Login

russian armor

Bofors needs a nerf against infantry

PAGES (11)down
4 Sep 2015, 19:02 PM
Benefactor 351

Definitely playing a different game than I do. Only people who leave bofors undefended are trash. Brace negates most damage. Some people dont have 30 seconds to sit there firing at an emplacement before counterattacking tanks and infantry arrive. Once brace is lifted bofors will squad wipe anything that hasn't retreated yet withing 20 range. Pretty pointless really.

Axis fan boy is back.

Its not OP it is
1,immobile
2,does less suppression than OKW truck
3,Have to build it and pay fuel and man power unlike okw truck
4 Sep 2015, 19:03 PM

Permanently Banned

Axis fan boy is back.

Its not OP it is
1,immobile

Am i the only one who doesn't purposefully lie? Wtf the okw flak HQ isn't free, you fucking moron.
4 Sep 2015, 19:04 PM

I wis the buildable okw flak emplacement performed as good for its cost :(
4 Sep 2015, 19:14 PM

If it was nerfed, it would be worthless. It needs to be effective.

I understand it can wipe an infantry squad within seconds, but as many have previously mentioned, there are many counters to it.

I wish scouting had a higher importance in this game like in Supreme Commander. Maybe before you send a lone infantry squad into enemy UKF territory, you should scout out the area first.

Or smoke and flank. :megusta:
4 Sep 2015, 19:19 PM

Axis fan boy is back.

Its not OP it is
1,immobile

1. Compensated for by free toggleable invulnerability
2.No. It does the same, and does more damage with higher accuracy.
3. OKW truck costs MORE. Da fuq are you talking about?
4 Sep 2015, 19:27 PM

Bofors is fine. Only someone missing half a brain would say its op. It can be countered by a nutless monkey with shreks, flamers, nades, mortars, and tanks.

L2p I am so tired of axis crying all the time.
4 Sep 2015, 19:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Perhaps we should find a way to ban Kati and QR from posting in the balance forum. :D

Honestly, if you really think the Bofors is fine you need your head checked. So attack when its not braced? Attack it when its braced only? It makes zero sense. If you attack when its braced you just do no damage and the instant it becomes unbraced your squads get mowed down. If you attack when its not braced, well, you get mowed down. You can't compare its effectiveness at all to the OKW Flak Truck, the damage is not even in the same ballpark. If you even get an unlucky retreat path near a bofors that squad is toast. It may as well be shooting lasers.
4 Sep 2015, 19:28 PM

If it was nerfed, it would be worthless. It needs to be effective.

I understand it can wipe an infantry squad within seconds, but as many have previously mentioned, there are many counters to it.

I wish scouting had a higher importance in this game like in Supreme Commander. Maybe before you send a lone infantry squad into enemy UKF territory, you should scout out the area first.

Or smoke and flank. :megusta:

you always pop smoke and "flank" into fog of war? :-D

i would actually really like having scouting units back in coh2, but as it stands, infantry mostly is your scouting unit. and most infantry units (or all?) have less sight range than the bofors has weapon range.

nobody is asking that the bofors be nerfed into oblivion, but consistently wiping squads (bofors has almost TWICE the accuracy of the 20mm okw hq at far range) at max range within a single burst is a bit much.
brace also doesnt offer you any kind of "window of opportunity" where its not braced, since it has no CD. give brace some sort of CD, so you cannot have the emplacement in brace mode 24/7, lower the far accuracy of the weapon a bit (it will still annihilate squads quickly because of the aoe, but with a bit of luck you might be able to retreat in time), and we're golden.
4 Sep 2015, 19:33 PM

Give bofors similar suppression and damage to the flak HQ. Boom.. Problem solved, it will still lock down territory but not wipe a squad in seconds. Somebody put pgrens with shreks in a building next to my bofors, within 5 seconds that squad was wiped... lol.. Allied fanboys really need to get head out of ass.
4 Sep 2015, 19:38 PM

Give bofors similar suppression and damage to the flak HQ. Boom.. Problem solved, it will still lock down territory but not wipe a squad in seconds. Somebody put pgrens with shreks in a building next to my bofors, within 5 seconds that squad was wiped... lol.. Allied fanboys really need to get head out of ass.

This.

Like, I'm all for the Bofors being good, I love using the vet 1 ability and its a fun unit. In its current state its like 16 damage obers, just dumb. I thought we as a community weren't a fan of constant squad wipes and super low TTK? Guess not when it applies to the fanboys :crazy:
4 Sep 2015, 19:39 PM

This.

Like, I'm all for the Bofors being good, I love using the vet 1 ability and its a fun unit. In its current state its like 16 damage obers, just dumb. I thought we as a community weren't a fan of constant squad wipes and super low TTK? Guess not when it applies to the fanboys :crazy:

pssshshhhhhh... don't startle the trolls...
4 Sep 2015, 19:41 PM

4 Sep 2015, 19:42 PM

Okay lets clear some things up here. As this unit relies on accuracy (which it has a lot of) but has a high ROF it does a lot of DPS, in fact, most of the flak in game either has poor accuracy against infantry (like most ballistic weapons) but good scatter (which is why they are "accurate" or is "counted" small arms fire were it's always accurate against tanks but much less so versus infantry (depending, the Flak Truck has scatter but also accuracy).

The Bofors has excellent accuracy AND scatter, so when it "misses" it will still almost always scatter directly on top of the squad. It's radius of affect is 1 (with now damage drop off) resulting in it basically creating an instant death area around it for infantry because it has essentially perfect accuracy due to the combination of excellent base accuracy and scatter as well as 40 damage per round.

On top of this it's vet makes it swivel and acquire targets very quickly, meaning it's ability to instantly gib anything that enters it's radius becomes more powerful as it vets up, making flanking essentially useless.
4 Sep 2015, 19:55 PM

how is bofors OP and Schwerepanzer HQ not?
4 Sep 2015, 19:56 PM

The accuracy is a issuse with sniping enemy models. I personally never use it now due wiping enemy squads FASTER than on the OKW Flak truck. Give it reduced accuracy and even damage but able to suppress.
4 Sep 2015, 19:57 PM

So an immobile, pop cap raising fortification that costs fuel, which has been specifically designed for being an infantry counter and that is part of a faction which has generally rather few active, mobile combat units compared to the other allied factions (which means investing in emplacements is even more risky for Brits) is now "too" good against infantry.

Huh. I guess that should definitely be nerfed, I don't wanna lose so many models everytime my blob runs straight into it.

Well actually no, it shouldn't. Because it does only one thing, so let it do it properly. Jesus christ, the nerve of some ppl...
4 Sep 2015, 20:01 PM

how is bofors OP and Schwerepanzer HQ not?

Bofors:

| | accuracy: {
| | | far: 0.76f;
| | | mid: 0.818f;
| | | near: 0.875f;

Flak Truck:

| | accuracy: {
| | | far: 0.2f;
| | | mid: 0.3f;
| | | near: 0.4f;
4 Sep 2015, 20:06 PM

numbers

One is a core part of teching that will be build regardlessly while the other is an optional choice on top of teching costs. Nerf it and it won't be used. Yes it is strong. A "unit" with a clear purpose, for a change.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS