Login

russian armor

M36 Jackson vs Firefly

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
11 Sep 2015, 18:37 PM

The tulip is very easily dodged, which makes them waste 100 munitions. Yes I've been on the receiving end of it, it hurts, but typically I can dodge it, then laugh at their waste.

But I also played allies for most of my COH career in the beginning. I'm use to dodging German one shot machines all the time.

Half the issue is Germans players are not use to that, and they honestly just sit there and get murdered by them.

They should play allies more (USF in particular) learn how to micro, then learn it's really not that hard to avoid these units..............................
12 Sep 2015, 06:40 AM

in terms of firepower i think the firefly has the advantage whereas the M36 Jackson; Rate of fire tho i believe it deserves a slight buff in the pen and dmg department it had a 90mm gun after all!
12 Sep 2015, 06:45 AM

Anyone else tried Fireflies within the Command Vehicle aura bonus? It reduces the FF reload down to 6 seconds, and at vet 2 it reduces the reload down to 4.5 seconds. With that they become absolutely beastly..

Also the command vehicle can provide free recon around them, meaning Fireflies can self-spot essentially.
12 Sep 2015, 07:05 AM

Anyone else tried Fireflies within the Command Vehicle aura bonus? It reduces the FF reload down to 6 seconds, and at vet 2 it reduces the reload down to 4.5 seconds. With that they become absolutely beastly..

Also the command vehicle can provide free recon around them, meaning Fireflies can self-spot essentially.

sounds very useful if only the same can be said if the command aura worked with allied units in the vicinity that wud get some nice synergies for the allies dont u agree?
12 Sep 2015, 07:59 AM

Rate of fire tho i believe it deserves a slight buff in the pen and dmg department it had a 90mm gun after all!

The 17 Pounder was a 76mm Gun.
12 Sep 2015, 08:17 AM

Am i the only one who thinks ff in decent spot? Yeah, sure, it has problems, but it can 2 shot panthers. Just use it differently, hit and run, cover with at guns, use war(p) speed and such.

Vet 3 firefly is best td in the game. Even vet 5 jp4 is nowhere close.

It just not suited to fight tanks 1 on 1. It suited to execute damaged tanks and kill anything ff manages to flank, doubly so with mark target from soviet teammate. Kt? Loldead. Elefant? loldead. Jagdtiger? loldead. Tiger ace... need damage sponge ahead to tank for ff, but if there any, loldead.
12 Sep 2015, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 08:17 AMJadame!
Am i the only one who thinks ff in decent spot? Yeah, sure, it has problems, but it can 2 shot panthers. Just use it differently, hit and run, cover with at guns, use war(p) speed and such.

It just not suited to fight tanks 1 on 1. It suited to execute damaged tanks and kill anything ff manage to flank, doubly so with mark target from soviet teammate. Kt? Loldead. Elefant? loldead. Jagdtiger? loldead. Tiger ace... need damage sponge ahead to tank for ff, but if there any, loldead.

the firefly only deal 200 damage per shot. There's no way a firefly can two shot a panther unless tulips were used.

12 Sep 2015, 09:38 AM

Imo FF needs a buff to rate of fire, but at the cost of a slight nerf to tulips.

I dont think it hits hard enough for something with a 10 second reload... And rather a damage increase (which would see it 1 shot light vehicles) id rather see a rate of fire increase from 10 seconds to 6.

And tulip rocket damage halved. (so it will still add bonus-surprise damage off global cooldown) But not as much... Made up for by its new rate of fire. Which would also lower its chance to kill a P4 stupidly fast as it can now...

Less burst more reliability/viability basically.
12 Sep 2015, 10:27 AM

the firefly only deal 200 damage per shot. There's no way a firefly can two shot a panther unless tulips were used.

Well i mean with tulips ofc. If you land both of them it takes 2 shots more to kill a panther.
12 Sep 2015, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 09:38 AMCorsin
Imo FF needs a buff to rate of fire, but at the cost of a slight nerf to tulips.

And tulip rocket damage halved. (so it will still add bonus-surprise damage off global cooldown) But not as much... Made up for by its new rate of fire. Which would also lower its chance to kill a P4 stupidly fast as it can now...

This.

But FYI it actually has an 11-12 second reload.
12 Sep 2015, 11:58 AM

The 17 Pounder was a 75mm Gun.

I believe 76.2 technically.
12 Sep 2015, 16:54 PM
Patrion 14

FF in 3v3+ is more than fine.
12 Sep 2015, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 08:17 AMJadame!

I doubt this very much.
13 Sep 2015, 02:50 AM

I doubt this very much.

Its my personal preference. Jp4 dies without chances to firefly (it really easy to land rockets on it plus jp4 without vet has only 640 hp, which, if i am not mistaken, one shot from rockets landed on top of opening ff shot).

I still think in terms of raw at nothing comes close to command panther for mark target spam and jp4 combo. But its 2 tanks.
13 Sep 2015, 03:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 02:50 AMJadame!

Its my personal preference. Jp4 dies without chances to firefly (it really easy to land rockets on it plus jp4 without vet has only 640 hp, which, if i am not mistaken, one shot from rockets landed on top of opening ff shot).

I still think in terms of raw at nothing comes close to command panther for mark target spam and jp4 combo. But its 2 tanks.

Can a Firefly kite any tank and be constantly popping in and out of invisibility the whole time?

Not to mention the insane buffs the JP gets to all relevant stats throughout its veterancy; range, health, damage, penetration, sight, all get large buffs.

I simply cannot fathom any TD competing with a vet 5 JP4.
14 Sep 2015, 06:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 02:50 AMJadame!

ultimately this is more due to the tulip than the Firefly's main gun.

I do agree that the tulip is very powerful and would prefer to nerf it. The firefly should be more about the main gun and chassis than some rockets strapped to its turret.

I know munition problem become semi-trivial in a large team game, but it's not fair to the british if their primary TD is dependent on a 100 mu ability that require a 50 mu upgrade.

balance the unit itself first, then balance the ability.

and the Firefly's slow rof is for a reason. The unit's high penetration and high accuracy make it useful against heavy tank but its low rof keep it vulnerable to medium tanks. It is for the same reason why the jackson only have 480 hp.

The Firefly's low rof keep the panzer 4 and stug relevant against british late game.
8 Oct 2019, 20:38 PM

Permanently Banned
make rockets for free fore FUCKS SAKE!
This is the most stupidest overpriced tank I have ever seen!
8 Oct 2019, 22:48 PM

ultimately this is more due to the tulip than the Firefly's main gun.

I do agree that the tulip is very powerful and would prefer to nerf it. The firefly should be more about the main gun and chassis than some rockets strapped to its turret.

I always thought the Tulip would be more fitting on a regular Sherman, it gives the Firefly a weird power-spike for it's first shot, then the DPS drops hugely. Granted that was the intention, I remember a developer talking about the Firefly's huge alphra strike potential, in exchange for poor sustained damage.
8 Oct 2019, 23:13 PM

Necro time it is.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment