Login

russian armor

UKF - infantry units

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
1 Aug 2015, 22:20 PM

Thank God I no longer have to pay 450 MP for a basic Infantry Section. It was the bane of the British in CoH1. This goes a long way to improving the pace of the game. :)
1 Aug 2015, 22:38 PM

x16 with vet, i killed puma in 2 seconds with them, lol.
1 Aug 2015, 22:43 PM

You just love repeating that exact sentence over and over again don't you?

And by the way, I'm pretty sure the best way of fixing an 'OP' faction is to nerf it, not to add another OP faction to counter it...

i will til something is done right now its so fucking frustrating to play USF against human opponents that i'm better off to play against computer AI's with human teammates as a way to pass time until buffs and fixes occur
1 Aug 2015, 22:56 PM

Big Red, USF is indeed the weakest faction. This does not mean unplayable. Rethink your strats, make better use of racks and REs, fighting pits, harassment of supply lines with light vehicles, pack howies, etc.
1 Aug 2015, 22:56 PM

Commandos: a squad where each man has the cloaking capabiltiy of the Ostheer sniper, combined with ultra close range DPS.

For whatever reason, having an ambush "bonus" when attacking from cloak, increasing RoF, accuracy, DPS, god knows what. I had one sneak up on a puma from the front and the enemy got so scared as its health was dropping ridiculously from SMG's, and he smoked away from an AI infantry squad...

#Balance

Also, you can camp behind any cover and wipe any squad/squads (plural) to win as well. Had a 3v3 where ally told us to stop using them because enemy was crying so bad from the chaos.

Don't forget picking up a PIAT so you can one-shot MG 42 Bunkers and StuGs :sibHyena:
1 Aug 2015, 23:11 PM

:romeoMug: let the mi mi mi begin
1 Aug 2015, 23:18 PM

Each of them was more powerful than a shock trooper at close range while being like a Fallsch at long. Then there was the x4 damage cloak bonus....

Not bad, this reminds of coh1 gliders, where the glider slid on the ground, and whatever it stopped on got destroyed. This could be tanks, houses, basically anything the glider stopped / got touched was rekt.

And the commandos were real terminators.. nothing like, okw obers. It's sounding really great... :]
1 Aug 2015, 23:30 PM

x16 with vet, i killed puma in 2 seconds with them, lol.
Sounds like an auto-firing M36. :romeoHype:
1 Aug 2015, 23:32 PM

Dear God, Commando's Ambush sound like they need re-tuning. Perhaps an accuracy buff and a massively nerfed damage bonus is in order?
1 Aug 2015, 23:48 PM

i will til something is done right now its so fucking frustrating to play USF against human opponents that i'm better off to play against computer AI's with human teammates as a way to pass time until buffs and fixes occur

I still find USF to be OK to play with in 1v1. They can still win a game. They are weaker than they should be though, that is true.

Tbh I find expert/hard AI harder to play against than humans.
1 Aug 2015, 23:50 PM

Dear God, Commando's Ambush sound like they need re-tuning. Perhaps an accuracy buff and a massively nerfed damage bonus is in order?

The ambush bonus needs a removal. A unit that can pop up behind enemy infantry unnoticed with shock-like DPS is more than enough... Chain gun bonus not needed. Besides, ambush bonus makes accuracy against everything pinpoint already.

I really do hope its not included.

"Ambush (Passive) – Commandos utilize the integrated suppressors and subsonic ammunition of the MK. VI Sten submachine gun to quickly take out enemy targets in close quarters."

I thought several threads advising against this would make Relic realize that units popping out of camo and wiping infantry isnt sane.
1 Aug 2015, 23:56 PM

If we remove the Ambush damage altogether, it makes the expensive Commandos lack anything special that represents how they operated. Not saying the the Ambush should stay as it is though. How about making a +50% accuracy the only buff they get and only for 5 Seconds after opening fire? No RoF, Damage, Armour or Penetration Buffs. It's realistic that they have better aim when performing a surprise attack. :)
2 Aug 2015, 00:14 AM
Developer Relic Badge

If we remove the Ambush damage altogether, it makes the expensive Commandos lack anything special that represents how they operated. Not saying the the Ambush should stay as it is though. How about making a +50% accuracy the only buff they get and only for 5 Seconds after opening fire? No RoF, Damage, Armour or Penetration Buffs. It's realistic that they have better aim when performing a surprise attack. :)

Unless they changed the Sten guns DPS, they don't really need the bonus. I think it was ridiculously high despite being stock.
2 Aug 2015, 00:15 AM
Donator 33

If we remove the Ambush damage altogether, it makes the expensive Commandos lack anything special that represents how they operated.

They are already special enough with their vet 0 cloak, demos, smoke nades and unusually-high-damage-grenades. There's no need for an ambush bonus.

If relic didn't change anything about their vet 0 DPS they will shred infantry even without any additional damage out of cover. The ability to immediately engage enemy inf at point blank range is already enough of an advantage.
2 Aug 2015, 00:28 AM

i dont know why you guys are freaking about cloaking when you dont even know the exact numbers since they probably changed since alpha. also dont forget that commandos are very very squishy and dont have the same recieved accuracy bonuses that obers have.
2 Aug 2015, 00:57 AM

royal engineers are hot.

Haha dude your signature.
Loving it
2 Aug 2015, 01:06 AM

i dont know why you guys are freaking about cloaking when you dont even know the exact numbers since they probably changed since alpha. also dont forget that commandos are very very squishy and dont have the same recieved accuracy bonuses that obers have.

urgh i hate them (obers) those super duper soldiers (my nickname for them) and for good reason lets hope commandos are on par with them
2 Aug 2015, 01:28 AM

I shall say no more on Ambush then until I know more. Though if they are shredding Pumas, it sounds like their Penetration hadn't been tuned properly. I'm sure Relic will fix this eventually. Being Silenced Stens, they should realistically have very low penetration as silenced weapons always have a weaker punch than normal. I'm sure that's where Relic will go with this.

I imagine that the Bren Gun will have more punch against Light Vehicles, should the Commandos require it without sacrificing anti-infantry capability. Hell, maybe they'll even fire on the move like USF Paras and OKW Obers! :D
2 Aug 2015, 02:01 AM

I shall say no more on Ambush then until I know more. Though if they are shredding Pumas, it sounds like their Penetration hadn't been tuned properly. I'm sure Relic will fix this eventually. Being Silenced Stens, they should realistically have very low penetration as silenced weapons always have a weaker punch than normal. I'm sure that's where Relic will go with this.

I imagine that the Bren Gun will have more punch against Light Vehicles, should the Commandos require it without sacrificing anti-infantry capability. Hell, maybe they'll even fire on the move like USF Paras and OKW Obers! :D

Er game mechanics lesson time. Many small arms have a penetration of 1. Puma has front armor of 25. 1/25 = 0.04, 4% chance for one bullet of said small arms to penetrate puma armor. As the sten is an SMG and fires in bursts, and there is a squad of stens, (and small arms cant miss at shooting at vehicles), the commandos, as well as any other squad with assault rifles/guns/lmg's will do damage vs light vehicles such as the puma. Its just that the ambush bonus in Alpha made it capable of doing dozens of damage in short time vs puma's 400 health. Also, people claimed PIATs also benefited from ambush bonus, meaning commando PIATs blew up armor very rapidly. Also, various weapons of different calibre all have the same penetration because its orderly, so stens will be the same. Pointless for a weapon to have less than 1 pen.

Brens are UKF BAR's. Except obviously they are LMG's instead and are best on IS's. Only paratrooper M1919 upgrade for paras and LMG34 upgrade for obers allow firing on the move, but Brens are still NDA, as well as PIATs, and this is a Commando thread...
2 Aug 2015, 02:21 AM
Patrion 14

Haha dude your signature.
Loving it

lol thanks.

hey nigo, is there a brit wallpaper with the sick retail version cover art? with the guy kneeling down with a map?

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS