Login

russian armor

Ambulance and medics (USF/UKF)

16 Aug 2015, 00:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Changes:

-Reduce ambulance popcap by 1. *

-Increase acceleration by .3 (right now it's slower than KT at 1.3)

-Medics inside the ambulance have 0.5 popcap (actual 1popcap) *

-Medics receive a new ability. For 30 muni they get stuck into a position and passively heal units nearby constantly. *
---Stuck mechanic like the major
---AoE healing like NDA (slower than manually healing or ambulance skill)

*This might or might not be necessary but i don't see any drastic consequences with it.

*This is also intended for the UKF medics (which i'll assume will give the same headaches as the USF medics).

Thoughts behind this:
I'm trying to address several things with this. Popcap for mid-late game bleed, micro sink by having to activate skills for every time you want to heal your troops (or the medics running into the front) and reducing the penalties of losing the ambulance while having it on the "front" or by an enemy flank.

Overall, i'm reducing just 2.5 popcap (3.75mp drain). Not a drastic change.
While having a better acceleration, you could escape from threats a bit more easily (it would have Sturmtiger acceleration, so nothing amazing).
If you could have a "secondary" source of healing, you wouldn't be as much as afraid of losing the ambulance.

If we compare it to other factions healing sources, you'll see it won't be imbalance on cost.
-Soviet pays 250mp and they are stuck at their HQ
-OKW get it passively with T1
-OH has to spend 150mp (bunker) and 60muni. They have the flexibity to do it where they want.

Notice that none of them have a popcap cost and they reinforce automatically after been killed.
-As USF, you'll realistically spend 160mp on a RE to recrew the ambulance (or any other unit) and put the medics wherever you want. The 30 muni cost is to account for the fact that the medics have a popcap cost attached to them and it will cost you mp to reinforce them in case they get killed. In the end it's just a +10mp -20muni difference with OH medic bunker.
You could argue it's a more flexible or mobile medic bunker, but again, you are paying munition for each time you settle down for a more vulneralble healing source.
16 Aug 2015, 01:21 AM
Patrion 14

i like.
16 Aug 2015, 01:24 AM
16 Aug 2015, 01:25 AM

I agree OP.
16 Aug 2015, 01:28 AM

i think it may make USF heal troops too fast, USF ambulance already have the AOE healing, it have some cds but it is the only real AOE healing in the game. which heals big group of units very fast. once we have the medic setup medic station, (i will call that for now) and let RE in the ambulance and use the skill. it will heal big group super fast. which could be broken for USF that use medic station+ambulance as a FHQ like SU since the infantry in both aura will heal super fast. that is all i can think for now, maybe give the ambulance positive heal and lower the healing rate to units near it once it stop instead and remove the skill.
16 Aug 2015, 02:12 AM

I rather they make medic garrison fighting position into COH1 style Triage.

Tommies healing is OP and making every other faction healing looks like a joke.
A blob that can do self-AOE healing is like <444>_<444>
16 Aug 2015, 02:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 02:12 AMPorygon

that is a pretty good idea
16 Aug 2015, 02:30 AM

Interesting idea, will be good I feel as there was a actual unit in some mod where you buy some medics and hold a position were they automatically heal units. I also liked of medics garrisoning FP and healing troops around those points.
16 Aug 2015, 02:33 AM

I'd suggest give the medics free AoE healing (with the "getting stuck" requirement), but they can't reinforce - only ambulance can. So, it could be good, but you need both to be powerful. No price attached, small micro needed. Stuck medics could have +25% received accuracy.

What do u think?

Edit: typos
16 Aug 2015, 02:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

i think it may make USF heal troops too fast, USF ambulance already have the AOE healing, it have some cds but it is the only real AOE healing in the game. which heals big group of units very fast. once we have the medic setup medic station, (i will call that for now) and let RE in the ambulance and use the skill. it will heal big group super fast. which could be broken for USF that use medic station+ambulance as a FHQ like SU since the infantry in both aura will heal super fast. that is all i can think for now, maybe give the ambulance positive heal and lower the healing rate to units near it once it stop instead and remove the skill.

I'll have to check healing rates but you'll be spending 160mp + 30mu to "overheal". Not like you could build a medic bunker on top of a OKW FHQ (which nobody does). Most of the time you are wasting time reinforcing rather than healing.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 02:12 AMPorygon

Tommies healing is OP and making every other faction healing looks like a joke.
A blob that can do self-AOE healing is like <444>_<444>

The AoE wasn't amazing neither the healing. It also force your units out of combat.

Having the fighting position to be a healing bunker when garrisoned by medics isn't a bad idea at all, i guess just another type of implementation.
16 Aug 2015, 03:37 AM

I like it. Allied factions need to be less micro intensive. This is a good step.
16 Aug 2015, 05:55 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 03:37 AMHorasu
I like it. Allied factions need to be less micro intensive. This is a good step.

i'm not sure they do (see Eldar, DoW2) but any micro they require over the "average" should be in order to make powerful and immediate changes, not simply to do the same things comparable axis squads do at the same cost. i think you can say that the allies generally have some micro intense but more powerful units right now but i also think that there is an issue in that most of the powerful axis units are both strong and low micro (see V, VI vs sherman, ISU; not a great comparison but does make my point).
16 Aug 2015, 06:25 AM

i think you can say that the allies generally have some micro intense but more powerful units right now

Yeah, no. I agree that more micro should mean more rewards, but that's not the case right now at all. USF particularly as a faction involves intense micro for par or subpar results. I don't know why you typed out this part of the sentence and then continued on with your next part, they contradict each other.
16 Aug 2015, 09:14 AM

I think the Ambulance should passive heal units around it once it's been parked for a few seconds. Alternatively, a manual set up that does the same thing, but triples HP and Armour.

It could have Overdrive, but I am against a general speed increase.
16 Aug 2015, 12:12 PM

I'll have to check healing rates but you'll be spending 160mp + 30mu to "overheal". Not like you could build a medic bunker on top of a OKW FHQ (which nobody does). Most of the time you are wasting time reinforcing rather than healing.

The AoE wasn't amazing neither the healing. It also force your units out of combat.

Having the fighting position to be a healing bunker when garrisoned by medics isn't a bad idea at all, i guess just another type of implementation.

What other healing doesn't force your units out of combat?
16 Aug 2015, 12:43 PM

Battlegroup HQ, the Brits
16 Aug 2015, 13:22 PM
Patrion 28

Those medics really need a "Stay put" option. Once activated they would only move a couple meters away to heal soldiers but would always return to their origin, just like all the other medics (bunker, truck, hq)
16 Aug 2015, 14:16 PM
Donator 11

-Increase acceleration by .3 (right now it's slower than KT at 1.3)

The ambulance shouldnt be a front unit which can quickly escape... it should be a risk to move your ambulance to the front line to reinforce troops there.

Pop cap isnt a problem imo while the pop cap abuse bug still exists
16 Aug 2015, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 03:37 AMHorasu

as long as i dont have to run all the way back to base to pick up my weapons which can sometimes be really FAR away thats fine by me
16 Aug 2015, 22:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 12:12 PMPorygon

What other healing doesn't force your units out of combat?

The ones which have no popcap tiered to them. Unless you blob all the time, you are gonna have to pull back units in order to be able to heal your troops (unless you equip medkits on all your units)

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 14:16 PMSwonVIP

The ambulance shouldnt be a front unit which can quickly escape... it should be a risk to move your ambulance to the front line to reinforce troops there.

Pop cap isnt a problem imo while the pop cap abuse bug still exists

As i said, it has worst mobility than a KT and i'm trying to make it move like a Sturmtiger. That's not a quick escape.

Popcap "abuse" only works for really late game with Priest and MAYBE Jacksons. And still, you can't be "afk" with your units so you just save some mp sometimes.

PD: it's not a bug, it's part of the design of the faction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★