Login

russian armor

Brace needs a serious nerf.

2 Sep 2015, 11:37 AM

Come again? Grenades wont do anything. The concept to make a unit almost immune to its supposed hard-counters is bad design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uO68NiX7Uo#t=19m25s

If my eyes don´t fail me the already damaged mortar emplacement took about 5% damage from that bundled grenade.

This is what I remember from Alpha. They made them vulnerable to flamers and grenades. Maybe they've reverted them.
2 Sep 2015, 11:38 AM

the replacements can't move and you want them to be even more vulnerable. :facepalm:
2 Sep 2015, 11:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 11:37 AMRMMLz

This is what I remember from Alpha. They made them vulnerable to flamers and grenades. Maybe they've reverted them.

They didn't and brace was used.

Once brace is down, its flamer/nade/mortar fodder.
2 Sep 2015, 11:49 AM

They didn't and brace was used.

Once brace is down, its flamer/nade/mortar fodder.

Oh, thanks.
2 Sep 2015, 12:31 PM

How hard is it to beat Brits otherwise? Select close air and just Stuka-Bomb your way to London.

:clap::bananadance::romeoHairDay:
2 Sep 2015, 12:42 PM

The structures cost fuel and mp; they also delay tech and cant move.

Did i mention they cant move?

Brace is fine

By that logic OKW trucks should also have Brace
2 Sep 2015, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 12:42 PMCorsin

http://www.coh2.org/topic/39367/brace-needs-a-serious-nerf./post/385246

The moment T2 and T3 truck will cost 14 pop cap and T4 one 25, you can have brace on it.
2 Sep 2015, 13:18 PM

Brace is fine, really. the emplacements cost a lot, and for their cost they should not be killed too easily and yet they have their own counters and weaknesses which axis has in its arsenal.
2 Sep 2015, 13:24 PM

Brace is fine, really. the emplacements cost a lot, and for their cost they should not be killed too easily and yet they have their own counters and weaknesses which axis has in its arsenal.

If you will use stuka barrage on emplacements, they will get one shotted if they won't use brace.
So the counter dynamic is there, force brace, wait 30 seconds, nuke it.

Now axis have to use *gasp* TACTICS and TIMING! :hansWUT:
2 Sep 2015, 13:24 PM
Donator 22

a cooldown is needed. Nothing more
2 Sep 2015, 13:57 PM
2 Sep 2015, 14:03 PM

No because OKW trucks don't delay tech, they are tech and not suposed to be a part of a your army.
2 Sep 2015, 15:26 PM

If you will use stuka barrage on emplacements, they will get one shotted if they won't use brace.
So the counter dynamic is there, force brace, wait 30 seconds, nuke it.

Now axis have to use *gasp* TACTICS and TIMING! :hansWUT:

Stuka is too much of an investment lol, mht does the job and soon LefH will erase any sort of SIM city emplacements from the map.
2 Sep 2015, 15:39 PM

Except OKW trucks are tech, not units that cost pop-cap.. I swear your the older shit-poster version of Alex.
2 Sep 2015, 17:32 PM

It's hilarious how upset some people are in this thread that I simply am suggesting that a very useful ability have a cooldown timer, like you know, every other ability in the game.

It makes no sense that you can have an indefinite brace. It needs to have a cooldown timer so that there is a RISK to using it, not just benefits. I don't see how anyone could possibly argue against this. 1 minute cooldown for an ability that lasts 30 seconds is completely reasonable.
2 Sep 2015, 17:42 PM

Permanently Banned
It's hilarious how upset some people are in this thread that I simply am suggesting that a very useful ability have a cooldown timer, like you know, every other ability in the game.

It makes no sense that you can have an indefinite brace. It needs to have a cooldown timer so that there is a RISK to using it, not just benefits. I don't see how anyone could possibly argue against this. 1 minute cooldown for an ability that lasts 30 seconds is completely reasonable.

CUZ UR A NAZI ONLY FANBOY PLAYER. L2P.
2 Sep 2015, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Smoke and Flank
2 Sep 2015, 18:01 PM

The trade off is that the building is not able to do anything. Think of emplacements for UKF is like regular Units for everyone else.
If you force the enemy to brace, then that unit/structure is out of play for 30 seconds. The offset is the same if you had retreated/blitzed out of the engagement for fear of loosing the unit.
Emplacements are core to the british faction, hence they have brace so they dont just melt under lefh/stuka/CAS/Luftwaffles.

Brace is fine and doesn't need a cooldown.
2 Sep 2015, 18:05 PM

Free trial build isn't the final release build. Some old balance changes have been reverted as well according to Cruzzi. So just wait until the release build hits.

Then we can discuss anything considering Brits.

(if it indeed is the final release version, oh goodness gracious, we are in for a shitstorm :foreveralone:)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Korea, Republic Of 4
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak