Login

russian armor

Riflemen Vet 3

15 Aug 2015, 22:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 22:02 PMQbix

Sry to ask, but what do you actually mean by "free" officer squad?

When 'Muricans buy a tier, they get an infantry unit of an officer corresponding to that tier after the tier is built, with all of the unit's advantages and the disadvantage of having the unit's pop immediately forced onto you for getting the tier.
15 Aug 2015, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 22:45 PMVuther

When 'Muricans buy a tier, they get an infantry unit of an officer corresponding to that tier after the tier is built, with all of the unit's advantages and the disadvantage of having the unit's pop immediately forced onto you for getting the tier.

Is that really that much of a deal tho?
15 Aug 2015, 22:49 PM

Vet 5 should be removed and just more stuff packed into vet 1-3. This is how the brits will work, so I don't see why USF and OKW couldn't get this "feature".

Because obers receiving sprint and suppersion at vet 3 is totally fine
15 Aug 2015, 22:52 PM

Permanently Banned

Of coursse it is:romeoMug:
15 Aug 2015, 23:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 22:49 PMQbix

I occasionally would very much prefer not having a Major with only his forward retreat point being much use as I play 1v1 while on a map too small to really take advantage of said forward retreat point.
15 Aug 2015, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 23:00 PMVuther

I occasionally would very much prefer not having a Major with only his forward retreat point being much use as I play 1v1 while on a map too small to really take advantage of said forward retreat point.

Fair enough.
15 Aug 2015, 23:08 PM

This is a difficult concept but you can just increase the vet requirements to pad it out; or just remove silly stuff like sprint.
15 Aug 2015, 23:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 23:07 PMQbix

Fair enough.

The alternate route would be make the rest of the Major good :thumb:. And probably reduce the Ambulance's pop because 4 pop is actually a kinda really painful cost just to get healing - manpower, munitions and fuel for everyone else's can be recovered later in the game, but 4 pop for Ambulance will always be a noticeable drain.

Still, I'm a bit iffy on the concept of the free officers in general, but it's definitely not breaking Ostheer over its knee anymore.
15 Aug 2015, 23:15 PM

USF needs freaking supply depo and its upgrate Kappa
16 Aug 2015, 02:35 AM

In all honesty Major is great for recon plane as it can force the enemy to reposition and give you advantage in attacking. Now if only Major Strike was useful. But it would be nice if it was a option to buy the LT or CPT as this would lead to more infantry options for USF (i.e. I can go with 4 Riflemen into 2 Paratroopers.) It'd be nice if USF officers would be turned into support units instead with abilities assisting in fights or the economy. Far more interesting than a 2.0 Rifle squad.
16 Aug 2015, 03:04 AM

wtf, didnt anyone besides looney notice that he's trolling

No I am being serious. :P i would actually prefer throwing rifles away for REs with BARs or lmgs
16 Aug 2015, 03:41 AM

We need USF vet5 system like that other WFA faction. Problem solved EleGiggle

You should realize you dont get more vet with the vet 5 system on alot of OKW units.
16 Aug 2015, 04:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You should realize you dont get more vet with the vet 5 system on alot of OKW units.

I dunno if I'd really say that, there's a few examples, but most of them seem fairly significant to me.
16 Aug 2015, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 22:49 PMQbix

Mmm I reckon over time it is, as they take a squads worth of pop cap reducing your manpower income and you have to reinforce them of course. A choice in the matter would be nice.

Initially though, the free officer early game does give you a boost.
16 Aug 2015, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 18:18 PMBryan

Mmm I reckon over time it is, as they take a squads worth of pop cap reducing your manpower income and you have to reinforce them of course. A choice in the matter would be nice.

Initially though, the free officer early game does give you a boost.

I end up throwing the lieutenant away late game and keeping my captain :foreveralone:
16 Aug 2015, 19:02 PM

USF needs some major improvements in order to survive late game otherwise they are gonna end up as a garbage faction that relic wasted time, money and energy on.
16 Aug 2015, 19:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Riflemen need sticky nades, lowered reinforce,and 6 men at vet 3
16 Aug 2015, 19:41 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Move their accuracy bonus to 40% to match the other factions, possibly give them another boost to their recieved accuracy at Vet 3 and edit those units such as Major and Ambulance to have lower upkeep and have manpower reductions across various units that need them before then looking to see if they need manpower reductions.

I would rather see players get punished for getting Riflemen getting killed constantly, but be rewarded for preserving their squads and having the squad get tougher as they vet up than they do now.

A crazy idea I had though would be to change the M1 Garand profile to do a little more burst than it currently does at the cost of sustained DPS. It shoots fast, but that doesn't help mid-late game when the damage is low (8) and you're having models getting bursted by various weapons and cover means the fights take even longer.
17 Aug 2015, 00:54 AM

All of you guys have good ideas, but relic basically copied the COH1's Panzer Elite design and replaced it with US skins. Just think about it real quick with their core unit being versatile and the teching.

What they need to implement is a veterancy system that the Panzer Elite had. They need to give each unit a choice of an offensive boost or defensive boost whenever they earn vet. But judging Relic's past, this will seem like too much effort so they would probably rely on future commanders....
17 Aug 2015, 01:07 AM

All of you guys have good ideas, but relic basically copied the COH1's Panzer Elite design and replaced it with US skins. Just think about it real quick with their core unit being versatile and the teching.

What they need to implement is a veterancy system that the Panzer Elite had. They need to give each unit a choice of an offensive boost or defensive boost whenever they earn vet. But judging Relic's past, this will seem like too much effort so they would probably rely on future commanders....

I really like this idea. But for the sake of debate IMO the USF are more inspired by the Terran from Starcraft than anything. Terran are the kings of harassment, have very versatile and relatively cheap units.

Bunker-Fighting Pit
Marine-Rifle
Marauder-.50 cal
Ghost-Pathfinder/IR Pathfinder
Reaper-Paratrooper kinda
Siege Tank-HMC and Sherman combined
Helion/Widow Mine-M20/AA Track
Hellbat-M20 crew
Thor-Jackson
Medivac-Ambulance

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10