Login

russian armor

Brace needs a serious nerf.

2 Sep 2015, 02:39 AM

I said this during the Alpha. Relic never listens.

Brace is broken. It has no cooldown timer, and can be activated immediately after it wears off. This is not balanced, it allows a structure to basically be in a perpetual state of "brace" to survive sustained artillery fire.

Brace needs to have a cooldown. Once you have activated it, it lasts for a duration. After the duration is over, a cooldown of 1-2 minutes should be sufficient. It's just too easy for brit emplacements to survive like 3+ LeFHs firing constantly on its position. It's simply absurd.

I understand they want emplacements to be durable since they cost a lot, but it's ridiculous that they are essentially invulnerable to arty fire since brace can just be re-activated the second it wears off.

Solution is simple. Just enable a cooldown timer. Like I said, 1-2 minutes should be sufficient. Make brace have a risk to being used, so that it cannot just be spammed.
2 Sep 2015, 02:51 AM

Brace may need some changes but a straight nerf is not required. The faction is already nearly impossible to use and this would outright destroy them.

Brace, to my understanding, prevents the unit from firing. This is a huge win for you already. Brace also does little to prevent flame damage. Don't rely on arty to take out Brit emplacements. Use mobile troops and flame to flush out infantry and then deal with the structure at your leisure.
2 Sep 2015, 02:55 AM

I agree. Back in the alpha, it was originally a toggle ability. The fact that a person could perpetually brace and then turn it off at will was a bit much, so a week or two in, Relic changed it into an activated ability with a duration. But if the duration has no cooldown, what makes it any different than the original toggle ability that Relic has already deemed was too much? I think making the ability 1 min long with 2 min CD or 30s long with 1m CD is good.
2 Sep 2015, 03:13 AM

Target tables. Definitely not on the side of emplacements. Cant simply mess up brace too much.
2 Sep 2015, 03:15 AM

Permanently Banned
The structures cost fuel and mp; they also delay tech and cant move.

Did i mention they cant move?

Brace is fine
2 Sep 2015, 04:04 AM

Brace have cool down if I recall it right.
2 Sep 2015, 04:47 AM

Brace have cool down if I recall it right.

It does not. I've played brits several times and when you click the brace ability, it activates for 30 seconds, then automatically deactivates at which point you can activate it again for another 30 seconds.

There's no cooldown timer on the ability which is what I have a problem with. If it lasts 30 seconds, there should be a cooldown of about a minute until it can be activated again.
2 Sep 2015, 05:28 AM

Isn't it like reatreating but for buildings? Your structure recieves much less damage (although not invincible) but is put out of play for the duration.
I don't see any issues with it. Buidlings cannot run away so to give them some type of negation play to any call-ins is just a good one.

How hard is it to beat Brits otherwise? Select close air and just Stuka-Bomb your way to London.
2 Sep 2015, 05:42 AM

Incidentally if Pak43s and on-map arty could brace they would be much more useful.
2 Sep 2015, 05:44 AM

Infuckingdeed , Brace is way too good. you either need 3 tank on it or a sturmtiger to destroy an emplacement.
2 Sep 2015, 05:54 AM
Donator 11

Brace is fine and necessary considering how much the emplacements cost. A cooldown timer is needed though
2 Sep 2015, 05:54 AM

Keep in mind that Flames, Schrecks and greanade (specially Baled Charges) do good amount of damage.
2 Sep 2015, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 05:54 AMRMMLz
Keep in mind that Flames, Schrecks and greanade (specially Baled Charges) do good amount of damage.
Come again? Grenades wont do anything. The concept to make a unit almost immune to its supposed hard-counters is bad design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uO68NiX7Uo#t=19m25s

If my eyes don´t fail me the already damaged mortar emplacement took about 5% damage from that bundled grenade.
2 Sep 2015, 10:47 AM

The structures cost fuel and mp; they also delay tech and cant move.

Did i mention they cant move?

Brace is fine

Same applies to OKW tech structures, but I think people are in favour of them being destroyable.
2 Sep 2015, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 10:47 AMgokkel

Same applies to OKW tech structures, but I think people are in favour of them being destroyable.

No.

OKW tech structures are just that, TECH structures. They are not part of your army, they are not supposed to be on the front line and as opposed to emplacements, you lose nothing by building them in your base.

Emplacement is a UNIT for brits, it costs popcap and upkeep, it can vet, there needs to be a way to preserve it with stuff like walking stuka or sturmtiger on field.

Brace is supposed to protect you from short assaults or quick nukes and it does exactly that, you can't retreat emplacement and inb4 PaK43 argument, you can protect it by placing it behind shot blockers.
2 Sep 2015, 11:09 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 02:55 AMHorasu
I agree. Back in the alpha, it was originally a toggle ability. The fact that a person could perpetually brace and then turn it off at will was a bit much, so a week or two in, Relic changed it into an activated ability with a duration. But if the duration has no cooldown, what makes it any different than the original toggle ability that Relic has already deemed was too much? I think making the ability 1 min long with 2 min CD or 30s long with 1m CD is good.

It's different because its activated. You forget; it dies.

Its a bit of a win-win here, worst case; they don't forget to activate it and the mortar pit is safe from destruction but not firing/best case; they do forget and you kill it. When braced it's just taking up pop without gaining the UKF player anything. You kill it, they get that pop back and can build a new one/something else.

Personally, I'd say that keeping a Mortar/LEIG firing at it just to keep it braced is a great investment as it ties up more of their manpower and population than a mortar/LEIG would for you.

I think brace is pretty good right now.

I said this during the Alpha. Relic never listens.

But they do listen, I seem to remember many people saying that its great that Relic have put so many community suggestions into the last patch...

2 Sep 2015, 11:10 AM

No.

OKW tech structures are just that, TECH structures. They are not part of your army, they are not supposed to be on the front line and as opposed to emplacements, you lose nothing by building them in your base.

Emplacement is a UNIT for brits, it costs popcap and upkeep, it can vet, there needs to be a way to preserve it with stuff like walking stuka or sturmtiger on field.

Brace is supposed to protect you from short assaults or quick nukes and it does exactly that, you can't retreat emplacement and inb4 PaK43 argument, you can protect it by placing it behind shot blockers.
Ah, and you can´t place mortar emplacements behind shot blockers?
2 Sep 2015, 11:13 AM

Ah, and you can´t place mortar emplacements behind shot blockers?

And you're going to place bofors and 17 pounders there as well and shoot at what exactly then?

Mortar isn't the only emplacement brits have.
2 Sep 2015, 11:16 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Make 17 Pounder ignore shot blockers as well and only the Bofors is left and that one is like the OKW 2cm Flak so we should have it equal now
2 Sep 2015, 11:17 AM

Bofors is nothing like OKW flak, unless you're comparing it to flak truck HQ.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★