Login

russian armor

Bofors needs a nerf against infantry

PAGES (11)down
7 Sep 2015, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 09:13 AMEsxile

Didn't know Brit didn't have any armored dealing AT damage. Too bad you have to chose Hammer to get it. Anvil leaves you with PIATs + ATgun which is sufficient to deal with a 2shotsdead half-track.

I'm more than an Allied player but honestly Bofor is dumb, as the Panzer HQ is, but at a highest level. And Who say L2P vs Bofor deserves a L2P vs MHT.

I have nothing against Bofor function, but losing an entire squad in a matter of second just because you entered in his area of fire is dumb.
What you expose to counter Bofor is, today, really risky, if you are catch by the Bofor active, you lost all your infantry in 3 sec. I'm not against having the Bofor punishing infantry, but leave them a chance to retreat.

You missed the point.
It does not matter if its op or not. There are ways to neutrilize it.
You can avoid being wiped out by bofors is many ways.
So, here is a question. How to avoid MHT incendiary barrage. If its L2P as you say, you should be able to easily explain what to do, to avoid burning down with the first barrage.
7 Sep 2015, 09:43 AM

play aggressive, select Hammer. What a MHT can do if you push him and stay mobile? nothing. Emplacement aren't a must-to-win, you have more than enough to win without them.
How do you counter incendiary barrage from Sov doctrines? same principle.

People abuse of Bofor because the unit is OP today, you can only counter it by heavily investing in mortar and late game tanks, it even pen Pz4.
I understand you must use combined arms and stuff (I'm a USF player afterall) but all of that only to take down 1 emplacement? Not counting the support is too much for the risk you take.
Tone down the Bofor damage and the flame damage on emplacement will be ok. But people saying L2P right now are just stupid.

7 Sep 2015, 09:56 AM

I know how to kill a bofor (don't need that fanboy L2P shit), but what is not fair in my opinion: the first time you see it, you will lose a squad. It will wipe it. #ESPORT
7 Sep 2015, 10:18 AM

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog?p=205531#post205531

New balance preview update. They just cut the mid and far accuracy in half, increased the scatter and did a bunch of changes to the damage it'll take and brace.

It's irritating how the idiots chose to completely ignore your post and continue arguing about bullshit.
7 Sep 2015, 10:42 AM

oh, I totaly missed that :D.....
7 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM

Puma is an armored CAR.

Bofors is a 40mm AA gun.

If axis 40mm AA flak penetrates TANKs, what makes you believe allied 40mm flak shouldn't penetrate CAR?
anything lighter then ostwind is and should be ripped apart by it when it comes to armor.

Flak truck is problematic, that's right. It even frontally penetrates Shermans. But I have a problem with Bofors melting Pumas like crazy. I wish I had the replay (It's easy to test it though). I swarmed Bofors with 3 Pumas, I wasn't aware of its stats. I lost one and had to fall back to save the other 2 with low HP. Shit was crazy fast.
7 Sep 2015, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 10:42 AMSlate
oh, I totaly missed that :D.....

I didn't mean you in particular - there were about 4 pages of bullshit after the link to patch notes was put there. People here are fuckin tards, just like they are ingame.

Most players simply cannot be trusted to know what's in their own best interests. Yet they'll shout ignorance for fuckin days.
7 Sep 2015, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 11:57 AMRMMLz

Flak truck is problematic, that's right. It even frontally penetrates Shermans. But I have a problem with Bofors melting Pumas like crazy. I wish I had the replay (It's easy to test it though). I swarmed Bofors with 3 Pumas, I wasn't aware of its stats. I lost one and had to fall back to save the other 2 with low HP. Shit was crazy fast.

Puma have 50 range.
Bofors have 45?

Also, if you attacked something that hardcountered your attacking units and you didn't knew that, how is it a balance problem again?

Its AI is getting justifiably nerfed, its AT is fine, it won't be killing any medium armor, unless you drive up to it with low hp and exposed rear. Light armor melts to 40mm AA guns of both axis and allies.

7 Sep 2015, 14:18 PM

What makes you believe that crew covering their head with their hands (that what braces do) can protect them from stuka strike or sturmtiger shot ?

Gameplay > Realism

7 Sep 2015, 14:23 PM

What makes you believe that crew covering their head with their hands (that what braces do) can protect them from stuka strike or sturmtiger shot ?

Gameplay > Realism

There is also consistency.

100% of braced structures survive that.

100% of light vehicles are raped by 40mm guns.

If 50+ armor units melt to it, what makes you believe 25 armor unit should not?
7 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM

Its AI is getting justifiably nerfed, its AT is fine, it won't be killing any medium armor, unless you drive up to it with low hp and exposed rear. Light armor melts to 40mm AA guns of both axis and allies.

+1
7 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

- Indeed, the Bofors nerf is justified (sad some people doesnt understand that)
- In my opinion Brace will be overnerfed, Lelic just over exaggerate as always
7 Sep 2015, 15:07 PM

I don't get 90 percent of the comments here.

We know how to counter the dam thing, the point is it has stupid max range accuracy that wipes squads in the radius that are there for more than a second.

Stop with the fanboy bullshit and acknowledge that there actually is a problem, and that fixing it won't make the bofors bad, it will make it less retarded.

Jesus, the usual shit posters like Katitof with their circular arguments just piss me off so much. Yall shouldn't even be on the balance forums.

if the BOFORS is op against infantry then you should play USF and see how stupid the Flak HQ is against allies

(but it wipes my squad/squads so fast i cant react)k then nerf it to give you time to retreat
7 Sep 2015, 15:23 PM

if the BOFORS is op against infantry then you should play USF and see how stupid the Flak HQ is against allies

(but it wipes my squad/squads so fast i cant react)k then nerf it to give you time to retreat

- http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197992847929
I think he played bro

- Second: Bofors is way more lethal
7 Sep 2015, 15:27 PM

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197992847929

I think he played bro

then the Flak HQ should also get nerfed?? it wipes infantry AND can damage tanks

isnt that OP?

why is the Bofors OP?

maybe he should refresh his memory and tell as why the Flank HQ is balanced and the BOFORS is not
7 Sep 2015, 15:30 PM

then the Flak HQ should also get nerfed?? it wipes infantry AND can damage tanks

isnt that OP?

why is the Bofors OP?

maybe he should refresh his memory and tell as why the Flank HQ is balanced and the BOFORS is not

- Cause Bofors is way more lethal ? and have a defensive ability that makes me almost invulnerable ?

- Who protected Flak HQ here ? its about Bofor being op bro
7 Sep 2015, 15:34 PM

Cause Bofors is way more lethal ? and have a defensive ability that makes me almost invulnerable ?

brace disables it so you can attack,also i can agree on giving more time to reast but dont nerf it too much

also the PAK 43 is lethal? is it op?
7 Sep 2015, 15:41 PM

brace disables it so you can attack,also i can agree on giving more time to reast but dont nerf it too much

You can attack it, it will survive easily 30 sec, then melt any infantry / light armor in range ( and the ennemy can even help his bofor with some units too during that time )

7 Sep 2015, 15:43 PM

also the PAK 43 is lethal? is it op?

You want to try a Pak 43 with brace ? :)
7 Sep 2015, 16:05 PM

Puma have 50 range.
Bofors have 45?

Please go ahead and use puma to destroy the bofors emplacement. You start now, I will go eat and sleep, see ya tomorrow morning to check if you managed to bring it to half life with your puma.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 22
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak