Login

russian armor

G43s - What's The Point?

29 Aug 2015, 10:45 AM

I really don't understand what the purpose of the Ostheer Jaeger Light Infantry Upgrade is right now. It's a crappy upgrade for Panzer Grenadiers and it's not explicitly better than the LMG42 upgrade for regular Grenadiers, either. I get that it will outperform the LMG42 at close range and while moving, but a special commander upgrade should be doing a bit more than that. (And yeah, I know about the interrogation feature, but is that really that big a deal?) In their current iteration, the G43s are a redundant and rather underwhelming commander ability.

Same thing goes, I guess, for the Soviet PPSh Package, which seems pretty meh as well. I don't really use it (doesn't that says something right there), so it's hard for me to assess.

TL;DR. The Jaeger Light Infantry Upgrade needs to be changed so that it's more than a novelty alternative to the LMG42.
29 Aug 2015, 10:55 AM

I really don't understand what the purpose of the Ostheer Jaeger Light Infantry Upgrade is right now. It's a crappy upgrade for Panzer Grenadiers and it's not explicitly better than the LMG42 upgrade for regular Grenadiers, either. I get that it will outperform the LMG42 at close range and while moving, but a special commander upgrade should be doing a bit more than that. (And yeah, I know about the interrogation feature, but is that really that big a deal?) In their current iteration, the G43s are a redundant and rather underwhelming commander ability.

Same thing goes, I guess, for the Soviet PPSh Package, which seems pretty meh as well. I don't really use it (doesn't that says something right there), so it's hard for me to assess.

TL;DR. The Jaeger Light Infantry Upgrade needs to be changed so that it's more than a novelty alternative to the LMG42.

its fine. mobile grens!
29 Aug 2015, 10:57 AM

Nothing wrong with it. Sacrificing high long range dps for better close range dps, better mobility, a maphack ability and it's cheaper than the LMG.
29 Aug 2015, 11:01 AM

G43s are god damn good. It's cheaper then lmg42 therefore you can save more ammo on mines or upgrades. In my opinion g43 better then mg42.
29 Aug 2015, 11:12 AM
Donator 11

... It's a crappy upgrade for Panzer Grenadiers and it's not explicitly better than the LMG42 upgrade for regular Grenadiers, either...

Wouldn't use it on PGrens anyways, they got good short / mid range dps to begin with.

G43s change the role of Grens - so you kinda have to play them accordingly. I would appreciate some slight (!) buff as well though - maybe give them increased sight?
29 Aug 2015, 18:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They are fine upgrade on Grens.

PG: i'll rather up the cost of it to 60 an give them Scoped G43 which has a chance of sniping models.
29 Aug 2015, 19:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

PG: i'll rather up the cost of it to 60 an give them Scoped G43 which has a chance of sniping models.
That'd definitely work.
29 Aug 2015, 19:03 PM
Developer Relic Badge

If PGs got a scoped G43, you'd still need the entire squad to have a weapon swap as those assault rifles don't really mix well as you'd want to stick at range rather than mid-short.

Give them something between the Ober and Grenadier Kar98?
29 Aug 2015, 19:04 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

G43s are awesome. They allow you to play ostheer more aggressively than with LMG42s.

Check out this replay.
29 Aug 2015, 19:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If PGs got a scoped G43, you'd still need the entire squad to have a weapon swap as those assault rifles don't really mix well as you'd want to stick at range rather than mid-short.

Well, to be frank, the only significant advantage to PG G43s on them is a small improvement to long-range DPS...so it can't really get worse.
29 Aug 2015, 19:09 PM

interrogation is a big big deal.
29 Aug 2015, 19:14 PM

G43's are awesome for chasing low units and wiping them. Actually only way to do it with grens :banana:
29 Aug 2015, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 19:04 PMluvnest
G43s are awesome. They allow you to play ostheer more aggressively than with LMG42s.

Check out this replay.

Exactly what Luvnest said. They allow you to be more mobile and not have to stop to get that deadly DPS. Heck, I have had Soviet opponents run at me with a shock squad and then realise just how deadly G43s are!

interrogation is a big big deal.

Again, a fine point being made here. Interrogation is great, especially vs USF. You've just have a big battle, the forces have retreated and interrogation could provide intel about where his forward retreat point is, drop a flame bomb on him from your mortar HT and GG. And even if that kind of thing doesn't happen, it can provide you with a vital look into his FOW. Just knowing that point XYZ is undefended is worthwhile enough IMO.

29 Aug 2015, 19:53 PM
Patrion 27

Exactly what Luvnest said. They allow you to be more mobile and not have to stop to get that deadly DPS. Heck, I have had Soviet opponents run at me with a shock squad and then realise just how deadly G43s are!

Again, a fine point being made here. Interrogation is great, especially vs USF. You've just have a big battle, the forces have retreated and interrogation could provide intel about where his forward retreat point is, drop a flame bomb on him from your mortar HT and GG. And even if that kind of thing doesn't happen, it can provide you with a vital look into his FOW. Just knowing that point XYZ is undefended is worthwhile enough IMO.

Just a note: G43 and Mortar HT aren't in the same commander.
29 Aug 2015, 19:56 PM

Wait why? JLI fight just fine at short range. And taking away the StG's would be a considerable downgrade and nobody wants that.
29 Aug 2015, 20:00 PM

Just a note: G43 and Mortar HT aren't in the same commander.

Good point! Brain fart lol. But there are commanders that have G43s and other stuff to drop on 'em.

Custom Commander - G43s, Mortar HT, Panzer Tactician, Recon Run, Stuka Strafe. :crazy:
29 Aug 2015, 20:06 PM

Wait why? JLI fight just fine at short range. And taking away the StG's would be a considerable downgrade and nobody wants that.

JLI are actually worse in close range than they are at far due to the reduced accuracy of the scoped G43 at close ranges. Pathfinders and JLI are most effective fighting enemies at range.
30 Aug 2015, 06:29 AM

g43 turn grenadier into pseudo panzergrenadier. It's useful on smaller map where the lmg42 isn't as useful.
30 Aug 2015, 06:51 AM

What Firesparks said, on close maps like Stalingrad G43s can really turn the tide in Ostheer's favor if you have several G43 Grens roaming about in CQC
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment