Login

russian armor

Brits first impressions (post here)

PAGES (10)down
1 Sep 2015, 02:45 AM

brits feel too slow early on, they need to buff tommies outside cover and make them slightly cheaper to maintain tbh

yeah they are way to expensive and wipe easily because of the 4 man squad and you have to pay to get them to 5 so you don't have to worry as much. There early game is really hard to survive. 1 wiped tommy squad is a HUGE deal.

Emplacements cost way too much MP and are taken out too easily to justify there cost.

Teching seems too expensive to me as well.
1 Sep 2015, 02:45 AM

I have pretty much the exact same thoughts as I did in the alpha (since not a whole lot seems to have changed since three months ago). Their late game is pretty good, but their early and even mid game is shit tier. They're basically like the Americans, except without mobility, good harrassment options, or cheap units. Their HMG is is decent, but its cost really compounds with the cost of everything else. They have no light, mobile artillery. They have no smoke to avoid MGs outside of a fragile emplacement, which, by the way, Relic removed the light and white phosphorous shells. WTF? Their first and second tier buildings feel extremely limited. It feels like there's this giant whole in their tech. Taking the map is basically impossible. You have to just pick one corner of the map and sit there until late game, unless your opponent just sucks. Even late game it's difficult if emplacements are eating up a huge bulk of your popcap. You really need to be able to deconstruct and rebuild emplacements, even if it's an upgrade you unlock at tier 3.

The 6-pounder AT gun sucks. Its arc is too narrow and it has no special ability as far as actual offensive power is concerned. Brits have no vehicle snares, so keeping tanks inside your AT gun arc is hard. Also, is it just me, or are all the tanks taking a lot more damage now? I'm really noticing this against the AI particularly. Is this some new AI cheat? <444>_<444> I shoot something with a Firefly and only like 1/6 of their health depletes, if that. Emplacements are too expensive for how fragile they are, which is something I thought Relic would've fixed in the months they've had to do something about it.

I've been playing Axis against them because of the search numbers, so this is coming from the Axis perspective, too. OKW has a hard time dealing with Bren carriers that kill your kubels, so you can't suppress their Tommy blob. Beyond that, Ostheer shits all over the British. I switched to Ost and just dumped on Brit players. There's very little they can do.

Overall, I think the Brits suck.
1 Sep 2015, 02:46 AM

Brits get rekt so hard by Ost it's not even funny.

Sniper + grens into 222 and they can't do anything, Bren is WC51 teir as a sniper counter and PIATs can't hit a 222 at all due to the way they track (good luck killing it any other way as IS have no AT grenades).

Unlike USF you don't get any infantry squads with tech, which combined with 35mp reinforce for IS makes the MP bleed while you rush to AEC unbearable. Brit sniper needs a desperate camo/Aim time buff to be able to countersnipe.

The bren flamer upgrade also comes about the same time as the 222, not sure what relic were thinking with that one (am I supposed to just drive around a toothless squad carrier until T2 for the upgrade?). The Bren carrier in general is just overpriced I guess.

The upgrade for squad sizes and grenades is a bad decision, UKF really can't afford them early game when they need it most. imo they should be stock five man squads and grenades bundled with the bren/PIAT's.

Emplacements are overpriced and die too easy. Why spend 400mp on an immobile mortar that gets countered by a single wehr mortar/ISG?

All in all relic said brits are the faction to be able to "hold ground" after they take it, but in reality they can't even take ground in the first place let alone hold it. They have a fundamentally flawed general infantry that need to rely on a cover gimmick to remain effective, all the while bleeding like crazy as they are so expensive.
1 Sep 2015, 02:48 AM

Gelsen-whatever Refinery is a HUGE map for 1v1 and 2v2, I think it is mis-labeled and should be for 3v3 and 4v4. The map is too big for Brits too effectively cover themselves and you have to be super-defensive or you just get rolled by infantry spam.

