Login

russian armor

British Patch 3 Sep

PAGES (15)down
26 Aug 2015, 20:23 PM

hopefully it's as good as it sounds...
1 of 5 Relic postsRelic 26 Aug 2015, 20:29 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Could somebody explain to me how the new target tables work?
As far as I remember, vCoH used them to determine every damage from one unit to any other.
But in CoH2 it has to be some kind of different, or am I wrong?

Its quite simple. Its a table that allows us to set specific accuracy/dmg/penetration/suppression multiplier towards either a specific unit or unit type. Its a much more flexible version of what we had in vCOH1.

Sometimes when attempting to balance a unit against some unit types, it breaks the balance with others. Its good practice to attempt to create balance without the use of target tables first but in the case where we NEED to create a specific dynamic between 2 units or unit types, it just make it a lot easier to accomplish.
26 Aug 2015, 20:30 PM

For the ML-20 They should have just reduced the damage to around 200, then gave it 20% more damage at Vet 3.

Right now (as in including these changes) both howitzers are exactly the same except the LefH fires (4) more shells at vet 0, and 2 more at Vet 1. Also before anyone brings up counter-barrage there is no advantage to using it over the normal barrage, as it fires less shells and targets mortars over more dangerous artillery pieces.
26 Aug 2015, 20:37 PM

Its quite simple. Its a table that allows us to set specific accuracy/dmg/penetration/suppression multiplier towards either a specific unit or unit type. Its a much more flexible version of what we had in vCOH1.

Sometimes when attempting to balance a unit against some unit types, it breaks the balance with others. Its good practice to attempt to create balance without the use of target tables first but in the case where we NEED to create a specific dynamic between 2 units or unit types, it just make it a lot easier to accomplish.

Thanks for the explanation.

26 Aug 2015, 20:38 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What is that pudding about your ranks decaying after not playing for 2 weeks? What kind of madness is this? I'm sure every player happened to have a 2 week or longer break from the game and everybody likes the fact that their ranks stayed where they were after it. I love this game but I hate games that try to addict you even more.

Sometimes you just need to work, play another game for a while or even go on holidays...

Play 1 game and get it back...
26 Aug 2015, 20:42 PM

I hope this gets fixed.
26 Aug 2015, 20:46 PM

I will admit I quite excited, I do wonder with the delayed release however? Maybe they are still fixing, fine tuning, or such. I do hope they fix the .50cal bugs but overall I am pleased with this. (I was sorta speechless at the changes until I read at the bottom of more to come heh.)
2 of 5 Relic postsRelic 26 Aug 2015, 20:57 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 20:42 PMwuff

I hope this gets fixed.

In the Balance Preview Mod. Not all the Balance udpates in the sept 3rd patch are final and hoping to get it right during the Preview process along with some balance issues that arise from TBF.

Look at a lot of balance updates in the sept 3rd patch and in the balance preview(that is to come soon) as a starting point, and we can get numbers right together :)

The Mod has limitations where it can't preview updated text or code. So any balance update that requires those things we need to patch.
26 Aug 2015, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 18:50 PMnigo
Thanks Jason Lee aka THE GOD LEE.

ALL PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JASON LEE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of changes and fixes seem solid, along with the bug fixes.
I'm very psyched about Damage tables. Imagine the possibilities it creates for balance. USFs mines are also a huge step forward, but I think they have to add those light mines to RETs as a core utility.

ML 20 is a bit overkill. 200 or so might be better, although this will change meta.

Flamer changes are also great IMO, damage over time to clear the buildings and heavy cover. Very effective versus garrisoned HMG42s and maxims.

But more importantly, INFANTRY SPACING.

26 Aug 2015, 21:02 PM

Infantry Company Meta inbound! Now not only do Riflemen get the best LMG in the game and have the option for 2 of them, with instant cover and suppression anywhere at anytime. But now Riflemen can also lay the best mine in the game, even though they are core infantry.
26 Aug 2015, 21:04 PM

To be fair Riflemen are meant to the baseline, most versatile infantry squad for a faction. They should be one of the best scaling and have good utility. I do hope they provide stats for the veterancy of the British, makes the jobs of those stat finders much easier for the poor lads.
26 Aug 2015, 21:07 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 18:35 PMFanatic
Is this maybe the end of some squad wipes?

Obers and Falls like this
26 Aug 2015, 21:07 PM

Any words regarding the insane amount of crashes and bug splats?

Especially the instant game crash after a ended game.
26 Aug 2015, 21:11 PM

To be fair Riflemen are meant to the baseline, most versatile infantry squad for a faction. They should be one of the best scaling and have good utility. I do hope they provide stats for the veterancy of the British, makes the jobs of those stat finders much easier for the poor lads.

The way British Vet worked (assuming they haven't changed it) is that you have a lot of stuff packed into each level of vet (with high requirements ofc). They essentially have vet 5 for all intensive purposes. Which raises the question why didn't they just do this with OKW.
3 of 5 Relic postsRelic 26 Aug 2015, 21:12 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 18:35 PMFanatic
Is this maybe the end of some squad wipes?

Units will still clump when in cover. Its the only way they can fit in cover.

Its a choice the player will have to make when facing the enemy. If there is a lot of AOE damage coming your way, you might not want to be in cover.

This is also true when facing flamethrower units. Your squads take much less damage when you stand outside cover because they don't clump up.
26 Aug 2015, 21:16 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Its a choice the player will have to make when facing the enemy. If there is a lot of AOE damage coming your way, you might not want to be in cover.

This is also true when facing flamethrower units. Your squads take much less damage when you stand outside cover because they don't clump up.

That sounds like now it should work like it is supposed too because AoE weapons like ARtillery and Mortars should deny diggin'-in-playstyle

Thanks for posting here Jason. Your live commentary makes understanding the notes a lot easier :)
Patrion 15

26 Aug 2015, 21:21 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

RIP KV-8.

It was good while it lasted ^^
26 Aug 2015, 21:24 PM

RIP KV-8.

I don't see how making it much much more effective against slow hard to move units like weapons teams, garrisoned buildings, and so on will kill it. Like I would gladly take more consistent performance (which is what we are getting) instead of just base diving which is what we have now.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS