Login

russian armor

The SturmTiger

PAGES (7)down
14 Aug 2015, 09:08 AM

Yeah sometimes it leaves 1 model left!

Or the shells will miss or hit the ground somewhere in the middle.
Still, 1 model is enought to run and save veterancy.

Because old ISU was balanced right? :luvDerp:

No idea why are you taling about old ISU

Are you seriously salty that blobbers get vaporized by Sturmtigers lol

Blobbers? I hardly call a blobber someone who, for example, put MG, AT Gun behind it, and advance with shocks. 3 units on a small area but definetly not a blob.

It has 70 range, shot blocker shooting versus raw range is map dependent.

Sure, it has 70 range but it won't wipe your entire army from FoG and probably it won't do anything to tanks since it's better to keep it with HE.

If he sticks it covering a vital point you need...?

So why would you use infantry? Bait it with inf and advance with Tank, or opposite, bait with tank and then infantry. Use commanders' abilities to push it back. Simple red smoke is more than enough to make to move.
14 Aug 2015, 10:02 AM

Yeah sometimes it leaves 1 model left!

Because old ISU was balanced right? :luvDerp:

Are you seriously salty that blobbers get vaporized by Sturmtigers lol

It has 70 range, shot blocker shooting versus raw range is map dependent.

If he sticks it covering a vital point you need...?

It's strange, you seem like a pretty level headed guy. You can construct logical sentences and have some humour to your posts, I like it. But then when I see you every single post religiously defending any Axis unit even if its as stupid as the new Sturmtiger and then every replay you post is Axis only, I start to ask questions, I guess your just another addition to the cesspool.
14 Aug 2015, 10:18 AM

ISU won't wipe entire army in 1 click.

Why is entire army within 10 square meters? :romeoPls:
14 Aug 2015, 10:20 AM

Kappa, ooh mr. Someguy you made my day!
14 Aug 2015, 10:55 AM
Patrion 14

Please stop arguing just for the sake of arguing Alex...
14 Aug 2015, 11:22 AM

Currently the Sturmtiger is essentially a mobile B4 that does alot more damage, this unit is in my opinion a new balance issue.

This unit can be acquired as early as the 15 minute mark, it requires no teching to a tier at all and only costs 560mp and 160 fuel. Its main cannon shot does ridiculous damage and if Im not mistaken will 1 shot anything everytime. It also soaks damage like it's going out of fashion.

So lets talk counters. Relic has extended the fuel requirement for tier 4 as the USF to 120fuel, so getting a tank out at the same time is very hard to do, you have a Jackson at the best, good luck trying to take the Sturmtiger down too a low health value due to Volk support.

AT guns are the worst counter as they provide free XP to the Sturmtiger, static positions just get murdered with ease.

This unit just creates a situation where you cannot move out of the map due to its sheer presence, you lose the map as 4 Volks with shreks just cruize around with the Sturmtiger and maybe a Luchs or some MG's wiping vet 3 Rifle after vet 3 Rifle thus bleeding you out.

Thoughts?

I don't care if Sturmtiger will be changed. Why? Because I never use it. Why? Because comes into a shitty doctrine that has no other ability that worth. Because OKW can do just fine without it. Because you actualy never got to wipe enough of opponent's unit with the rocket, after shot sturmtiger being just a sitting duck. Because I have to cut everything else just to risk everything on a Sturmtiger. Is this telling you something?
14 Aug 2015, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 11:22 AMJohnnyB

I don't care if Sturmtiger will be changed. Why? Because I never use it. Why? Because comes into a shitty doctrine that has no other ability that worth. Because OKW can do just fine without it. Because you actualy never got to wipe enough of opponent's unit with the rocket, after shot sturmtiger being just a sitting duck. Because I have to cut everything else just to risk everything on a Sturmtiger. Is this telling you something?

One shot is enough to wipe atleast a squad or medium vehicle of your choice. No matter if it's a vet3 shocktroop, an AT gun or vet3 para at far distance. The loss of core units with high vet is even worse for allies because their replacements will not stand a chance against vetted axis units. The Sturmtiger weakens the enemy by unexpected wipes and causes a massive lack of mp and offensive firepower. Just because you can't use it, doesnt mean it's a terrible doctrine.

14 Aug 2015, 12:13 PM

I got 1 sentence for you.

last week I took out 3 100%/90% HP shermans out with 1 shot. Gave us the win Kappa
14 Aug 2015, 13:03 PM

Red, Iron, don't give me examples that happen once in a week, month, etc. You got 3 tanks or you could get none. For me, OKW tanks means PZIV and Panther nothing more nothing less (okay, maybe puma sometimes). Hardcore units, that you can rely on, not spectacular rng shit. But this is my way of seeing things, I am a practical person.

And Red, if you waste your sturmtiger rocket on a single squad, vetted or not, I see now your idea of "efficiently" using the sturmtiger. You better cease using it this instant, mate 'cause it's clear for me that you use it the wrong way.

As a conclusion I don't think Sturmtiger is gamebreaking. Trying to survive with one super heavy that has one shot against allied armor flood... good luck with that.
14 Aug 2015, 13:39 PM

Nice logic, the Sturmtiger wipe machine is in a shitty doctrine so its okay. Yeah so I guess the greyhound (which is in literally the worst doctrine in the game) with its old insta-wipe canister shot was fine?

Honestly this forum is becoming such a cesspool its hilarious. Please try and stop being so protective over the single faction you play. The Sturmtiger is literally at the #2 spot this patch in bullshit rating.

Any unit that can literally destroy multiple squads/tanks from FOW in 1 single shot is broken beyond belief. To make things 100% worse, it can even shoot through shot-blockers which is just hilarious. protecting it religiously like yourself and Alex are doing is just embarrassing.
14 Aug 2015, 13:44 PM
Benefactor 392

My honest opinion is that the sturm tiger was in a very good spot where it was to begin with.

It didn't need the over buff that it had gotten, aside from maybe a slight pen. not this uber i can pen all that is everything.
I love okw and i loved that unit. I mean I do abuse it still. But honestly it never should have gotten the buff it had.

If they had done that because it is A commander, I think that was the wrong approach in a whole.
14 Aug 2015, 13:48 PM
Benefactor 392

Also for the commander it was in,
I love that doctorine.
Heat rounds are love,
crit reps are love
the i can see your stuff ability is amazing (especially amazing in team games)
the commander is a nice little sight buff ( mostly use it on the panther because the panther is for me meant to kill tanks, never use it against infantry often)

14 Aug 2015, 15:35 PM

What you are saying couldnt be further from the truth. Elite Armour is useful! HE rounds, crit repairs, a mobile B4 and a vehicle map hack. Thats all useful.

Im also fairly certain that people dont just fire the ST and then immediately reload and sit still, why would any half decent player do that with a unit that is crazy powerful and costs a shit tonne?

I certainly dont play against players in 1v1 that would leave the ST in a situation which left it a "sitting duck". Im not sure if you do however :sibHyena:

14 Aug 2015, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 13:39 PMpugzii
The Sturmtiger is literally at the #2 spot this patch in bullshit rating.

What is #1? :hansGASM:
14 Aug 2015, 17:25 PM

Whether or not the Sturmtiger is actually OP or we need to "l2adapt lolnoob", I hope we can all agree that it belongs to the same family of units that are awfully designed. The B4 and pre-nerf ISU-152 are right there with it. They're units with enormously strong alpha strikes that give minimal reaction time and will just randomly start wiping shit left and right unless you can deal with them right quick. They're units that legitimately never should have been included in the first place. In a game all about unit preservation nobody should ever think to themselves "what if I make a unit that can INSTANTLY DESTROY MEDIUM TANKS but then has to take ages to reload!"

There should be a general design move towards fewer units with limited chance to react, fewer units that have no real counterplay or uninteresting counterplay (e.g. stukka dive bomb -> instantly render artillery useless).

Sturmtiger OP or not I do agree with this guy in terms of CoH2 balance philosophy.
Less 1 shot wipers!
14 Aug 2015, 18:00 PM
Donator 22

"Sturmtiger wipe machine" & "destroy multiple squads/tanks"

I guess some ppl here blobbed too hard in some games :foreveralone:
Its not that he destroyed squads and mediums before patch :foreveralone:

anyway :luvCarrot:
14 Aug 2015, 18:11 PM

"Sturmtiger wipe machine" & "destroy multiple squads/tanks"

I guess some ppl here blobbed too hard in some games :foreveralone:
Its not that he destroyed squads and mediums before patch :foreveralone:

anyway :luvCarrot:

Have you actually played a single match where your enemy used the Sturmtiger correctly? I´m sure it would convince you quickly to think otherwise. See that Vet3 Shock trying to engage in cqb? Well, they haven't seen the Sturmtiger behind the building.
14 Aug 2015, 18:22 PM
Donator 33

What is #1? :hansGASM:

I'm pretty sure that would be the rushed M5 Quad. While it may not be quite as retarded in itself, it is build way more often.
14 Aug 2015, 19:06 PM

sturmtiger is the ultimate attrition machine right now. as long as you can keep it alive it will keep killing vet 3 squads with impunity. that being said i find the counter to be AT guns since sturms actually cant kill the gun by itself anymore, so you can just keep recrewing those things and forcing the sturm to take shots on it instead of more valuable targets.
15 Aug 2015, 05:06 AM

Only way to kill it is to try and get it while its reloading with P47 strafe of Priest/off map arty strike while its in their base reloading in safety. Just send a recon flight with the major and then bomb it, but you have to time it just right...........
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 45
Germany 30
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %