Login

russian armor

Brits first impressions (post here)

PAGES (10)down
1 Sep 2015, 08:36 AM
Patrion 14

I don't think the 'sound bang bug'has ever left us. I have heard it after the alpha finished, when watching Twitch streams The recommendation is, that you adjust your sound settings to "low".

I can confirm, though. I didnt have the soundbug in like half a year. First 2 matches with ukf i had the bug 4(!) times and incredibly loud.
1 Sep 2015, 08:44 AM

The only 25 pdrs are in your base. One at T2 and the second at T3, as Katitof stated. You do not have to manually add them.

To activate them, you need to activate the red smoke button which comes up with e.g. your infantry section

OK, thx. I guess I am a bit stuck in how the brits used to Work in COH1.

I have to say that the artillery is pretty disappointing in this version. This is hardly going to be a big issue for the WM.

What I like best about the UKF atm is all the speaks. As well the very british ('A splendid Cromwell has just arrived') as the ironic comments (especially understatements of hughe damage), the more rude comments and the swearing. You gotta love that.
1 Sep 2015, 08:45 AM
Donator 11

I can confirm, though. I didnt have the soundbug in like half a year. First 2 matches with ukf i had the bug 4(!) times and incredibly loud.

Yes when I played the Ukf alpha i got it every other game, especially after they tried to fix it. Haven't heard it in the live build in months (though friends have)
1 Sep 2015, 08:51 AM

Big weaknesses in early game:
-Fighting against MG42 garrisons is super tough because
-No early mortar
-No early flamethrowers, and flamers are only in vehicles. And when Bren carrier finally gets a flamer there are so much counters for it anyway. (222, pak, vet 1 MG42, more grens fausting you, mines...)
-USA and Russians can rush buildings with two squads in point blank range, but for expensive and long range tommies it can be quite hard.
-Yep, i know that brits can research nades but its kinda risky to rush your expensive tommies to nade range and nades delay your teching.
-Ostheer sniper, need to say more? Sniper protected by grenadier squad is a tough nut to crack.

-All vehicles are strong, specially valentine made me nuts playing as ostheer.
1 Sep 2015, 08:53 AM

I wonder if brit nades still can't kill full hp models.

They were firecrackers in alpha.
1 Sep 2015, 08:58 AM
Donator 11

I was thinking about this post a lot, so please read carefully before replying:

AVRE, dafuq?
1 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM

Saw an almost full health StuG getting killed in a single firefly salvo (shot + the rockets). Took 4 seconds. Working as intended. :snfPeter:
1 Sep 2015, 09:08 AM

Saw an almost full health StuG getting killed in a single firefly salvo (shot + the rockets). Took 4 seconds. Working as intended. :snfPeter:

It actually does.

Its a skillshot and Firefly role isn't TD, but tank sniper, which relic have put heavy emphasis on in the alpha. This is why they reload for 10 seconds.
1 Sep 2015, 09:12 AM

It actually does.

Its a skillshot and Firefly role isn't TD, but tank sniper, which relic have put heavy emphasis on in the alpha. This is why they reload for 10 seconds.
Let me put that straight... the firefly oneshotting tanks is a "skillshot" but the Sturmtiger oneshotting stuff is overpowered?
1 Sep 2015, 09:24 AM

Let me put that straight... the firefly oneshotting tanks is a "skillshot" but the Sturmtiger oneshotting stuff is overpowered?

You said it yourself, its a cannon shot and two rockets.
It costs muni to upgrade and even more muni to shoot.
It can miss if you move, main cannon also doesn't have 100% accuracy or penetration.

Its on a fragile platform with mobility only slightly better then a heavy tank.
It have one job, kill tanks, its useless against infantry, single shreck squad can be its undoing because of its hp and mobility.

You are seriously comparing it to 5 fuel more expensive mini nuke launcher that with a single shot can obliterate tank and multiple infantry squads with no muni costs, with no warning(you'll get FF shot which will reveal its position before tulips fire), out of los, over shot blockers?

For real...? :snfBarton:

Brits bring heavy AT ordnance into the field, deal with it.
1 Sep 2015, 09:30 AM

A Top tier Dedicated tank sniper costing 155 fuel, with a 40 mun upgrade, firing an ability that cost 100 munition to fire and must hit without any AoE whatsoever is able to oneshot a 80 Fuel low tier StugIII; and can't do anithing against infantry
OH NOES! Where is the balance!
Balanced sturmtiger instead cost no munition to fire, an obliterates anything in is rather big AoE
Balanced axis is balanced, damn op british!
Anyway Ost is gonna utterly destroy british well BEFORE FF comes out
1 Sep 2015, 09:31 AM

I think it's working as intended as the skillshot has a LONG aimingtime :)
For you to hit a tank with both rockets, the opponent has to have 0 micro.
1 Sep 2015, 09:35 AM

I think it's working as intended as the skillshot has a LONG aimingtime :)
For you to hit a tank with both rockets, the opponent has to have 0 micro.
Or just the glorious pathing of an assault gun.
1 Sep 2015, 09:36 AM

You are seriously comparing it to 5 fuel more expensive mini nuke launcher that with a single shot can obliterate tank and multiple infantry squads with no muni costs, with no warning(you'll get FF shot which will reveal its position before tulips fire), out of los, over shot blockers?

For real...? :snfBarton:

Brits bring heavy AT ordnance into the field, deal with it.

I can admit I haven't seen Firefly yet but you nailed it there.

Sturmtiger is ri-di-culous. But luckily it's doctrinal so it's not that often seen. (Atleast in smaller games).
1 Sep 2015, 09:39 AM

Well thats Relic logic:
1.Create game which focuses on keeping your units alive and veting them.
2.Add abilitys that one shot full HP units. :)
1 Sep 2015, 09:47 AM

Or just the glorious pathing of an assault gun.

Haha :) Well yeah, or that :bananadance:
1 Sep 2015, 09:48 AM

enemy AVRE and my Strumtiger fire at each other... AVRE lived. ST dead...god i should have save it but i got so pissed so after game i just clicked search and i can't cancel it because as a german i got 0 sec delay into game now because everyone is ally....

Sturmtiger now also takes longer to vet up :foreveralone:
1 Sep 2015, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 02:09 AMTobis

I expected a good close range unit to work in conjunction with the long range rifle squads. Like with grens and pgrens, and volks and sturmpios.

sapper at vet 1 get the same cover bonus as the tommies. They are actually the best scaling engineer in the game, since they fight as well as line infantry. Even the sturmpioneer lack the sapper's durability and affordability.
1 Sep 2015, 10:07 AM

sapper at vet 1 get the same cover bonus as the tommies. They are actually the best scaling engineer in the game, since they fight as well as line infantry. Even the sturmpioneer lack the sapper's durability and affordability.

Their DPS is low though, even with LMG. At least that's what I've heard. They are 210MP (?) so I don't expect Sturmpio performance.
1 Sep 2015, 10:49 AM

I've yet to have a chance to play Brits yet since its impossible to get a game with them currently. :( How dare everyone else try out the new faction without me!

That said, it's been chillingly easy to crush brits early on, especially with how the MG-42 has been changed, that thing is ridiculous.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 66
unknown 3
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %