Login

russian armor

UKF - infantry units

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
17 Aug 2015, 19:48 PM

They got times 8 damage. Meaning 1 zook = 1 dead medium. 1 shrek = 1 dead Panther. 2 Zooks = almost dead Tiger (due to deflection damage). 2 Shreks = dead anything.

Last thing i wrote on the forum was for them to remove the bonus entirely and just have invisible commandos, which is already very much having less durable but invisible shock troopers behind every cover.

But when they showed infantry units on their blog, i was disappointed... I dont want to see commandos every single game...

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/08/17 Kappa

USF variety of approaches combined arms HA
17 Aug 2015, 19:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is the reason damage modifiers aren't a good thing :D
17 Aug 2015, 19:56 PM

Relic finally created a faction that's impossible to blob with; by making every single infantry unit individually super powerful.

Duel LMG (an LMG that only costs 60 muni and you can give to any squad like USF) Tommies, Commando's and Commando Variants (yes there are fucking commando variants lol). Really when UKF comes out they will HAVE to remove received accuracy for MG's or else countering is going to be a real bitch.

EDIT: IIRC all mg's lost their received accuracy in the Alpha and Relic ran with it and it turned out to be a very positive change.
17 Aug 2015, 20:12 PM

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/08/17 Kappa

USF variety of approaches combined arms HA

They do have a variety, it's just not all viable currently. I'm still a fan of both upgrades being 50 Munitions (100 to equip a squad with one of each weapon), or having the Bazooka come with a Para M1 Carbine to negate some of the DPS loss for buying a mediocre AT weapon.
17 Aug 2015, 23:09 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, Alexzandvar got Commandos right on the money this time. They were the essence of "broken" not in the sense of "they're OP," but in the sense of the primeval meaning of the word, they broke the game. Giving their already insane ambush multiplier to their picked up weapons is just LOL. That ambush multiplier shouldn't even exist in the first place, their natural damage was already Shock Troops on steroids. Even their natural damage needed to be toned down. If they stayed the same as they were in Alpha, then if I see a squad of Commandos popping out of stealth from ANYWHERE, even in the middle of 10 squads of my volks / sturms / obers, then I will proceed to shit my pants and learn to fear God. But luckily, they will be changed. 100% guarantee.
18 Aug 2015, 07:26 AM

I think you may be incorrect here. Can I suggest you look at the reason why six men won the VC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIAT

Well, if wikipedia says so... but I still have a slight doubt. I could give it some credit for light vehicles but tanks?!? what, PZ II and PZ III maybe...

18 Aug 2015, 10:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 07:26 AMJohnnyB
Well, if wikipedia says so... but I still have a slight doubt. I could give it some credit for light vehicles but tanks?!? what, PZ II and PZ III maybe...

Because Panzer II's and III's were the bulk of German Forces in 1944-1945, right?

Why do you think the PIAT wouldn't be able to kill anything?

18 Aug 2015, 11:08 AM

Because Panzer II's and III's were the bulk of German Forces in 1944-1945, right?

Why do you think the PIAT wouldn't be able to kill anything?

Interesting. I wonder then how many allied tanks were destroyed by some real AT weapons like panzerfaust and panzershreck the ancestors of every modern AT hand weapon. By the way, the representation of panzerfaust is verry verry poor in the game. Form 60 meters it would rip apart any allied tank ya know. Besides bazooka in real life every hand AT weapon that allied owned was kinda shitty.
18 Aug 2015, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 11:08 AMJohnnyB

Interesting. I wonder then how many allied tanks were destroyed by some real AT weapons like panzerfaust and panzershreck the ancestors of every modern AT hand weapon. By the way, the representation of panzerfaust is verry verry poor in the game. Form 60 meters it would rip apart any allied tank ya know. Besides bazooka in real life every hand AT weapon that allied owned was kinda shitty.

PIAT not knocking out anything ever? Give me a break, it was designed terribly but that doesn't mean it wasn't used to knock out tanks.

We aren't talking about Axis hand held anti tank weapons, you said the PIAT knocked out nothing, when clearly PIAT's were used against vehicles to some sort of effect.
18 Aug 2015, 11:15 AM

PIAT not knocking out anything ever? Give me a break, it was designed terribly but that doesn't mean it wasn't used to knock out tanks.

We aren't talking about Axis hand held anti tank weapons, you said the PIAT knocked out nothing, when clearly PIAT's were used against vehicles to some sort of effect.

That I can agree. But PIAT being the beast as it is in COH in real life? No way.
18 Aug 2015, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 11:15 AMJohnnyB

That I can agree. But PIAT being the beast as it is in COH in real life? No way.

Agreed.
18 Aug 2015, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 11:15 AMJohnnyB

The way piat targeting works makes it hard to hit stationary targets...
People go batshit crazy about its damage and deflection damage completely ignoring its inability to actually hit broad side of the barn.

AT weapon that uses scatter values instead of accuracy will NEVER be an effective AT weapon unless

1) Amassed
2) Used against morons
18 Aug 2015, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 11:18 AMKatitof

The way piat targeting works makes it hard to hit stationary targets...
People go batshit crazy about its damage and deflection damage completely ignoring its inability to actually hit broad side of the barn.

AT weapon that uses scatter values instead of accuracy will NEVER be an effective AT weapon unless

1) Amassed
2) Used against morons

Cause lmg's tommy button ability was so hard to press ... right
The problem is that PIAT, in bonus, could kill infantry quite good if you did sacrify a kitten to RNG god
18 Aug 2015, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 12:40 PMBlalord

Cause lmg's tommy button ability was so hard to press ... right
The problem is that PIAT, in bonus, could kill infantry quite good if you did sacrify a kitten to RNG god

Because tommies will have button and PIAT works exactly like it did in coh1.... right? :snfBarton:

I might surprise you here, but we're talking CoH2, not CoH1.
18 Aug 2015, 14:06 PM

Relic finally created a faction that's impossible to blob with; by making every single infantry unit individually super powerful.

Doesn't this mean that if they blob, they will be op beyond believe? This will indirectly promote blobbing :foreveralone:
18 Aug 2015, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 11:08 AMJohnnyB

Indeed Panzerfaust should wreck any allied tank at a range of 60 meters. Yet the game utilizes it differently and the Germans have the Panzerschreck that actually is die hard at.

From what I have heard, the Brits need the PIAT, since they sure as hell don't want the Relic's horrible coded Bazooka, or as I like to call it : shit
6 Aug 2017, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 14:01 PMJohnnyB

If it was for real, PIATs should be useful against nothing. There is no recording in all WW2 history of a piat actually knocking off a vehicle. Yes, it was THAT bad.

Mate that is bullshit, of course PIATS worked, they wouldnt use them if they didnt. You can find plenty of photo evidence and records of PIATS being used. Jeremy Clarkson's father in law won a VC at Arnhem for knocking out a tank with one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Henry_Cain#Battle_of_Arnhem
6 Aug 2017, 17:47 PM

Necroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Just some friendly advice, check the latest post dates to make sure that the thread isn't outdated. This is from two years ago lol.
6 Aug 2017, 18:26 PM
Patrion 310

6 Aug 2017, 20:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Natural 20 on turn undead.

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 94
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #