Login

russian armor

Bofors needs a nerf against infantry

PAGES (11)down
7 Sep 2015, 07:27 AM

It's just sick easy to lock down a fuelpoint in the early stages of the game.
In the later it's not such a problem, as it goes down easily. But it needs to be toned down.
7 Sep 2015, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 07:26 AMEsxile
Actually I punish any type of emplacement with a Mortar HT + 40 ammo, but that reduce my experience to 1 commander (I probably need to buy some other with the unit, probably Relic conspiracy to make me buy stuff)
After all if a Bofor is able to insta kill any infantry in range + light vehicles. It is fine to think any emplacement can be insta-kill by a mortar HT isn't it? same skill level is required.

Well, another side of the coin is that a single commander hardcounters half of brit builds.
7 Sep 2015, 08:32 AM

Actually I punish any type of emplacement with a Mortar HT + 40 ammo, but that reduce my experience to 1 commander (I probably need to buy some other with the unit, probably Relic conspiracy to make me buy stuff)
After all if a Bofor is able to insta kill any infantry in range + light vehicles. It is fine to think any emplacement can be insta-kill by a mortar HT isn't it? same skill level is required.

He just brace for 30 sec, then what ? :p you just lost 45 ammo in the process for 10% bofor HP

Next patch you will have 60 sec to kill bofor after he brace ( maybe over nerfed, but its lelic )
7 Sep 2015, 08:44 AM

He just brace for 30 sec, then what ? :p you just lost 45 ammo in the process for 10% bofor HP

Next patch you will have 60 sec to kill bofor after he brace ( maybe over nerfed, but its lelic )

What is I tell you Brace doesn't reduce flame damage :D
Can't say I have win all my game as Ostheer but I haven't see emplacement resisting a mortar flame shot. Or only when it missed it.
7 Sep 2015, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 08:44 AMEsxile

Can't say I have win all my game as Ostheer but I haven't see emplacement resisting a mortar flame shot. Or only when it missed it.
It does seem like it does to me though. On brace, it took so long to even take out a quarter health. Post-brace, the thing lost half in a quarter of the time. Tested in CheatCommands mod only once so may be wrong.
7 Sep 2015, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 08:46 AMsteel
It does seem like it does to me though. On brace, it took so long to even take out a quarter health. Post-brace, the thing lost half in a quarter of the time. Tested in CheatCommands mod only once so may be wrong.

Flame does like 330% damage on emplacement. same if Brace reduce by half the damage, it is not enough to stop the destruction. Like I say, the only time I didn't erase a emplacement with it is when it miss and the flame doesn't recover more than the half of the emplacement area.

I have use the mortar HT many games in 4vs4 and killed many emplacement, I have make rage quite 1 Brit player by destroying his simcity in less than 5 minutes with 1 mortar HT.
7 Sep 2015, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 08:44 AMEsxile

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 08:46 AMsteel

Its my impression too ...
7 Sep 2015, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 08:52 AMEsxile

Flame does like 330% damage on emplacement. same if Brace reduce by half the damage, it is not enough to stop the destruction. Like I say, the only time I didn't erase a emplacement with it is when it miss and the flame doesn't recover more than the half of the emplacement area.

I have use the mortar HT many games in 4vs4 and killed many emplacement, I have make rage quite 1 Brit player by destroying his simcity in less than 5 minutes with 1 mortar HT.

its way way way way more than 50% damage reduction, a sturmtiger shot only does only around 10% damage
7 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM

Thats not best comparasion.
You dont have to feed bofors with infantry. No one is forcing you to send inf in front of bofors.
On the other hand, there is no counter to MHT.
7 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM

its way way way way more than 50% damage reduction, a sturmtiger shot only does only around 10% damage

Can't help you more than telling you to test it yourself. Myself I didn't know that until I read someone here telling flame damage were doing 330% damage because of a flame stat rule applying 3 time to emplacement.

I can only guaranty you it works, it worth the investment, it worth choosing a commander with the mortar HT and abuse it vs Brits abusing of emplacement.

