Login

russian armor

Will British be played as intended?

3 Sep 2015, 12:27 PM

I thought I'd play the British a whole bunch until I know them well but only if they are played as intended. If British is going to be like in Coh1, intended to be the same as in Coh2 but in reality played quite differently, super aggressively with Kangaroo raids and unintended (almost) exploit stuff like that, requiring for everyone to experiment almost blindly to find the secret British gameplay formula that wins games, then stuff it, I'm gonna stick with the other factions.
3 Sep 2015, 12:35 PM

Dude, wait for meta and diffrent strats evolve
3 Sep 2015, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 12:35 PMl4hti
Dude, wait for meta and diffrent strats evolve

Well, that's what I fear. In a sense.
3 Sep 2015, 14:16 PM

You fear the current meta not evolving? I've gotta say I can't agree with that, the Brits bring viability and more importantly room for experimentation in what was a stale meta. The vBrits are forcing a change of play style which is a great thing for the game especially now there's a high cost allied force. Wish they could of thrown in the Italians though, to give Germans a low cost force but egh, maybe next time?
3 Sep 2015, 14:24 PM

I still can see British players going on the defence right out of the gate. With the new hammer, anvil system, I can see players either keep up the defence or take the initiative and explode onto the field late game. But as I4hti said, we will have to let strats formulate over the next few weeks.
3 Sep 2015, 14:25 PM

the Brits bring viability and more importantly room for experimentation

Which is great. Understand me right. The theory of the faction is solid. I hope it will play like the theory. It didn't much in Coh1.
3 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM

And what about the mortar emplacement with sucky range? When the front moves a bit, will I have to have a special flame-unit standby to kill my own troops with, so that the army can advance at all? First build expensive stuff and then kill it myself... Actually, what if stormtroopers capture it and mortar me with my own emplacement. I guess I need an AVRE. Too bad it's doctrinal, he would be needed to annihilate my own stuff regardless of commander.
3 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

And what about the mortar emplacement with sucky range? When the front moves a bit, will I have to have a special flame-unit standby to kill my own troops with, so that the army can advance at all? First build expensive stuff and then kill it myself... Actually, what if stormtroopers capture it and mortar me with my own emplacement. I guess I need an AVRE. Too bad it's doctrinal, he would be needed to annihilate my own stuff regardless of commander.
Sucky range? I wish, that thing can hit you clear on the other side of the map on 1v1s. And it, and all Brit emplacements, require nothing short of a Panzer 4 to kill. So good luck trying to take them down with quick flanks.
3 Sep 2015, 14:47 PM

Sucky range? I wish, that thing can hit you clear on the other side of the map on 1v1s. And it, and all Brit emplacements, require nothing short of a Panzer 4 to kill. So good luck trying to take them down with quick flanks.

When I eyeballed it the range seemed to be similar to the normal mortar squads.
3 Sep 2015, 15:07 PM

When I eyeballed it the range seemed to be similar to the normal mortar squads.

No it is like 1.5x the range if not more. Plus it is two mortars.
3 Sep 2015, 15:09 PM

Ah my bad. From what I've played (6 4v4's today) The British have an aggressive start, a defensive mid game them a MASSIVE explosion onto the field late game regardless of whether yo go Hammer or Anvil. Early mid game you can expect to see some Mortars followed up by a rush to either the Firefly or AA tank. The British late game is a thing to be feared as they are a manpower faction.

A note about British Riflemen Sections is their Infantry get a Rate of Fire bonus depending on the cover they are in. This encourages a defensive mentality to them.

However when OKW or Wher players play hyper aggressiveness the Brits cannot keep up and get forced out of the game unless backed up by the USF. Soviets are to bad to be static with them and to clumsy to keep up late game unless they pick the right doctrine.

This info is all anecdotal. I've tried to simcity one game but I was punished heavily. I've found once you pick Hammer or Anvil you actually can start making push for the Enemy base provided you've built a mortar section a trench with MG and a forward post (mini sim city) you can push heavily into enemy territory most of the times you make it that far into the game is because the Germans tried to Shrek or arty spam which the British have a nice hard counter to.

The Brits play very nicely especially when the RAF is involved and their Defensive mid game plays nicely into a hyper aggressive late game 4/6 games I ended up in the enemy base. I even got a crocodile to 250 kills that game because I just pushed pushed and pushed burning all of the shrek spam. I'm think'n of uploading that game to since it was a good example of how the British work.
3 Sep 2015, 16:07 PM
Donator 11

Serious counter question: It is a game, does it matter? There is no "right way" to play the brits if it wins.
3 Sep 2015, 20:28 PM

Serious counter question: It is a game, does it matter? There is no "right way" to play the brits if it wins.

It matters to me since for example stuff never being built because in practice not being effective is disappointing gameplay. I'm not a "do whatever it takes to win" person. For example I never spammed heavy tanks when that was possible, because that didn't feel right.
3 Sep 2015, 22:18 PM

They need some additional balancing. Their early-game is weak, their mid-game is iffy, and their late game is a sudden explosion of power that doesn't quite end until the game is over.

Well Hammer and Anvil need balanced. Nobody goes Anvil because Hammer gives you the new best medium tank in the game, and for a bargain price.
4 Sep 2015, 02:32 AM

They need some additional balancing. Their early-game is weak, their mid-game is iffy, and their late game is a sudden explosion of power that doesn't quite end until the game is over.

Well Hammer and Anvil need balanced. Nobody goes Anvil because Hammer gives you the new best medium tank in the game, and for a bargain price.

as long as relic can make the brits remain on par against the axis thats fine by me. if i recall b4 the brits entered the fold axis had all of the good stuff to themselves. enough is enough i say its time allies have something to level the playing field and i would hate to see the allies back to square one again.
4 Sep 2015, 09:25 AM

Queue now 100% Allies.

Finally, I can play germany regularly again!
4 Sep 2015, 10:54 AM

Queue now 100% Allies.

Finally, I can play germany regularly again!

Not surprising during trial, but definitely surprising in the "real" game. Won't last that long though.
4 Sep 2015, 11:21 AM

dont buildc it. its the cancer of the game
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS