Login

russian armor

Faction comparison by Relic

PAGES (9)down
19 Aug 2015, 00:35 AM

I should also add that people are still very pissed off ( and rightfully so) when Relic Promised that there would be no gameplay elements tucked behind a paywall for multiplayer and low and behold at launch we had gameplay elements tucked behind paywalls and they never ever said "Look guys we're sorry, we got your hopes up."

The one ray of light seems to be that the new factions have a limited number of commanders that can in theory not be bought. Although I still hate the system on principle. I hope coh3 limits microtransactions to skins, decals, faceplates and other cosmetics but it's probably far too late to shut the gate once the horse has bolted.
19 Aug 2015, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 09:12 AMEsxile

Just make cache not benefice 100% to OKW faction. Sharing resources is part of teamplay, but should be much less rewarding for OKW.
Sharing resources is part of teamplay when one player is actually sharing his resources. The whermacht resource drop is perfectly fine since there is a set number of resouces given for the investment.

Caches are completely different, because the player making the cache made an investment and is gaining the benefit of that investment. While his teammate is also gaining the benefits as well with 0 investment. It ends up paying off double or even triple then it would normally.

Bad idea, because then you'll have some players hogging all the strategic points with their own caches, while other players are blowing up allied caches so they can make their own caches, and then that person gets butthurt and starts shelling his teammate's base.

For that to work you'd either need to make caches stackable on the same point, or make them buildable anywhere in the sector.

Yeah just make them stackable. It's no big deal. Better then keeping things the way they are.
19 Aug 2015, 07:46 AM

It's not impossible. Bazookas with an AT that has a wide arc and no need for sighting at vet 1 also with armor piercing goes a long way.

Actually it is.
You'll have your AT inf and ATGs wiped effortlessly by axis infantry and armor will roll over you.
19 Aug 2015, 09:01 AM
Patrion 15

Accuracy of the descriptions aside I think this whole early/mid/late game faction view is fucked.

Basically saying one faction is stronger early game versus another stronger late game makes winning revolve around the clock.

All factions should be equally as strong throughout the game, but in relation to aggressive or defensive power.

USF shouldn't be stronger early game, just the stronger attacker. Ost would be matched to be equally strong but in a defensive way. Offence and defence balanced and changing hands throughout the game by giving each faction access to the right units and counters throughout the game. Not leaving one faction dry until it hits a time limit and gets super defence and offence, against another who gets good units for a while but then finds everything obsolete.

VCoh was balanced like that - when a faction had aggressive options the other side actually had adequate counters.
19 Aug 2015, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 12:55 PMPluTT

Then you are playing the wrong game. This is how it was in CoH 1 and people seemed to think it worked fine there, it is also what made it special.

Perhaps you are reading it wrong; to me it means that you have a window which you have to capitalize on in order to compensate for your weaker period. In CoH 1 it meant that Americans had to be agressive early and get enough of a VP lead to win the late game during which the Wehrmacht had their window. As the Wehrmacht you did the opposite; you hade to hamper, and not lose, the Americans enough in the early game so you could win in the late game.

It made for beautiful games in my honest opinion.

vCOH also didnt had so much RNG to it
19 Aug 2015, 09:27 AM

vCOH also didnt had so much RNG to it

Actually it had much more RNG as it wasn't applied universally against all infantry squads, but depended on squad and a faction.

Not sure how it addresses post you've quoted in any way though.
19 Aug 2015, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 09:27 AMKatitof

Actually it had much more RNG as it wasn't applied universally against all infantry squads, but depended on squad and a faction.

last time i played vCOH AT guns and bazookas penetrated panthers,here panthers dont give a damm about bazookas and AT guns(american ones).
19 Aug 2015, 10:06 AM

last time i played vCOH AT guns and bazookas penetrated panthers,here panthers dont give a damm about bazookas and AT guns(american ones).

US AT guns could do nothing without AP rounds on.
Bazookas penned only rear armor in any reliable way.

You're confusing penetration with deflection damage.
19 Aug 2015, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 10:06 AMKatitof

US AT guns could do nothing without AP rounds on.
Bazookas penned only rear armor in any reliable way.

You're confusing penetration with deflection damage.

am i?
you should play vCOH again Katitof,you will be suprised by the performance of those 2 units.
19 Aug 2015, 10:48 AM

I've played it long enough to realize that its recoiless rifles and not bazookas that are effective against anything above P4 and that vcoh AT gun is pretty much equal to coh2 USF AT gun, difference being vcoh one had deflection damage and long coh1 health bars allow you to notice deflection damage in a clear way.
19 Aug 2015, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 10:48 AMKatitof
I've played it long enough to realize that its recoiless rifles and not bazookas that are effective against anything above P4 and that vcoh AT gun is pretty much equal to coh2 USF AT gun, difference being vcoh one had deflection damage and long coh1 health bars allow you to notice deflection damage in a clear way.

are you sure bazookas arent good against panthers in vCOH??i am pretty sure their deadly.
now about the 57mm AT gun,i wont talk much about it on this thread other then being awful against panther unlike its vCOH(which could not be killed by a panther and could penetrate the panther reliably while also damaging it if it failed).
19 Aug 2015, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 07:46 AMKatitof

Actually it is.
You'll have your AT inf and ATGs wiped effortlessly by axis infantry and armor will roll over you.

Ohreally? Well after that all those tanks and infantry will be devastated by my counterattack of even more ATgunz, zookinfantry and latecomer tanks. So I win still.

Proudly brought to you by the Assume at Will Overwhelming Forces Outside of Argument(tm).

So now AT guns in combo with anti tank infantry don't kill tanks anymore.
19 Aug 2015, 13:53 PM

Permanently Banned

are you sure bazookas arent good against panthers in vCOH??i am pretty sure their deadly.

never was
19 Aug 2015, 14:11 PM

Ohreally? Well after that all those tanks and infantry will be devastated by my counterattack of even more ATgunz, zookinfantry and latecomer tanks. So I win still.

Proudly brought to you by the Assume at Will Overwhelming Forces Outside of Argument(tm).

So now AT guns in combo with anti tank infantry don't kill tanks anymore.

Let me say it this way since you're obviously reading something different then what I'm writing:

Amassed infantry AT means you have no AI. Axis inf rolls over your AT wall that can't be supplemented by HMGs(because awesome usf tech structure) and their armor proceed to rape whatever was left of your AI force.
19 Aug 2015, 14:28 PM
Patrion 14

How is this all of a sudden a vcoh thread?

Back on topic pls guys.
19 Aug 2015, 14:28 PM

There are zero infantry in the game that don't have AI. Not sure how getting AT on your infantry means there's no AI.

Unless you mean spamming ATGs means you won't have a strong infantry force. True, but spamming anything that's not infantry means that you won't have as much infantry. Gimping yourself army composition-wise is, in fact, gimping yourself.
19 Aug 2015, 14:55 PM

is .50 cal wall and at gun wall even a thing?
19 Aug 2015, 15:56 PM
Patrion 14

is .50 cal wall and at gun wall even a thing?

This is how cookiez and I have been playing 2s. Though the M1 57mm is not spammed in favor of Jacksons and M10s :)
19 Aug 2015, 16:16 PM
Donator 22

If relic is not changing USF, they will be dead after sept the 3rd.
In 2vs2 I haven't seen the USF for a while. It's every time double soviets.
19 Aug 2015, 17:05 PM

This is how cookiez and I have been playing 2s. Though the M1 57mm is not spammed in favor of Jacksons and M10s :)

Sounds interesting. You should make a guide or at least BO.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS