Login

russian armor

Main gun destroyed, abandoned vehicles..

17 Aug 2015, 06:34 AM

Why is there such a mechanic in game. It is too RNG based although it is more "realistic". I think they should simply be removed for more fair play.
17 Aug 2015, 07:42 AM

Gun Destroy I disagree, once your tank is down to 50% health you should be retreating.

Abandon, they need to rework so that it disables the vehicle until you repair it, or make capping it cost fuel like in Ardennes Assault.
17 Aug 2015, 07:44 AM

Abandon, they need to rework so that it disables the vehicle until you repair it, or make capping it cost fuel like in Ardennes Assault.

+ 100000000.
The tank needs to be disabled indeed. Now it's like GTA - Hop in the tank and steal it, drive away like a maniac.
I would really like to have it disabled / very slow.
17 Aug 2015, 08:18 AM

so you guys agree with actually giving away "free tanks"? You worked hard all game for the fuel point, invested manpower, and your own skill to keep the point. Finally you got a tank and boom. Enemy got free tank. GG.
17 Aug 2015, 08:20 AM

If I manage to kill disembarked crew and capture usf vehicle would it be disabled too? Kappa
17 Aug 2015, 08:27 AM

Main gun crit should be removed because it currently always happens when penetrated under 25% hp.Makes light vehicles and mediums a lot less effective and reliable.
Puma is more or less useless due to that.
17 Aug 2015, 08:32 AM

Main gun crit should be removed because it currently always happens when penetrated under 25% hp.Makes light vehicles and mediums a lot less effective and reliable.
Puma is more or less useless due to that.

Actually the Puma's problem is that there's a bug where Small Arms fire will always trigger Main Gun Destroyed. So any vehicle that can take small arms fire damage getting shot while below 25% will lose the gun every time.
17 Aug 2015, 08:46 AM

Actually the Puma's problem is that there's a bug where Small Arms fire will always trigger Main Gun Destroyed. So any vehicle that can take small arms fire damage getting shot while below 25% will lose the gun every time.

Also M36 and M10 get main gun destroyed crit from top gunner of a P4. So idiotic... They all should be fix asap
17 Aug 2015, 08:56 AM

ALL main gun destroyed crits should be removed. Its simply unfair to the person who got it. The way it works is different from mortars.
17 Aug 2015, 09:06 AM

That is what i basically wanted to point out but anyway less rng in tank combats would be another step into the right direction of the competetive and e-sports scene.

These random crits should all be reworked.

Main gun crit by RAM ok anything else is just idiotic.
17 Aug 2015, 09:58 AM

Abandoned tanks USED to always have serious crits on them I swear. Like early days of CoH2. When did they change it?
17 Aug 2015, 10:07 AM

Just NO. I like such features, RNG or not.
That's COH2, a unique RTS game and features like this make it feel unique. Yesterday ina verry long game I lost one puma and one PIV and they were captured by the enemy. My mate lost an ostwind and it was captured by enemy. My other mate lost a stug and it was captured by the enemy. And it was of course sooo much harder to win. That's life. Shit happens, so deal with it.
17 Aug 2015, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 10:07 AMJohnnyB
Just NO. I like such features, RNG or not.
That's COH2, a unique RTS game and features like this make it feel unique. Yesterday ina verry long game I lost one puma and one PIV and they were captured by the enemy. My mate lost an ostwind and it was captured by enemy. My other mate lost a stug and it was captured by the enemy. And it was of course sooo much harder to win. That's life. Shit happens, so deal with it.

You can have ur holy rng in 2vs2 or above but in a competetive mode like 1vs1 there is no place for additional and especially useless rng.

Dont get me wrong, rng like mortars or bounces are fine because they can be avoided by playing well,crits however cant be influenced.

17 Aug 2015, 11:07 AM

Criticals are fine and you have to adept. Abandon needs a rework. And abandoned vehicle should always have a destroyed engine or broken threads, or even a destroyed main gun. Why else would the crew abandon a tank?

It should also cost something like one third of the units price.
17 Aug 2015, 11:09 AM

Abandoned vehicles are a brilliant mechanic. Historically correct and makes for fun new synergies.
17 Aug 2015, 11:19 AM

What if instead of dropping abandoned vehicles feature, the abandoning crew actually would survive, automatically retreat to hq and become an smg crack unit with high DPS from upclose? That would be realistic too, cases where crew that remained without their toy where figting as infantry for a while untill they receive a new tank.

I mean, I would hate to see this abandoned vehicles mechanic disappear, but it's totally ok to have some compensation for it.
17 Aug 2015, 11:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Abandoned is not going anywhere. Deal with it.

I wish these "less rng" threads would go away. Coh2 is not coh2 without RnG.
17 Aug 2015, 11:21 AM

Can we please stop all these recent "please make CoH2 C&C clone with more detailed graphics" threads?

State of C&C games clearly points out that its not an issue at all in any way.

If you don't like RNG, then play SC2.
17 Aug 2015, 13:43 PM

I understand that many will not want main gun destroyed crit or abandoned vehicles removed since they are unique features of Coh2, and removing them takes away the fun we sometimes experience while playing.
Therefore, I now propose abandoned vehicle MUST be critically damaged(Main gun, engine destroyed, engine damaged) OR must be repaired to 50% health before available for recrew. This will force tactical adjustments for recrewing vehicles such as smoke cover to enable vehicles to be repaired, thus recrewed.
For main gun destroyed. I believe there is now a bug where this crit is easily triggered by small arms fire, this bug should be fixed, enabling only ordinance of higher firepower to destroy main guns. Moreover, for the sake of esports, it should be removed from 1 vs 1.
I welcome any opinions.
17 Aug 2015, 14:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Abandoned is fine in theory, they just need to tweak it a little. It punishes overextending without support, but people forget that it also saves your tank that you can get back.

I think engine destroyed crits on mines are a much greater problem in shitty rng mechanics.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight