 2015, 10:50 AM

Compare it with other 45 muni abilities - bundle nade, guards nade and now tell me again it's underperforming for its price. If you stay in barraged area you will take damage or lose squads. However I think going artillery regiment should give buffs to the 25 pounder artillery after a resource upgrade.

The bundled nade can kill several people, the arty strike usually kills no one since it takes a whole lot to call in and even then the AOE is shite and kills no one(notice that the effects are much bigger than the actual damage AOE). TBH, i think we can change this by having a liuetnant in the squad that can call in arty strikes(with a longer distance to call in than grenade throwing range, more like the US major arty range). I also want to use my non doc artillery effectively, that doesnt mean oh we gave you a shit solution but its cheap so its ok. I want to use my artillery for effect and to have an effect on the battlefield. Not just some effects that arrent worth anything.
Also why does the sextons need to be recharged to fire the supercharged rounds for 15 muni?
8 Sep 2015, 11:07 AM

It's more of a passive ability: for this it costs a little too much.
8 Sep 2015, 11:18 AM

Has anyone ever suffered a serious blow by a random shell hitting your troops?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★