And it worth telling people who say L2P vs Bofor : L2P vs mortar HT.
7 Sep 2015, 09:02 AM

It's just sick easy to lock down a fuelpoint in the early stages of the game.
In the later it's not such a problem, as it goes down easily. But it needs to be toned down.

Isnt it almost the same for 8-9min Schwerer at fuel point?
7 Sep 2015, 09:05 AM

Isnt it almost the same for 8-9min Schwerer at fuel point?

I don't thinkt's the same, as a Schwerer doesn't go down by mortar fire (not that easy).
A mortar halftrack and incendiary rounds are sick against emplacements, that's why it goes down so fast.
7 Sep 2015, 09:07 AM

He just brace for 30 sec, then what ?

Nothing, because MHT incendiary round torches emplacement 100-0 with brace active and you can do nothing to prevent that as brit.
7 Sep 2015, 09:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 09:01 AMEsxile

You sound really biased.
Does not matter if bofors is OP or not there are counterplays, similar to Schwerer.
If you send inf in front of Schwerer, its L2P,but you can smoke it, use ground attack, mortars and in late game tanks.

In theory you do same things to bofors, force it to brace and advance with flamers to burn it. That's just one way to go.

Point is, I showed you theory coubterplay.

Now show me L2P issue vs MHT which burns emplacement without any risk.
7 Sep 2015, 09:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 09:01 AMEsxile

Can't help you more than telling you to test it yourself. Myself I didn't know that until I read someone here telling flame damage were doing 330% damage because of a flame stat rule applying 3 time to emplacement.

I can only guaranty you it works, it worth the investment, it worth choosing a commander with the mortar HT and abuse it vs Brits abusing of emplacement.

I will double check it tonight :) thanks
7 Sep 2015, 09:13 AM

Thats not best comparasion.
You dont have to feed bofors with infantry. No one is forcing you to send inf in front of bofors.
On the other hand, there is no counter to MHT.

Didn't know Brit didn't have any armored dealing AT damage. Too bad you have to chose Hammer to get it. Anvil leaves you with PIATs + ATgun which is sufficient to deal with a 2shotsdead half-track.

I'm more than an Allied player but honestly Bofor is dumb, as the Panzer HQ is, but at a highest level. And Who say L2P vs Bofor deserves a L2P vs MHT.

I have nothing against Bofor function, but losing an entire squad in a matter of second just because you entered in his area of fire is dumb.
What you expose to counter Bofor is, today, really risky, if you are catch by the Bofor active, you lost all your infantry in 3 sec. I'm not against having the Bofor punishing infantry, but leave them a chance to retreat.
7 Sep 2015, 09:18 AM

Does someone have a replay in his pocket where a MHT flame barrage is used against a "braced" emplacement ?
7 Sep 2015, 09:20 AM

Okay, to start Brace reduces all incoming damage by multiplying it by .75 and it gives the emplacement +5 more armor (they all have 5 standard). This technically makes them more durable against flames but since flames do retardly high DoT damage (which is being fixed next patch) atm they can get past it.

Saying not being able to handle the Bofors (they are nerfing it for a reason) is a L2P issue is insanely arrogant and saying the Schwer is at all on the same level is missing the point.
7 Sep 2015, 09:24 AM

Does someone have a replay in his pocket where a MHT flame barrage is used against a "braced" emplacement ?

Had a game last night, MHT incendiary hit my mortar pit, I instantly turned brace on, burned 100-0.
After that happened to both my emplacements, no remorse for using croc.

No rep, but I played with Zarok, so he can confirm it for you.

You can also do a test with mod tools yourself.

7 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

Had a game last night, MHT incendiary hit my mortar pit, I instantly turned brace on, burned 100-0.

No rep, but I played with Zarok, so he can confirm it for you.

You can also do a test with mod tools yourself.

Okay, i will double check it tonight, maybe my ennemy repaired it everytime with engineers ( by not sitting in flame after they land ), i didnt checked the replay and this was in FOW.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS