Login

russian armor

British Patch 3 Sep

PAGES (15)down
27 Aug 2015, 08:44 AM
Donator 22

can't wait to see how it works, to not build a howitzer in the HQ area.
27 Aug 2015, 08:44 AM
Donator 11

The notes don't mention the new animations are they in also Relic?
27 Aug 2015, 08:46 AM

And ty for replying Jason; its good to hear from you guys and everyone here loves pitching in the development process
27 Aug 2015, 08:47 AM

To all who say soviet t1 is now dead,
It actually died previous patch just because of MAXIM SPAM ATTACK MOVE CHEESE.

Maxim spam into M5 rush, gg
27 Aug 2015, 08:55 AM

okw changes

strums
reduce the bulid time for reinforced wire
reduce the needed vet to reach vet 3 or move the concussion to vet2

raketen
add a fifth crew member or do some thing about the units spacing cuz right now it gets wiped with one shot most of the time cuz the gun is so small that the crew is very close together

leig
it vet levels must be reworked as well as experience needed to vet up, and its vet ability changed to something more useful

jagd panzer
fix the bug where its barrel does not move

IR ht
add 10 fuel cost

flack ht
reduce cost in fuel or remove set up time (still can't shoot on the move)

obers
reduce cost I'm mp and reinforce cost or make them spawn with lmgs again

27 Aug 2015, 08:57 AM
Donator 11

Move the Quad to T4 and trade for the Katyusha. Then it won't be OP. But as it is now, it's OP because of how early it shows up.

Do that and you will never see it again. Relic wants to have light vehicle play. No one used M5 and SU 76 before, they are not OP, learn to deal with them
27 Aug 2015, 09:20 AM

Well, people have never used the M3 to just drop squads off on the map due to size, though it is a nifty mobile capper getting those engies everywhere to plant mines and other nasty things. Also nice for getting LOS as it gets 50 sight like all other scout cars.

Actually I just never use them to drop infantry off because you can't shift + queue drop-off and move. I think if we could queue up drop offs for infantry, people would use it for that more often.

Do that and you will never see it again. Relic wants to have light vehicle play. No one used M5 and SU 76 before, they are not OP, learn to deal with them

It is very much OP. It comes out before Ostheer T3, but counters everything below it. If you lose a Quad, it's because you fucked up. It's the most durable HT in the game with the most lethal HT weapon. Even the dedicated 251/17 with a set up time has a chance to beat a Quad driving in circles, it's just utterly superior to anything below a Puma. It needs something done to it.
27 Aug 2015, 09:27 AM
Donator 11

Actually I just never use them to drop infantry off because you can't shift + queue drop-off and move. I think if we could queue up drop offs for infantry, people would use it for that more often.

It is very much OP. It comes out before Ostheer T3, but counters everything below it. If you lose a Quad, it's because you fucked up. It's the most durable HT in the game with the most lethal HT weapon. Even the dedicated 251/17 with a set up time has a chance to beat a Quad driving in circles, it's just utterly superior to anything below a Puma. It needs something done to it.

Dude OS T3 gives you mediums, Soviet T3 gives you lights. You can't compare these two and a lot of people have said this before.
27 Aug 2015, 09:34 AM

Dude OS T3 gives you mediums, Soviet T3 gives you lights. You can't compare these two and a lot of people have said this before.

I didn't mean them as a direct comparison, I worded that poorly. Ostheer T3 gives you Medium Tanks, Soviet T3 gives you Light Armour. But Ostheer T2 gives you no sturdy Light Armour, you have the 251 and the 222. The 251 is the weakest Half-Track after the USF M3 Half-Track (which is utter shit and for another topic), and the 222 cannot hold its ground against any light vehicle that isn't a Scout Car (or USF M3, still crap). That means for Ostheer to effectively counter the Quad (without relying on Soviet to make a mistake) he must tech to T3 and get a Tank.
27 Aug 2015, 09:35 AM
Donator 22

SU76 light vehicle :foreveralone: Kappa
27 Aug 2015, 09:58 AM

By "regular mine" I assumed they meant Soviet style mine sorta like what they had in coh1. But we'll see I guess. They could just mean it doesn't do wierd crit stuff aynmore and instead just does damage.
27 Aug 2015, 10:24 AM

can't wait to see how it works, to not build a howitzer in the HQ area.
This change isn't going to do anything, IMO, especially in 2v2. I mean, it's really not that difficult or even particularly risky to build a howitzer a few meters outside of your base sector. This is coming from a guy who uses the LeFH-18 in about 75& of my 2v2 games (and about 50% of the time in 1v1).
27 Aug 2015, 11:06 AM

I also wonder how much the idea of not being able to build howi in HQ area will change things, not too sure how large the hq area is in some maps. In 2v2 maps, there can be some thick forest area or other blockers, where the howi is natural to place and easy to defend, only a bit outside the hq area but very close to it still.
This fix helps a bit probably but perhaps wasn't the best community idea..

Then again the plain less damage should help. Gotta love tho, that instead of this community rejoicing over ML-20 nerfdown, there are equal or even more tears over it. ML-20 defence force. :foreveralone:
27 Aug 2015, 11:17 AM
Donator 11

Soft nerfs like this are much more preferable to hard nerfs to damage etc. (though we have some of that too). It's a small change but it improves gameplay and should always be tried before stats nerfs
27 Aug 2015, 11:29 AM
Benefactor 3110

Hi,

i can´t say anything to the brits but plz make the hamburg map look awesome. Btw i really think relic is going (back) on track, i am considering partly changing my signature SOON™.

Best Regards
awa59

27 Aug 2015, 11:29 AM

This change isn't going to do anything, IMO, especially in 2v2. I mean, it's really not that difficult or even particularly risky to build a howitzer a few meters outside of your base sector. This is coming from a guy who uses the LeFH-18 in about 75& of my 2v2 games (and about 50% of the time in 1v1).

Kind of what I'm thinking. It's rare to be able to push up to an opponent's base outside of a 1v1. A Howie covered by base MGs will still be protected from infantry and only be marginally more vulnerable to tanks. The scenario where I see this being useful, however, is when there is a large treeline in front of the base sector (think Langraskya or Crossing) that you'd traditionally put a howitzer behind. In that instance the Howie would have to sit just outside the base as close to the corner of the map as possible while still being in range of the enemy base.

Still, can't hurt to give it a try.
27 Aug 2015, 11:33 AM

M5 not changed, come on Relic!!!! M5 is just too OP now, change it goddamnit!!

Literally one post above yours is this one:

Kyle already said the notes aren't final and the Quad is being looked at.

Learn to read before posting rageposts.

27 Aug 2015, 11:35 AM

If Artillery are going to be sitting in the open, they need a huge target size reduction + sandbags like Pak 43.
27 Aug 2015, 11:44 AM

Except Soviet T3 costs a fraction of Ostheer T3. So it's not like your paying the same for less.
27 Aug 2015, 11:47 AM

SU-76 and Quad still need nerfs.

SU-76 should not have the same penetration as SU-85, at the same time as being much more mobile and having a barrage ability.

Quad still does too much damage. It can suppress, reinforce, shoot down planes, and kill most light vehicles already. Its damage should be lowered.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
unknown 18
Russian Federation 10
United States 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L