Login

russian armor

Reskin the old factions: Ostheer and Soviets

29 Aug 2015, 12:24 PM

they look so awesome <444>333
29 Aug 2015, 13:06 PM

I can agree with some rugged appearance for the winter appearance of the german grenadier during the winter; they had shitty gear for low temperatures to they had to salvage anything to protect themselves from the cold; but a fur shawl isn't even remotly accurate of what they would find.

Volksgrenadier`s winter gear is the most historically accurate uniform in the game currently as it was the standard winter german gear ( Looks good but was awefull for cold )

29 Aug 2015, 13:11 PM

I can agree with some rugged appearance for the winter appearance of the german grenadier during the winter; they had shitty gear for low temperatures to they had to salvage anything to protect themselves from the cold; but a fur shawl isn't even remotly accurate of what they would find.

Volksgrenadier`s winter gear is the most historically accurate uniform in the game currently as it was the standard winter german gear ( Looks good but was awefull for cold )

Again, the winter grenadier uniform is a uniform that actually existed. It was used by Waffen SS soldiers. The only thing about it that's wrong is the colour of it in-game.
29 Aug 2015, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 01:31 AMTalore
It is kinda weird that only western front vehicles can brew up when they are killed.

+1
29 Aug 2015, 13:34 PM

I think the soviet skins are kinda good (especially Penals and Shocks). They give you that soviet feel, whereas Ostheer seems weird and does not support the WW2 eastern front atmosphere very well (except Osttruppen!).

They could, however, make sth that is what OKW is to Ostheer: A 2nd soviet faction with unit designs that fans of the nation want. So Guards with helmets, actual Stelky with stock PPsH upgrades, real Combat Engineers (with Body armor and strong, kind of what Sturmpios are to normal Pios), latewar stock tanks etc. Then every nation would have at least 1 ''fresh'' representation ... and we could just ignore the vanilla facions :P
But that's a whole different story...
29 Aug 2015, 13:48 PM

a very interesting feature could be to change the skins of units just like for tanks, but only if there are different unifoms

for expample to have a pool of skins and you can set some of them up (maybe 2) and your ingame units randomly have them

would make me happy if this little thing would appear to make the whole battle szenery more crazy war like where soldiers of same unit kind have diffent skins or looks depending what they did befor or found
29 Aug 2015, 15:08 PM
Donator 11

I also don't really understand that weird green color they give some ostheer units. Never seen anything like that before. Tripwire did a good job imo with the eastern front german troops.

29 Aug 2015, 15:37 PM

Id pay for new infantry skins. And Im not the only one for sure.

Feels like a missed business opportunity for relic.

And this is where my dislike comes around. Why do we need to pay for a skin pack? A skin for a tank or a unit? One guy makes that in like 3 hours. And then for 3 different skins, they ask like what 5 euros?

Lol I still don't get why you would pay for such a thing.
29 Aug 2015, 16:22 PM

And this is where my dislike comes around. Why do we need to pay for a skin pack? A skin for a tank or a unit? One guy makes that in like 3 hours. And then for 3 different skins, they ask like what 5 euros?

I really don't think it matters if you understand it, you don't have to buy it, you can get it through warspoils. But there are many people who would buy it and if they want to that's fine. Or do you prefer getting nothing because relic doesn't earn any money if they make it for free?
29 Aug 2015, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 16:22 PMMoBo111

I really don't think it matters if you understand it, you don't have to buy it, you can get it through warspoils. But there are many people who would buy it and if they want to that's fine. Or do you prefer getting nothing because relic doesn't earn any money if they make it for free?

They get enough money via full copies, DLC expansions, the single player expansions, dlc commanders. Why can't we just get skins for free? They could show some passion for their game and give some stuff for free considering skins.

Not the blood spats and faceplates:foreveralone:
29 Aug 2015, 17:19 PM

They get enough money via full copies, DLC expansions, the single player expansions, dlc commanders. Why can't we just get skins for free? They could show some passion for their game and give some stuff for free considering skins.

Not the blood spats and faceplates:foreveralone:

Well, it doesn't really matter, i don't think relic will do anything like that for free, so either you can get them by paying or through warspoils. I really doubt that relic will invest time and money into this if they get nothing out of it.. and if i'm wrong and they do it for free i'm happy because i like getting stuff for free too.
29 Aug 2015, 18:23 PM

This is not something we should pay for though, the panzer IV updated model was free with AA for Ostheer.
29 Aug 2015, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 17:19 PMMoBo111

Well, it doesn't really matter, i don't think relic will do anything like that for free, so either you can get them by paying or through warspoils. I really doubt that relic will invest time and money into this if they get nothing out of it.. and if i'm wrong and they do it for free i'm happy because i like getting stuff for free too.

Agreed dear Sir
29 Aug 2015, 21:31 PM
Donator 11

I have a job and spend 10euro on lunch almost on a daily base. Gaming is a hobby of mine and Im rly into history, so spending 99cent on some skin is not a consideration, its a click and buy. If I want to save money, I cook more. :)

Im sure there are many people around who think in the same direction.

Expecting relic to put payed working hours into something which gains no money and is not necessary for gameplay is like expecting to get free food at a restaurant because it would be nice PR. CoH2 is not LoL and even there you pay a lot for skins n stuff.

Of course I respect anyone who wont put any extra money into such stuff. Its a matter of interest and wallet size I guess.
Hux
29 Aug 2015, 21:41 PM
Patrion 14

I wonder if that guy Halftrack who used to do all those amazing coh1 Redskins is still at it? I'd love to see him release something with new modding tools, what a legend that guy was!
29 Aug 2015, 21:43 PM

Id pay for new infantry skins. And Im not the only one for sure.

Feels like a missed business opportunity for relic.

They'll never make alternate Infantry skins, because the skins are important in identifying a unit. This isn't a problem with vehicles because those are large and have distinct shapes. Infantry are small and roughly the same shape, so their skins are one way to quickly tell them apart.

I also don't really understand that weird green color they give some ostheer units. Never seen anything like that before. Tripwire did a good job imo with the eastern front german troops.

Again this has to do with unit identification. Soviets are bright yellow-tan to make identification easy. Same with Americans who instead of olive green are fairly light green, which stands out and is unique, or Volksgrenadiers who have bright grey uniforms.
29 Aug 2015, 21:43 PM

I have a job and spend 10euro on lunch almost on a daily base. Gaming is a hobby of mine and Im rly into history, so spending 99cent on some skin is not a consideration, its a click and buy. If I want to save money, I cook more. :)

Im sure there are many people around who think in the same direction.

Expecting relic to put payed working hours into something which gains no money and is not necessary for gameplay is like expecting to get free food at a restaurant because it would be nice PR. CoH2 is not LoL and even there you pay a lot for skins n stuff.

Of course I respect anyone who wont put any extra money into such stuff. Its a matter of interest and wallet size I guess.

In Groningen The Netherlands you do get free food at restaurants. Appetizers with bread and free drinks when you take a full menu.

And in the way you are putting it, isn't it weird that staff that take your orders while working in a company that charges you money for certain food items and then the staff expects you to give them money for the services they provide you (tips). While it is just their job?

If we factor this in, shouldn't Relic be giving us free skins because we play their game. Surely we should get some reward right, we are the loyal but small playerbase.
29 Aug 2015, 22:13 PM

btw what winter uniform for grens are u talking about as far as i know from a book of a former ss soldier of the 7th company of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler, in german this book is called Verlorene Ehre Verratene Treue(quite good one), there were only clothes which hardly protected the soldiers from the cold and most of them tried to get shoes,caps,trousers and whatever from the dead russians... anyone correct me if i m wrong
29 Aug 2015, 22:39 PM

They'll never make alternate Infantry skins, because the skins are important in identifying a unit. This isn't a problem with vehicles because those are large and have distinct shapes. Infantry are small and roughly the same shape, so their skins are one way to quickly tell them apart.

Again this has to do with unit identification. Soviets are bright yellow-tan to make identification easy. Same with Americans who instead of olive green are fairly light green, which stands out and is unique, or Volksgrenadiers who have bright grey uniforms.

Every unit has a symbol over their heads signifying what they are. Identification of skin doesnt really matter at all.
29 Aug 2015, 23:32 PM
Donator 11

Relic has been updating animations and some textures bit by bit in some patches so its not implausible that we might see some revision of old units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 72
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment