Login

russian armor

Brace needs a serious nerf.

2 Sep 2015, 18:06 PM
Patrion 14

Brace may need some changes but a straight nerf is not required. The faction is already nearly impossible to use and this would outright destroy them.

Brace, to my understanding, prevents the unit from firing. This is a huge win for you already. Brace also does little to prevent flame damage. Don't rely on arty to take out Brit emplacements. Use mobile troops and flame to flush out infantry and then deal with the structure at your leisure.

:huh:
2 Sep 2015, 18:19 PM

It's hilarious how upset some people are in this thread that I simply am suggesting that a very useful ability have a cooldown timer, like you know, every other ability in the game.

It makes no sense that you can have an indefinite brace. It needs to have a cooldown timer so that there is a RISK to using it, not just benefits. I don't see how anyone could possibly argue against this. 1 minute cooldown for an ability that lasts 30 seconds is completely reasonable.

Except that a braced emplacement is doing nothing but eating up manpower and population cap. Think of a perpetually braced Brit emplacement the same way you would if you stuck a Panther in your base and just left it there -- It was expensive to build and could be doing something useful, but it's not. The difference is that a Panther idling safely in base can fight back if something comes after it, a braced structure (once any defenders are cleared) is demo-charge/flamethrower fodder.
2 Sep 2015, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 15:39 PMpugzii

Except OKW trucks are tech, not units that cost pop-cap.. I swear your the older shit-poster version of Alex.

Lol was gonna report you. but guess ill just verbally own you instead.

First of... I wasnt suggesting that OKW trucks get brace... I was pointing out an error in Rachets logic.

Secondly... Im well aware that they cost pop-cap (and so they should) But brace needs toning down, not removing but it should have a longer CD.

Thirdly... When you find your way out of Katitof's ass... Learn how to read things IN CONTEXT and fix your crappy personality that forces you to talk shit through a screen because IRL sucks that bad.

K all done.
2 Sep 2015, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 18:55 PMCorsin

Lol was gonna report you. but guess ill just verbally own you instead.

First of... I wasnt suggesting that OKW trucks get brace... I was pointing out an error in Rachets logic.

Secondly... Im well aware that they cost pop-cap (and so they should) But brace needs toning down, not removing but it should have a longer CD.

Thirdly... When you find your way out of Katitof's ass... Learn how to read things IN CONTEXT and fix your crappy personality that forces you to talk shit through a screen because IRL sucks that bad.

K all done.

I don't know man, that wasn't really verbal 'ownage', just felt like you were really struggling to piece together any form of constructive reply to your original comment... cute though.
2 Sep 2015, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 19:00 PMpugzii

I don't know man, that wasn't really verbal 'ownage', just felt like you were really struggling to piece together any form of constructive reply to your original comment... cute though.

Wow that butthurt huh?
You done with your childish antics yet?

Bring it back on topic please.

Brace too effective and cooldown too short/discuss...
2 Sep 2015, 19:07 PM

Brace is supposed to protect you from short assaults or quick nukes and it does exactly that, you can't retreat emplacement and inb4 PaK43 argument, you can protect it by placing it behind shot blockers.

Did u know that u can put mortar pit behind shot blockers too?
2 Sep 2015, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 19:05 PMCorsin

Wow that butthurt huh?
You done with your childish antics yet?

Bring it back on topic please.

Brace too effective and cooldown too short/discuss...

I thought you were going to report me, would seem like your the butthurt one kappa

Lets give OKW trucks brace
2 Sep 2015, 19:16 PM

All emplacements of all factions should have brace with a cool down. On OKW trucks it would stop the truck from building units or fighting back or healing/repairing.
2 Sep 2015, 19:20 PM

All emplacements of all factions should have brace with a cool down. On OKW trucks it would stop the truck from building units or fighting back or healing/repairing.

Then lets give OKW popcap too :)
2 Sep 2015, 19:27 PM

All emplacements of all factions should have brace with a cool down.

And cost fuel as well? They dont have them because they arent that expensive to replace. Just minor inconveniences.
2 Sep 2015, 19:28 PM

Did u know that u can put mortar pit behind shot blockers too?

http://www.coh2.org/topic/39367/brace-needs-a-serious-nerf./post/385250
2 Sep 2015, 19:36 PM

Permanently Banned

Except that a braced emplacement is doing nothing but eating up manpower and population cap. Think of a perpetually braced Brit emplacement the same way you would if you stuck a Panther in your base and just left it there -- It was expensive to build and could be doing something useful, but it's not. The difference is that a Panther idling safely in base can fight back if something comes after it, a braced structure (once any defenders are cleared) is demo-charge/flamethrower fodder.
I can tell you don't actually play axis at all by noticing that you think using a demo charge as axis is a strat.=, when no such thing exists for axis. .when you are attacking a braced structure with artillery. Both the braced structure and artillery did absolutely nothing. So emplacement costs resources, and arty costs resources. So by just sitting their absorbing hits for no damage you are effectively wasting your opponents resources
2 Sep 2015, 19:38 PM

And cost fuel as well? They dont have them because they arent that expensive to replace. Just minor inconveniences.

Well trucks already cost fuel and aren't easy to replace. The ML-20 and LeFH aren't exactly cheap either, and brace would reduce the effectiveness of 1 click counters.

Then lets give OKW popcap too :)

OKW trucks don't have crews like emplacements.
2 Sep 2015, 19:38 PM

Permanently Banned

What a joke
2 Sep 2015, 19:40 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I tried brace for the first time today... It makes emplacements harder to kill yes, but I don't think it is OP.
2 Sep 2015, 19:42 PM

Brace may need some changes but a straight nerf is not required. The faction is already nearly impossible to use and this would outright destroy them.

Brace, to my understanding, prevents the unit from firing. This is a huge win for you already. Brace also does little to prevent flame damage. Don't rely on arty to take out Brit emplacements. Use mobile troops and flame to flush out infantry and then deal with the structure at your leisure.

all those flame weapons OKW has
2 Sep 2015, 19:46 PM

OKW trucks don't have crews like emplacements.

I'm quite certain that I've seen 3 medics by one, 3 pios by another one and 2 gunners on last one.

Seems like crews operating in direct relation to the trucks to me.

all those flame weapons OKW has

Then I suppose its good that stuka barrage one shots all emplacements that aren't braced?
2 Sep 2015, 20:02 PM

You can hardcounter brace with flametrowers, since its not like they could stop you to burn the place down
2 Sep 2015, 20:10 PM

I don't think comparing emplacements to OKW trucks is really fair seeing as how OKW trucks are tech and you don't *need* to place them in the field whereas emplacements are by nature combat structures that need to be near the front line and thus are more prone to damage.

Personally I don't think Brace is really OP as it takes the emplacement out of combat and that is the downside to using it. It also requires the player to micro and pay attention to use it; it's not some automatic shield that activates.

If Relic deems it nerf worthy it could receive a slight nerf so that brace has decreasing effectiveness so that at activation it has its current 100% effectiveness and then it degrades over time to some lower percent via some timed drop off or depending on the degree of fire its taking so that sustained fire degrades the effectiveness of Brace as time goes on. If nerfed I'd argue that they should balance it out by making emplacements fire only 50% slower or something instead of nothing like right now.
2 Sep 2015, 22:00 PM

Brace on all? Yeah, an ML20, LeFH or god forbid B-4 with brace. No thank you.

Ok it seems everyone is arguing that brace is bad because it totally negates artillery. And well you are correct, that is the entire point. And it is a good point at that. Without it all games would be an arty/call-in spamfest.

The get-go solution to any static emplacement is artillery, as anyone with half a brain has figured ou; but we all know from Sittard how funny that is.

So now we have a faction that in part relies on static emplacements, how do we prevent every single game from being played with CAS/Luftwaffles/LeFH/Stuka Zu-fuss spam? Well we make sure that artillery is not the end-all solution to these emplacements of course.

Ta-da Brace.

Brace ultimatley provides a much more varied playstyle and enables and rewards bigger use of combined arms from both sides.
For the British it is a matter of your emplacements being quite squishy so they wont stand up 100% on their own, so you need more than just emplacements. Inorder for them to take any considerable damage you must first disable them.

And for the opponent instead of just artying your way forward you have to put some thought into attacking and dislodging the brits. And it isn’t much thought or coordination needed TBH.

Step 1. Send arty/flame barrage.
Step 2. Once brace is up roll in close with your units and force the non-static British power off.
3. Deal with the now remaining static positions, should be easy you just forced their entire army off/killed their tanks and what not. They brace again immediately. No problem just keep shooting, it’s no more annoying than trying to kill a retreating squad.

How are those steps any different from sending in an art/flame strike to get rid of enemy infantry before advancing?
I’ll repeat it again. Brace is simply the “retreat button” for british emplacements. They need it because their emplacements are very much part of their core army. Unlike the flavor artillery units of OST/SOV or the mobile bases of the OKW

Why wouldn't it work with adding a cooldown? Well simply put. First the german sends arty barrage, Brace is activated so things aren't killed. Then as soon as brace is off any other barrage is sent in right after. So you would need a 4 click counter instead of a 2 click. If it has a 30 sec cooldown its ultimate purpose has already been lost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★