Login

russian armor

Riflemen Vet 3

15 Aug 2015, 17:46 PM

Most of the time in coh2 matches people only use riflemen for the early game and if they bleed too much since they are costly to reinforce against vet 3 lmg grens and etc. People switch over to Rear Echelons and give them weapons or they just tolerate the bleed which will hurt. A solution to keep riflemen in the game during the late stage I think would be to give them a reinforcement cost reduction at vet 3 but slightly increase veterency requirements. Feel free to add on to my idea!
15 Aug 2015, 17:48 PM
Patrion 14

Srs for president, that's all I'm gonna say.
15 Aug 2015, 18:03 PM

Compare Rifle vet to Conscript/Gren vet. They don't scale as well with vet.

Originally they were designed to be versatile, with access to all kinds of equipment (bars, zooks, frag & smoke nades, AT nade). Their vet lets them use nades better and more often.

I think allot of people would prefer the straight stat boost like the original factions.

Edit: And just to add my personal pet peeve about USF, which i've held since the WFA Alpha, the "free" officer squad which artificially gives the USF economy a boost in the early game, but gives you no choice in the matter and takes pop cap, so you pay essentially for it over time. Euuuuuuuuuurggggh.

15 Aug 2015, 18:06 PM

+1 Anything that helps to alleviate USF's general weakness in the late game. Wouldn't be too OP imo because as you lose squads you go back to their normal high cost when you replace them and rewards squad preservation.
15 Aug 2015, 18:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 18:03 PMBryan
Compare Rifle vet to Conscript/Gren vet. They don't scale as well with vet.

Originally they were designed to be versatile, with access to all kinds of equipment (bars, zooks, frag & smoke nades, AT nade). Their vet lets them use nades better and more often.

Add a reduction to their abilities' munition cost at vet 3
15 Aug 2015, 18:13 PM

Permanently Banned
I thought a straight up reinforce cost decrease to 23-24 would do. But being at vet 3 sounds a bit more balanced.
15 Aug 2015, 18:51 PM

I thought a straight up reinforce cost decrease to 23-24 would do. But being at vet 3 sounds a bit more balanced.

This
15 Aug 2015, 19:00 PM

I really like the idea of reducing abilities cost at Vet 3. Smoke would be 10 or 5 and grenades around 20 or 15. That would help with USF late game munitions and give more freedom. Reducing the cost of reinforcement sounds good indeed but Riflemen should get a better accuracy increased. I just dislike that this supposedly mainline infantry with superior weaponry get outclassed late game in both veterancy (besides ability range increase) and stats.
15 Aug 2015, 20:38 PM

This would only make sense for the russians and their human wave not riflemen
15 Aug 2015, 20:40 PM
Patrion 14

+1 and i dont want free officers either.
15 Aug 2015, 20:47 PM

Yea I agree they need that MP reinforcement decrease.
15 Aug 2015, 20:53 PM

I don't like the idea of tying the reinforcement cost reduction to vet since it would too severely punish loosing squads. If you loose a vet3 rifle squad mid game what incentive is there to build a new rifle squad as opposed to a RE squad? It's just easier to replace the rifles with RE at that point instead of trying to vet up another rifle squad to vet3 while bleeding MP.

Rifles either need cheaper reinforcement by default or USF need a global upgrade that reduces rifle reinforcement costs in the HQ.
15 Aug 2015, 20:58 PM

wtf, didnt anyone besides looney notice that he's trolling
15 Aug 2015, 20:59 PM
Patrion 14

The problem with riflemen is that they have the vet of a 240 mp infantry squad. People keep justifying riflemen veterancy because it is similar to grenadier veterancy (which it is worse than but whatever), but riflemen should be getting much more out of their vet than 240mp squads. Look at penals, they get very good veterancy despite costing 10 mp less. Stormtroopers are also a 280 mp squad, but they get sightly worse Panzergrennadier veterancy.

Give riflemen better vet scaling or make them cheaper to buy/ reinforce in the lategame.
15 Aug 2015, 21:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

wtf, didnt anyone besides looney notice that he's trolling

And ignoring that is working so well!
The problem with riflemen is that they have the vet of a 240 mp infantry squad. People keep justifying riflemen veterancy because it is similar to grenadier veterancy (which it is worse than but whatever), but riflemen should be getting much more out of their vet than 240mp squads. Look at penals, they get very good veterancy despite costing 10 mp less.

To be fair, Penals still kinda suck with that, so logically Rifles which aren't crap when bought would need less effective vet.

But it's obvious too less effective.
15 Aug 2015, 21:51 PM

Wait, what about grenadiers? They perform well yet start at 240 AND have great veterancy (This is not including their reduced received accuracy of 91% compared to Riflemen 97% starting.) Or the fact they get a amazing grenade or MG42. I just think its rather poor with a 240 unit being better compared to a more expensive unit while also having better veterancy and received accuracy. Granted their two different factions but considering how strong OST is compared to USF.
15 Aug 2015, 21:55 PM

We need USF vet5 system like that other WFA faction. Problem solved EleGiggle
15 Aug 2015, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 18:03 PMBryan
Edit: And just to add my personal pet peeve about USF, which i've held since the WFA Alpha, the "free" officer squad which artificially gives the USF economy a boost in the early game, but gives you no choice in the matter and takes pop cap, so you pay essentially for it over time. Euuuuuuuuuurggggh.

Sry to ask, but what do you actually mean by "free" officer squad?
15 Aug 2015, 22:02 PM

It would be interesting to see USF get Vet 4 or 5 but rather than increased accuracy or healing it'd go to reducing cost of abilities or something associated with USF abilities considering there are so bloody many. Meh, who knows.
15 Aug 2015, 22:14 PM

Vet 5 should be removed and just more stuff packed into vet 1-3. This is how the brits will work, so I don't see why USF and OKW couldn't get this "feature".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment