Login

russian armor

Brace

4 Sep 2015, 02:11 AM
Donator 22

Ok, I get the idea behind brace and endorse it. But today, I found that when a Bofors is in "Brace mode" a direct hit from a Stuka bomb did nothing...no damage whatsoever.

Now, I expected that it probably wouldn't kill it. But NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER from a direct bomb strike?

Kappa.....
4 Sep 2015, 02:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 02:11 AMMortar
Ok, I get the idea behind brace and endorse it. But today, I found that when a Bofors is in "Brace mode" a direct hit from a Stuka bomb did nothing...no damage whatsoever.

Now, I expected that it probably wouldn't kill it. But NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER from a direct bomb strike?

Kappa.....

in my opinion having brace where it is now is a good thing considering that axis before the brits released had all of the good stuff to themselves. i say they cant have it all its time the allies have something to level the playing field
4 Sep 2015, 02:17 AM

Kappa.....

A direct hit from a Sturmtiger wont destroy it either :S..
4 Sep 2015, 09:59 AM

Kappa.....

Why cry about Brance its here to protect you ... :megusta:
4 Sep 2015, 10:07 AM
Patrion 14

Literally a single ost mortar constantly firing on the building makes me constantly brace and try to repair it with my engineer.
Brace is a double edged swo... shield? Buildings that brace don't shoot.

Fire off a stuka om the huge at gun, see it being braced? Go in with your tanks.

I mean it's so trollable.
4 Sep 2015, 10:19 AM

4 Sep 2015, 12:18 PM

Kappa.....

Oh look, Mortar is complaining about Brace B-)
4 Sep 2015, 12:34 PM

I think im actually ok with Brace, but Pak43 & OKW flack emplacements should get it too
4 Sep 2015, 12:36 PM

Brace is over the top and blatantly overpowered. You assemble the supposed "hardcounters" such as artillery as Axis player. And all the opponent has to do is press one button and is almost immune. This is bad gameplay and horrible design.

Brace forces a huge investment for the Axis player into artillery, which then does´t even work. The British player is rewarded for sitting around on one place.

One would think Lelic had learned their lesson from Coh1. But alas Cancer-Brits are back.

Edit: I wonder whether that shit can survive a railway artillery strike.
4 Sep 2015, 12:52 PM

Needs a CD so that a completely unsupported enplacement will die, otherwise it's fine.
4 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM

Playing against it I think it is annoying but fine. It stops temporary rushes and sudden changes in fortune killing it, but if you properly advance up to it it really doesn't take too long to destroy. If it's on the edge of a battleline you can attack ground it with Paks etc and it will just slowly die while not firing.

Most people also forget to activate it or activate it late.
4 Sep 2015, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 12:34 PMCorsin
I think im actually ok with Brace, but Pak43 & OKW flack emplacements should get it too

Then they should cost fuel right?
4 Sep 2015, 14:56 PM

Needs a CD so that a completely unsupported enplacement will die, otherwise it's fine.

Er not 100% sure what it is now, but there should at least be 30 seconds of window between brace for potential counterplay for both parties.

Any more would be way too ineffective for the emplacements. A braced emplacement can be skipped and the rest of the army can be destroyed.
4 Sep 2015, 15:36 PM

Brace is over the top and blatantly overpowered. You assemble the supposed "hardcounters" such as artillery as Axis player. And all the opponent has to do is press one button and is almost immune. This is bad gameplay and horrible design.

Brace forces a huge investment for the Axis player into artillery, which then does´t even work. The British player is rewarded for sitting around on one place.

One would think Lelic had learned their lesson from Coh1. But alas Cancer-Brits are back.

Edit: I wonder whether that shit can survive a railway artillery strike.

Its only OP if you don't know what the counter is. Artillery isn't a counter to Brace since Brace is the counter to artillery ...

What counter Brace is a permanent source of damage like mortars. You always attack it with your mortar, the Brit will have 2 options:

1- Using brace and he can't fire back. What does it means? you can attack freely with your stuff since Brace disable the emplacement.
2- not using brace and repairing the emplacement. Vs a mortar it is really costly, he can always have an engineer squad wiped during the process (remember that they receive extra damage while repairing) and at the end you'll finish destroying the emplacement.
4 Sep 2015, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 15:36 PMEsxile

Its only OP if you don't know what the counter is. Artillery isn't a counter to Brace since Brace is the counter to artillery ...

What counter Brace is a permanent source of damage like mortars. You always attack it with your mortar, the Brit will have 2 options:

1- Using brace and he can't fire back. What does it means? you can attack freely with your stuff since Brace disable the emplacement.
2- not using brace and repairing the emplacement. Vs a mortar it is really costly, he can always have an engineer squad wiped during the process (remember that they receive extra damage while repairing) and at the end you'll finish destroying the emplacement.

Mortar Pit will win a duel against a Mortar squad
4 Sep 2015, 16:07 PM

No they don't if you have a 251 next to them. You don't build 251? you'll lose anyway vs Brit and their command post.
4 Sep 2015, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 15:36 PMEsxile

What counter Brace is a permanent source of damage like mortars.

Tell me how mortars aren't artillery.
4 Sep 2015, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 16:07 PMEsxile

No they don't if you have a 251 next to them. You don't build 251? you'll lose anyway vs Brit and their command post.

They do if Brits repair the mortar pit, and you will loose manpower, brits will not
4 Sep 2015, 16:46 PM

Permanently Banned

Dont make shit up pls

If your mortar squad(s) lose to a fixed emplacement? You are doing something wrong. Plus its 400mp

They do if Brits repair the mortar pit, and you will loose manpower, brits will not

This is a joke also.

This means brits will have a squad that isnt active in combat when you can just fight around the emplacement(s) or re-position to another portion of the map while the emplacements take up HUGE POP (12)

Again, dont make shit up.
4 Sep 2015, 19:00 PM

Permanently Banned
I dont know how hard it is for you to beleive that a mortar squad wont beat a mortar pit because of 2 things. Mortar pit has same or more range as a mortar squad, and can't be decrewed. Why is that so unbeleivable? What are you supposed to do pack up after every shot and move?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight