Login

russian armor

Need a stat master.

18 Aug 2015, 00:16 AM

Ok so i was look at the Coh 2 stat site to try and compare the HMG (MG 42, MG 34 .50 Cal, Kuble, and Maxism). i cant make heads or tails of the stats so i am looking for someone who can to answer a few questions.

1. Why dose the .50 cal cost more? do some stats justify this?

2. What makes it to were mg42 and kubles have no problem suppressing units in green cover at any range while maxism, mg 34, and .50 cals cant most of the times?

3. what makes the MG 42 so much better at suppressing units on mass and in a larger area then all other HMGs?

4 what stats govern suppress? do damage, accuracy, or rate of fire pay a factor?

Any help would be great.
18 Aug 2015, 00:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ok so i was look at the Coh 2 stat site to try and compare the HMG (MG 42, MG 34 .50 Cal, Kuble, and Maxism). i cant make heads or tails of the stats so i am looking for someone who can to answer a few questions.

2. What makes it to were mg42 and kubles have no problem suppressing units in green cover at any range while maxism, mg 34, and .50 cals cant most of the times?

3. what makes the MG 42 so much better at suppressing units on mass and in a larger area then all other HMGs?

4 what stats govern suppress? do damage, accuracy, or rate of fire pay a factor?

Any help would be great.

1 relic doesn't like USF
2 that's not true, I've stood in front of kubels for a full minute without getting suppressed. Make sure ur fully in cover
3 not true
4 *incremental accuracy and rate of fire
18 Aug 2015, 00:23 AM

Any help would be great.

1. Unfortunately no, the 50 Cal is overpriced for its performance. The largest problem is the small and squishy crew facing down long-range units. The gun itself performs well.

2. Probably squad sizes. More men is usually favourable, but it also means sometimes they can't all fit in cover. If one man is out of cover, everyone gets suppressed.

3. High Suppression combined with high AOE Suppression and Incremental Accuracy makes the MG 42 formidable for both individual squads and blobs.

4. Suppression is a base number and the number of shots fired, accuracy does not play a role.
18 Aug 2015, 00:25 AM

Cruzz

Cruzz

Cruzz
18 Aug 2015, 00:30 AM

Ty for the heads up. i hope relic dose something with the 50 cal. Do support weapons still take more damage? I cant remember if they got rid of that.
18 Aug 2015, 00:31 AM

Ty for the heads up. i hope relic dose something with the 50 cal. Do support weapons still take more damage? I cant remember if they got rid of that.

They have 25% received accuracy, meaning they are 25% more likely to be hit.
18 Aug 2015, 00:35 AM

Well if that is the case would it not stand to reason to take off the 25% on at least the 50 cal. that was it cant just get LMG down. Another stat question do the received accuracy also mean that they take more damage explosive weapons Nads and the like.
18 Aug 2015, 00:47 AM

Another stat question do the received accuracy also mean that they take more damage explosive weapons Nads and the like.

No, the received accuracy only really affects small arms fire. Explosives like grenades and mortars aren't affected. The affect on tank guns is negligible, they mostly rely on scatter to hit infantry targets.
18 Aug 2015, 01:05 AM

1 relic doesn't like USF
2 that's not true, I've stood in front of kubels for a full minute without getting suppressed. Make sure ur fully in cover
3 not true
4 *incremental accuracy and rate of fire

Cookiez pls I swear Kappa http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/hmg_team_mg42_mp
http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/m2hb_50cal_mp anything else?

50 cal deals 4x more damage than MG42.
18 Aug 2015, 01:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

4. Suppression is a base number and the number of shots fired, accuracy does not play a role.

Accuracy DOES play a role in AoE suppression.

Answering the issue with green cover and suppression.
Test i made a while ago
Information:
-An MG42 has 6 burst per reload.

-A lone conscript squad at 15m will get suppressed after 6 burst
-A lone conscript squad at 20m-25m will get suppressed after 12 burst
-A lone conscript squad at 25m-30m will get suppressed after 15 burst.

-A rifle squad (5 entities) at 15m will get suppressed after 8-9 burst

At this point you realise that with more entities, suppression increases. Thererfore:

-2 Squads on conscripts on full green cover (12models) at mid to long range (15m-30m), not bunch up together (2 different sandbags) will get suppressed after 4-6 burst of MG fire.

Although 6 squads of 1 model won't get suppressed at the same rate

Quoting cruzz from the other thread:

Incremental accuracy is probably +15% for every 2 or 3 models in the search area in addition to the one being fired upon. It's definitely not per each model. Takes too long to test to give a certain answer.
18 Aug 2015, 01:09 AM

The only help the .50 cal needs is the gun to have not shit health and armor. The help all HMG's need is no more 25% received accuracy. The help USF and OKW both need is all crew weapons to be bumped up to 5 men.
18 Aug 2015, 01:18 AM

Accuracy DOES play a role in AoE suppression.

But according to cruzz "Suppression is always applied regardless of whether the bullet hits or misses."
18 Aug 2015, 01:44 AM
Patrion 14

Any help would be great.

1) The .50 deals ~4x the damage of an MG42 (ignoring incindiary rounds), whilst also having a much faster set up and tear-down time as well as only a slightly smaller arc.

2) This will happen if the Kubel/MG42 focuses another squad outside of cover nearby. For some odd reason, AOE suppression is applied 100% to all units (even if they are behind green cover), meaning that you can suppress a squad in green cover by NOT shooting at them. The only cover that is immune to this "bug" is the conscript sandbag I believe.

3) The Mg42 has a higher AOE suppression and a higher base suppression value than other MGs, in part due to the fact that it gains more from incremental accuracy thanks to shooting at 5-6 man squads.

4) Rate of Fire, Suppression, AOE suppression (for blobs), incremental accuracy, and base accuracy all play parts in determining suppression. I may be wrong on accuracy, but I know the others affect it.
18 Aug 2015, 05:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

But according to cruzz "Suppression is always applied regardless of whether the bullet hits or misses."

AND AoE supppression is only applied on hits. That's why hitting vehicles or tank traps generate huge amounts of AoE suppression as they always resolve as hits. (Read the whole text)
19 Aug 2015, 00:48 AM

From the almighty Cruzz in the another thread:

"Other fun things the .50 cal has:

Weapon priority value set wrong so it will get decrewed by PaKs and other antitank weapons very easily

focus_fire: true so it does a notable amount less DPS than other HMGs considering its other stats.

Vet2 removes all the aoe suppression and incremental accuracy changes HMGs were given

Gun has 10 armor instead of 70 so gets gun destroyed fast by mortars and nades (35 pen)

Worst long range penetration of any HMG in the game (1.0)"

He later explains that focus fire:true means that bullets that miss their initial target can't hit other units for splash-like damage like other HMGs.

Figures that as soon as it hits Vet 2 that it reverts back to the crappy HMGs of the previous patch >.>
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★