I have been finding that Brits lack effective offensive options, they seem almost too defensive and I fear when the Walking Stuka is un-bugged.
1 Sep 2015, 02:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 02:45 AMKothre

The 6-pounder AT gun sucks. Its arc is too narrow and it has no special ability as far as actual offensive power is concerned.

I wouldn't say having Pak40 penetration with better reload speed to be something you could characterize as "sucking". The 6-pounder is very good.
1 Sep 2015, 02:52 AM

I wouldn't say having Pak40 penetration with better reload speed to be something you could characterize as "sucking". The 6-pounder is very good.

I didn't get to play Brits online because of the player numbers, so maybe my reasoning on this is because of AI hacks. I swear the AI has new tank health cheats. This might have something to do with my reasoning. It barely does any damage.
1 Sep 2015, 02:59 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Revert the manpower changes to ostheer. :foreveralone:
1 Sep 2015, 03:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 02:52 AMKothre

I didn't get to play Brits online because of the player numbers, so maybe my reasoning on this is because of AI hacks. I swear the AI has new tank health cheats. This might have something to do with my reasoning. It barely does any damage.

Well the AI in the Alpha was notoriously bad, but the 6 Pounder does 160 damage just like every other AT gun. Basically as far as raw DPS goes it's the best in the game (considering it's more likely to pen than the USF AT gun anyway which is funny because IRL they were literally the exactm same gun lol).
1 Sep 2015, 03:16 AM

enemy AVRE and my Strumtiger fire at each other... AVRE lived. ST dead...god i should have save it but i got so pissed so after game i just clicked search and i can't cancel it because as a german i got 0 sec delay into game now because everyone is ally....
1 Sep 2015, 03:31 AM

1) build sniper

2) Brits lose
1 Sep 2015, 03:37 AM

Does anyone know the effective range of Brens vs. Lee Enfields? At max range, do standard rifles do more damage than Brens, or are Brens a straight upgrade at every range?
1 Sep 2015, 03:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 03:37 AMKothre
Does anyone know the effective range of Brens vs. Lee Enfields? At max range, do standard rifles do more damage than Brens, or are Brens a straight upgrade at every range?

Lee Enfields have (almost) flat accuracy meaning your DPS is going to be fairly even no matter were you are. Brens are actually inverse to all other LMG's having better accuracy up close and worse at far (although they still do quite good at far).

Were the Bren REALLY shines is when the squad is in cover, getting a sweet boost to reload and cooldown.
1 Sep 2015, 03:48 AM

Lee Enfields have (almost) flat accuracy meaning your DPS is going to be fairly even no matter were you are. Brens are actually inverse to all other LMG's having better accuracy up close and worse at far (although they still do quite good at far).

Were the Bren REALLY shines is when the squad is in cover, getting a sweet boost to reload and cooldown.

That's interesting. Do you know if even at max range, Brens do less damage than standard rifles? If you have a double Bren squad, is it in your best interest to back off and stay at max range? I'm just wondering if keeping the squad with only rifles is better if you stay all the way back.
1 Sep 2015, 03:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 03:48 AMKothre

That's interesting. Do you know if even at max range, Brens do less damage than standard rifles? If you have a double Bren squad, is it in your best interest to back off and stay at max range? I'm just wondering if keeping the squad with only rifles is better if you stay all the way back.

Nah, going double Bren is always worth it. Especially since rapid fire weapons help negate Axis squads with high received accuracy. And tbh moving around at all is not-recommendable with IS since their flat accuracy means that getting close really doesn't do you any favors.

Basically just stick to cover, don't get aggressive, and your IS will shine. If you want something that can close into CQC sticking Brens on Engineers isn't actually that bad of an idea since they are cheap and quite durable.
1 Sep 2015, 04:56 AM

1) build sniper

2) Brits lose

1) If it is a 1v1 game

2) Ost getting sniper/assgren in the first 2 mins

I would just quit.
1 Sep 2015, 05:02 AM

horrific balancing by relic. I figure'd there would be changes from the alpha.

the commando DPS is still silly, the stuka is bugged in the "trial", the sound bang bug is back I think (did they ever fix it?) havent heard it in forever until a game I just played. Brits play simcity again, boring as hell matches.

very disappointed. Trying to decide if I should kill my preorder on steam (if its still possible)

1 Sep 2015, 05:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 02:46 AMRollo
Emplacements are overpriced and die too easy. Why spend 400mp on an immobile mortar that gets countered by a single wehr mortar/ISG?

disagree - the 17 pounder emplacement with a vickers in it might as well be invincible.

context being it was supported, they had about 5 mortar emplacements, and the shitty map design meant all of it was basically sitting on top of a victory point right outside a UKF base. Combine that with the awful stuka bug (it fires one rocket), the whole trial is useless.
1 Sep 2015, 05:08 AM

Notice: My experience is from playing ostheer as I couldn't get a game as brits.

Mmm... While not trying it myself double sniper seems like it would destroy the Brits as Ostheer. For example I had went up against comm_ash in a 2v2 automatch and we really only won because of the gigantic bleed that the sniper provides.

Overall Brits just get wrecked by the Sniper; relic needs to adjust the reinforcement costs of infantry sections or number of men in the squad to 5 to help balance this out.. Perhaps.

I also think the commandos are way to damn strong. They appear out of nowhere on some maps and can easily wipe squads due to the camo and grenade.

I think the emplacements are fine. I didn't encounter any real problem playing against them.

Do I enjoy playing against the british? Yes! Unlike with Soviets and USF this faction does have diversity. I dislike the spamming of units and the brits are a combined force. I do not find myself upset due to a spammage of units as this doesn't really happen.

From playing as the british in skirmish they seem slightly OP but it is different in skirmish than Automatch. And in Automatch given I've won all but one of my 2v2's today.

They're on par with Ostheer and just need some adjustments to truly make them a good balanced faction overall.

1 Sep 2015, 05:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 02:45 AMKothre
I have pretty much the exact same thoughts as I did in the alpha (since not a whole lot seems to have changed since three months ago). Their late game is pretty good, but their early and even mid game is shit tier. They're basically like the Americans, except without mobility, good harrassment options, or cheap units. Their HMG is is decent, but its cost really compounds with the cost of everything else. They have no light, mobile artillery. They have no smoke to avoid MGs outside of a fragile emplacement, which, by the way, Relic removed the light and white phosphorous shells. WTF? Their first and second tier buildings feel extremely limited. It feels like there's this giant whole in their tech. Taking the map is basically impossible. You have to just pick one corner of the map and sit there until late game, unless your opponent just sucks. Even late game it's difficult if emplacements are eating up a huge bulk of your popcap. You really need to be able to deconstruct and rebuild emplacements, even if it's an upgrade you unlock at tier 3.

The 6-pounder AT gun sucks. Its arc is too narrow and it has no special ability as far as actual offensive power is concerned. Brits have no vehicle snares, so keeping tanks inside your AT gun arc is hard. Also, is it just me, or are all the tanks taking a lot more damage now? I'm really noticing this against the AI particularly. Is this some new AI cheat? <444>_<444> I shoot something with a Firefly and only like 1/6 of their health depletes, if that. Emplacements are too expensive for how fragile they are, which is something I thought Relic would've fixed in the months they've had to do something about it.

I've been playing Axis against them because of the search numbers, so this is coming from the Axis perspective, too. OKW has a hard time dealing with Bren carriers that kill your kubels, so you can't suppress their Tommy blob. Beyond that, Ostheer shits all over the British. I switched to Ost and just dumped on Brit players. There's very little they can do.

Overall, I think the Brits suck.

OKW struggle generally since they have shit for indirect fire and house clearing weapons (which has been a problem since forever) but Ost players wreck.
1 Sep 2015, 05:13 AM

playing a 2v2 against UKF and Soviet as OKW will give me night terrors.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment